Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:52 pm

Based on your status with Marriott, Hilton may offer you the Diamond Challenge. You only have to complete 10 stays within a 90 day period. You must be top tier with one of Hilton's competitor companies, and they will ask you to fax in proof of your latest statement.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Platinum
Thanks

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Do a search on the SPG board, but it consists of mainly faxing a copy of your latest HH Diamond statement plus the back and front of your Hilton card to their Platinium Desk.
mike
Thanks for the help, MIKESILV. I called the SPG Platinum desk and faxed in my paperwork. ^
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Platinum
Misquote - Posted in Error

Last edited by KCEG; Oct 7, 2004 at 11:26 pm Reason: Misquote - Error
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
what's the real benefit(s) of diamond vs gold?

real close to moving from gold to diamond...not sure what the true benefits are?????
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:00 pm
SST

How about: really being able to use the zillions of points you've built up? I have always been able to get a free room when and where I wanted it, with one exception a few years ago (Had to take NY Hilton instead of the W-A). This, in itself, is a pretty decent benefit, and I've used hundreds of thousands of points...
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Using the Advanced option in "Search" for the word "Diamond" in the title of a thread, pointed to this thread

It takes some time and effort to get really adept at "Search", but in the long run it will save you time (not having to wait for someone to respond) and lead you to answers to questions you have yet to think about asking ... plus using "Search" will keep people from gritching at you that "that question has been asked and answered many times before!!!!".
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:27 am

Hilton HHonors Gold versus Hilton HHonors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Can anyone provide some feedback with Diamond status compared to Gold status? Do you have better upgrade? Do you have an extra bottle of water? Does the lady at front desk throw an extra smile at you...etc? Since both Gold and Diamond member both get upgrade to Executive floor, lounge access, breakfast..etc, what is the difference between Diamond and Gold? Is Diamond really worth while if you are already Gold? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Acrossenger
Can anyone provide some feedback with Diamond status compared to Gold status? Do you have better upgrade? Do you have an extra bottle of water? Does the lady at front desk throw an extra smile at you...etc? Since both Gold and Diamond member both get upgrade to Executive floor, lounge access, breakfast..etc, what is the difference between Diamond and Gold? Is Diamond really worth while if you are already Gold? Thanks in advance.
Just do a search in the Hhonors forum. You'll find several threads concerning this issue, including one started by me.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
Just do a search in the Hhonors forum. You'll find several threads concerning this issue, including one started by me.
I did! But since Diamond or Gold is such common keyword, almost all the threads in this forum showed in the search. Can someone repost these info here or point me to the right direction?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Acrossenger
No extra water. No extra smile. No slap and tickle in the utility closet with the housekeeper. I can't say I noticed a difference in treatment by the properties where I stay, but Gold was just a place I visited between Silver and Diamond. The difference seems to be with Hilton; the Diamond desk, the guaranteed reservation, the extra bonus points, the "Diamond Force" for awards.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I could tell you that the Diamond desk has more power to help out. Second time I needed a stay/points posted and both times had it done by the Diamond desk within minutes of calling. No need to fax the folio, no need to do anything.

I may be wrong but with the Gold desk it was not that easy.

Booking a reward/revenue stay. Much easier with my Diamond status. Actually when the hotel is sold out, www.hilton.com will have a "Diamond force" option under "available" instead of "sold out". And checking the rates under the Diamond force result in semi-acceptable rates, not some super duper inflated rack rates.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The only real difference I find is that I can actually use my HHonors points more often as a Diamond than Golds can. Other than that, not much difference.

Even the non-Diamond reps can post stays without the HHonors member -- specifically Golds -- having to fax in the folios.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Diamond does make a difference in whether or not you get upgrades at many properties outside North America, and a few within North America.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1MM)/HH Dia/DL Sil/SPG Gld/HERTZ 5*/MR Sil
Diamond in Europe/UK gets much better treatment. Present stay at The Trafalgar (until 2/18) got me sparkiling water, chocloate mousee and early check in on arrival plus daily lip balm (lemon/mango) and fresh flowers daily.

In the US not much difference except as noted with other posts.

Added: Room upgrade to junior suite with a real king bed (WOW).
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:45 pm

Silly Question - Sorry

Just reading about Hilton levels,

One night = 1 Stay
Two or more nights = 1 Stay

Correct?

Seems kinda silly that you can earn your level based on Stays (shorter) than nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.