Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
Diamond status

Does Hilton acknowledge achieving Diamond status in any way, other than to give you a new card?

(Like, an free night award?)

btw, as Gold, I stayed at the Trafalgar in London. No problem with availability, upgraded to large king room with huge gorgeous bathroom with separate glass shower and jacuzzi tub, evian water, plate of little yummy tidbits, lip balm, tranquility balm, jumbo shampoo, body gel, etc.

No mention of a lounge, so I don't know if they had it and I didn't get access, or they don't have one there.

I'd definitely stay there again, next time I'm in London on free stays.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by socoast
Does Hilton acknowledge achieving Diamond status in any way, other than to give you a new card?

None that I'm aware of. Just as well, since all the other Diamonds here would be whining that they didn't get anything requalifying.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
Difference between Diamond and Gold isn't that much but it is nice having the Diamond Desk when you need reservation help.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tenmoc
The biggest difference is that you can take the HH Diamond to SPG and the gold you can not.
As a recent *wood convert I would have to agree that this is the best benefit by far.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by tenmoc
The biggest difference is that you can take the HH Diamond to SPG and the gold you can not.

I am not sure what this means?

(Unless you are talking about status match)

Last edited by grayland; Jul 15, 2006 at 11:28 pm
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
and don't forget the personalized, follow-up email

First thing I noticed on making Diamond 2 weeks ago (fast track that was perfectly timed for a period of intense travel for me!) was that I started getting follow-up emails telling me that Hilton valued my business/opeinion and was I happy with my just-completed stay?

Clearly a Diamond advantage worth striving for...

Seriously, one other recent event that may illustrate a difference was in booking a Scandic award in Copenhagen. The Hilton.com site didn't list Scandic as one of the choices to search. Indeed, there was a hyperlink to a page that said Scandic can't be booked on-line and provided the phone numbers to Europe for direct booking. I called the customer service line on the back of my Gold card and asked for the number for the Diamond desk based on my new, exalted status. The CA gave me the number and connected me. The Diamond CA arranged the stay without a problem and thereby saved me a long-dtsance call to Europe (love to be on hold at $$$/min!).

Before everybody tells me you can book Scandic awards on-line (as a friend in the UK did), there may be paths to different pages where you can book a Scandic award on-line, but everytime I waded through the site it got to a page that allowed checking one of the usual Hilton family members or "All Hilton", but no Scandic and the specific link message I mentioned above.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: HHonors
I am an employee at a Hampton Inn in TN and want to say that in reality the only difference with Gold and Diamond member status is that as a Diamond member you get a reservation at any Hilton property if they are sold out as long as you use the 48 hour advance notice. Remember though these reservations have to be made through the Diamond desk not the hotel itself. I get several calls every day from some Diamond member demanding they have to have a room that night and that since they're a Diamond member I've got to do it. BUT the call must be made 48 hours in advance and there are certain black-out dates that this does not apply. For example here in March and August we have black-out weekends for the Nascar race. Which means even if you're a Diamond member you are NOT getting a room.
There are no additional snacks, no free movies, different breakfast, etc. Diamond members also don't necessarly have first priority over upgrades either. I personally tend to upgrade Gold members as often as I do Diamonds. Gold members need some love too.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:36 pm

Programs: Plat Delta
Originally Posted by HamptonInnGirl
Diamond members also don't necessarly have first priority over upgrades either. I personally tend to upgrade Gold members as often as I do Diamonds. Gold members need some love too.
Probably at one of the ones in TN I've been to recently and I didn't get an upgrade.

Golds do deserve love, absolutely, but at the expense of Diamonds? I'm afraid I don't understand that.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by socoast

I received my first HH Diamond card in the post yesterday. Other than coming in a nice envelope, there were no extras. It's nowhere near as exciting as receiving your elite airline card.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:02 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
SPG gold here who recently got Gold comped unsolicited through Air Canada Aeroplan, where I am an Elite (2nd highest out of 3, *A gold, 35 000 Q miles per year). Big question is, how often would I get upgraded from deluxe up one level to executive floor? SPG upgrades me (again SPG gold) once every fifteen stays from deluxe to executive.

For example here in March and August we have black-out weekends for the Nascar race. Which means even if you're a Diamond member you are NOT getting a room.
Do business travellers who are diamonds even like NASCAR? (yes I'm stereotyping)

Originally Posted by KatJ
Probably at one of the ones in TN I've been to recently and I didn't get an upgrade.

Golds do deserve love, absolutely, but at the expense of Diamonds? I'm afraid I don't understand that.
I can understand it; it keeps the golds loyal. Give golds one upgrade every once in a while, and they'll be happy. Give diamonds upgrades all but once, they'll be just as happy, unless they are FTers who try to find reasons for getting denied, like seeing someone they feel doesn't look like a diamond getting an upgrade to exec (happens on the AC forum all the time).

Last edited by cur; Dec 10, 2006 at 9:08 pm
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Alaska Gold 75K, American Plat Pro
HH Diamond will get you a nice bottle of wine when you stay in Hilton Singapore. They will check you in at the executive lounge instead of the lobby counter. They will prepare all the keys and pre-check-in drink for you.
They will definitely upgrade your room to the Executive Floor. Nice welcoming. I have stayed at Hilton Singapore everytime I transit.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:39 am

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum HHonors - Diamond
There are no additional snacks, no free movies, different breakfast, etc. Diamond members also don't necessarly have first priority over upgrades either. I personally tend to upgrade Gold members as often as I do Diamonds. Gold members need some love too.
Uh, wow.

If this is true, what a colossally bad move.
I mean, I'm Diamond through 4/08 and spend a lot of time in Hiltons. But lately I've been thinking about trying to comp over and checking out another chain. If the general trend is that Gold = Diamond, then I might as well burn some cash earning somewhere else for a while...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Diamond Vs. Gold?

Hello I have been a gold now for three years, other then the reservation policy is Diamond that much better?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
As I diamond I should the upgrades you do not get as a gold. If there are only a certain number of rooms for upgraded accomodation available, guess who will get these?!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Most of the benefits are at top of line hotels

Hi. I have been a diamond for a year and a gold two years before that. The biggest difference for me is that at mainline/top of line hiltons eg Hilton, Conrad, you will probably be upgraded to a much nicer room or the executive level with access to the executive lounge. I have most enjoyed great upgrades at hotels outside the U.S.

Don't expect much different treatment as a diamond at lower range Hiltons such as Hampton Inn, HGI, Doubletree, Homewood, Embassy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.