Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dudesdad
Diamond in Europe/UK gets much better treatment.
Yes, for example, at the Hilton Paris, Diamonds get complimentary breakfast in the lounge, where Golds can't get in until after breakfast. Of course, I didn't see any difference at the Paris ADT.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by back seat
Just reading about Hilton levels,

One night = 1 Stay
Two or more nights = 1 Stay

Correct?

Seems kinda silly that you can earn your level based on Stays (shorter) than nights.
Yes your correct. A stay is a stay, it does not matter if it is one night or 10 nights, it counts the same. Of course you can also earn status based on base points. For me it is much easier to earn Diamond on base points than it is nights or stays.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:06 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
At Embassy Suites, Diamonds get a super-cool bathrobe ... Gold's don't. It's so super-cool, I even wear mine down to breakfast.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Uniter
At Embassy Suites, Diamonds get a super-cool bathrobe ... Gold's don't. It's so super-cool, I even wear mine down to breakfast.
Hilton too.

Listen. If you're going to wear it outside your room, please tie the belt tightly. That display in the executive lounge last week was horrifying. I almost died choking on my oatmeal.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
i have an email from a certain specific australia property that stated very clearly that they only upgrade gold and diamond members to executive floors, excluding suites.

Fot Australia/ New Zealand purpose, i can finally attest that Gold/Diamond members do not get upgrades. You may get it once in a while if you are familiar, nice and circumstances allow for the discretion, otherwise, no.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Hilton too.

Listen. If you're going to wear it outside your room, please tie the belt tightly. That display in the executive lounge last week was horrifying. I almost died choking on my oatmeal.
^ Sorry about that.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Acrossenger
Can anyone provide some feedback with Diamond status compared to Gold status? Do you have better upgrade? Do you have an extra bottle of water? Does the lady at front desk throw an extra smile at you...etc? Since both Gold and Diamond member both get upgrade to Executive floor, lounge access, breakfast..etc, what is the difference between Diamond and Gold? Is Diamond really worth while if you are already Gold? Thanks in advance.
In the US, I've not really seen any amazing benefit of being a diamond. The best part of it for has certainly been the diamond desk. They are incredibly friendly, and do a very good job of helping you. They were very patient and helpful the other week in helping me with some complicated European reward stuff (though last year I did have one ask me if Amsterdam was in Canada ).

In Europe, however, I (generally) received excellent treatment as a Diamond. Front desk staffs were always very friendly, and I'd usually have some kind of treat during every stay. Sometimes it would be a chilled bottle of Evian and a fruit platter, sometimes a tray of chocolate truffles, but my favorite was in Amsterdam: a chilled bottle of champagne showed up on my night of arrival, and they also gave me a little tube that had two panoramic photographs from the roof of the hotel looking east and west which was really a great keepsake to bring home!
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:51 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Talking

More bonus points
Diamond "brutal force" to solve award sold out problem
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:05 am

As a Gold last year at a conference in Salt Lake, I was upgraded to a large 3 room Suite. My buddy who was a Diamond got a nice upgrade, but no where near this palatial suite. I must have smiled at the girl nice.....
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Diamond Desk help on paid and award stay availability (never used it)
Possibly better availability in reward stays online
A few more points
Generally nicer treatment at checkin. I haven't visited many hotels both as a Gold and a Diamond but once in awhile as a Diamond the clerk made a gushing comment about how much time I spend in a hotel.
At the Paddington Hilton i was able to say "What do you mean I don't get lounge access as a Diamond?!" with a successful result.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, Hilton Diamond
I asked the Front Desk Mgr at a Hilton once, and she said they upgrades all the diamonds first and then the golds.

But I'm not sure if that is true - esp given what Chapie stated as well.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
HH Gold vs Diamond?

Sorry, if this has been addressed, Icouldn't find anything in 'search'.
Is there a big differeence between HH Gold and Diamond? I received an email offering fast track to Diamond (I'm 1 stay from Silver) but when I look at the chart between the tiers there does not seem to be much difference between the two? Any Diamonds out there that can shed some light?
Note: I was Marriott Gold and the benefits were almost equal to the upper level. However, there is a big difference between Hyatt Paltinum and Hyatt Diamond! Please advise Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Unhappy Me, too.

Originally Posted by PSGlenn
Sorry, if this has been addressed, Icouldn't find anything in 'search'.
Is there a big differeence between HH Gold and Diamond? I received an email offering fast track to Diamond (I'm 1 stay from Silver) but when I look at the chart between the tiers there does not seem to be much difference between the two? Any Diamonds out there that can shed some light?
Note: I was Marriott Gold and the benefits were almost equal to the upper level. However, there is a big difference between Hyatt Paltinum and Hyatt Diamond! Please advise Thanks
I was just wondering the same thing this morning. Is it worth the effort? I really like the Platinum VIP I have with ICH-- I get suites often, but as a current HH Gold VIP I have no incentive to go for Diamond as I understand it.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Apart from the cool looking card I havent noticed anything really. There are the bonus points ... diamond force if you need to get a specific hotel room on a date (never used this myself). I think there are some other features but i've never really had or wanted to use them. Perhaps upgrades are more readily given though I still have been denied upgrade rooms and I suspect certain Golds got them by checking in earlier (i may be wrong on this).

If you are close to get the status then go for it, if it is going to cost you alot of $$s or hassel then settle for Gold. This isnt as big a difference as middle tier to top tier on an airpline :P
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
The big different is...

If you aren't traveling outside the US, I wouldn't bother (other than a 50% instead of 25% bonus points).

Many of the hotels I've been out of the US require a Diamond Status to enter the lounge (i.e., Rome Cavalieri, Sorrento Palace Hilton, Cancun Hilton, Park Lane Hilton and many more but I haven't been to them). But this rule only seems to apply to hotels out the United States.

Also, I know I would not have been successful in obtaining awards at any of these places had I not been Diamond.

So...if you tend to hang around the US, and don't care about the small percentage of extra points, I wouldn't bother. The upgrades here are the same....Gold will get you access into the lounge...Gold will get you breakfast, free access to exercise/gym areas that charge a fee.

I have not yet seen a lounge here in the states that require a Diamond status....except I have heard rumblings about the San Francisco Hilton on O'farrell Street only allowing Diamonds in the lounge, but I don't know that for sure.

Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.