Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Pathetic that Hilton has such mediocre properties in a world class tourist destinations such as San Francisco, Napa Valley, Monterey, Santa Cruz and the rest of northern California. Most of the other brand hotels have a superior property presence in northern California.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Chang11
Pathetic that Hilton has such mediocre properties in a world class tourist destinations such as San Francisco, Napa Valley, Monterey, Santa Cruz and the rest of northern California. Most of the other brand hotels have a superior property presence in northern California.
I agree, and decided to use my points for a night at the Hilton in Paris next month instead. Steep price for one night (80k), but I'd rather spend 80k for a nice hotel in Paris than 50k for a mediocre one in San Francisco.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
what are everybody's views on the Hiltons in SF? Which is best?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:02 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Having stayed at them all (Union Square, Parc 55, Financial District) I concur with the opinions here that they are all equally mediocre and nothing special. I generally choose based on price. All things being equal I choose Parc 55 because it's literally across the street from the Bart/Muni Metro station and I usually do better with upgrades there.

Do be aware that the breakfast benefit is constantly evolving at these properties (generally in a way that is unfriendly to the customer) and that most of the time you will be spending at least $10 per person for anything more than a coffee and a croissant, sometimes more.

You list a bunch of loyalty programs in your profile. For downtown SF, in all honesty, unless you need the nights or are burning points, you can probably do better with one of your other statuses. JW Marriott up the hill a bit has a really nice lounge.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by kpbadger
Having stayed at them all (Union Square, Parc 55, Financial District) I concur with the opinions here that they are all equally mediocre and nothing special. I generally choose based on price. All things being equal I choose Parc 55 because it's literally across the street from the Bart/Muni Metro station and I usually do better with upgrades there.

Do be aware that the breakfast benefit is constantly evolving at these properties (generally in a way that is unfriendly to the customer) and that most of the time you will be spending at least $10 per person for anything more than a coffee and a croissant, sometimes more.

You list a bunch of loyalty programs in your profile. For downtown SF, in all honesty, unless you need the nights or are burning points, you can probably do better with one of your other statuses. JW Marriott up the hill a bit has a really nice lounge.
Thanks. And here I thought that Diamond would get upgrades
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by hiima
Thanks. And here I thought that Diamond would get upgrades
Hilton seems satisfied with their status quo: two convention hotels that give them 3,000 total rooms, and the Financial district property. Espically with the big 2, they do well enough with the meetings and tourist traffic, and of course those are two types of guests for whom top tier benefits are not especially important.

Add in the fact that the three buildings are holding together with light to moderate renovations (the youngest, the Parc is 32 years old, while the oldest building in the Hilton is approaching its 60th birthday), and Hilton is probably getting a good return on its investment.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kpbadger

I've done best with upgrades at the Union Square (though relatively few stays at the Parc 55). Breakfast varies; I haven't been at the Union Square since they finished the renovations, so I don't know the current offer. FD had the lounge last time I was there.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just checking out of Union Square, they gave us the 38th floor - nice view. Breakfast is very good, free cold which has a lot of stuff and $10 for hot, they emailed us a $15 Urban credit so with one hot each day we spent $5 plus tip for two mornings. If you can believe it cold runs $27 pp - $37 hot.

Moving to FD for 3 nights will report Wednesday.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
FD for 3 nights, room 2323 - had a very nice view. Front desk said the lounge was slammed over the New Years weekend so front desk put us on the list to eat breakfast downstairs. It must have emptied the day we arrived as the lounge was never crowded in the am or pm so we just ate upstairs. They offered 2 hot choices every night 5-7 plus a good selection of cheese and fruit, wine $5, drinks $6; my wife had a glass of wine at the bar downstairs and it was $7.

We averaged $80/100 per dinner, the last night it was raining so we just ate in the lounge. If you think about it with free food for that day it pretty much paid for the room.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:11 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Any recent advice/suggestions on hotels near SFO airport?
Seems to be quite a few nearby.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
San Francisco Parc 55 and then where?

We have a conference in a few weeks and chose to stay at this Parc 55 Hilton. The reviews of this hotel seem kind of dismal so I was looking where else to spend two more nights of the trip. Any other Hilton property suggestions? Thanks very much.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I've had good luck here and gotten nice upgrades. Do you want to leave SF downtown or ?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:46 am

I have been to SF many times and open to suggestions. A Hilton with a view of something would be really great. I am going as a spouse to conference.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:51 am

I have been to SF many times and open to suggestions. A Hilton with a view of something would be really great. I am going as a spouse to conference.

Maybe you can suggest a side of the hotel that had a nice view if I can't find anything else?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The four options are:
  • Hilton Parc55
  • Hilton Union Square (I'm there now)
  • Hilton Financial District
  • Hampton Inn
The Parc55 isn't "dismal" by any stretch of the imagination. I've stayed there many times when hotel hopping between it and the Union Square. Breakfast isn't as good as the Union Square, but it's not dismal.

All three Hiltons have excellent views if you get a higher floor room. If it weren't for the fog I could see the Golden Gate Bridge right now.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.