Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Really need some dates here. The Berkeley Marina is FAR away from most things.
Hampton Inn Oakland Downtown is a good option, so is Daly City.

For Berkeley Marina, its an hour plus on Public Transit. You can also take a Ferry, but its still and hour+.

I get hotel loyalty, and I get per deim cost, but time is money here.

Give me some dates and we can see what we can find.
OP said 16-20 April
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Given your desire for convenience, this is a very poor choice.
With a complimentary shuttle or UBER to the BART, it surely can't be that inconvenient. Personally would choose a property within 5-10mins walking distance of a station but the OP's choice sounds reasonable.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
With a complimentary shuttle or UBER to the BART, it surely can't be that inconvenient. Personally would choose a property within 5-10mins walking distance of a station but the OP's choice sounds reasonable.
I am quite familiar with this property and its location. OP has much better options.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
just booked: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Berkeley Marina a 127 dollar
You can get into SF (Embarcadero area) from the DoubleTree on a "commuter" ferryboat. Nice ride and cheap.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
just booked: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Berkeley Marina a 127 dollar
Um...

Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:10 pm

Hampton Inn Daly City seems like the best bet for what the OP seemed to be targeting. Would not be my cup of tea, but if there are second thoughts on the Berkeley Marina location, I would check it out.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Really need some dates here. The Berkeley Marina is FAR away from most things.
Hampton Inn Oakland Downtown is a good option, so is Daly City.

For Berkeley Marina, its an hour plus on Public Transit. You can also take a Ferry, but its still and hour+.

I get hotel loyalty, and I get per deim cost, but time is money here.

Give me some dates and we can see what we can find.
16-20 april
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I am quite familiar with this property and its location. OP has much better options.
do you have some tips
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
There is that new Hampton in Downtown Oakland, wonder what that is running?

Very close to a BART... not the best area at night, but probably for walking to and from BART might be okay...?

DT Berkeley Marina is a terrible choice. The transit to BART takes a while during rush hour and that is not the best BART Station to be waiting around for a shuttle at.

I'd take the longer ride from ES Walnut Creek vs. the Berkeley Marina site any day as I've done both.

Neither property are great (ES Walnut Creek or DT Berkeley Marina) but certainly okay. Neighborhood around ES Walnut Creek is very safe; I've walked around late at night many times. Very safe clean area.

Millbrae Fairfield Inn as mentioned above if you can get it for $100 a night (I've never been so lucky), frankly, I'd just go with that over any of these Hilton ones.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:33 am

do you have some tips
Would you consider AirBnB? Depending on your team's size, you’d probably need to split up among more than one rental, but it’s often a better value proposition in SF than a hotel. Just read reviews carefully, and make sure there’s good access to BART or MUNI if you don’t want to use rideshares. If you have questions about a given neighborhood you can ask here for guidance.

Last edited by mehitabel; Jan 9, 2020 at 4:39 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I would have to agree that Embassy Suites Walnut Creek is the best given that the BART station is literally across the street to the hotel.

However, I would suggest one additional choice - Hilton Oakland Airport. The location is not as perfect as Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. But because it is an airport hotel, airport shuttle has a more stable frequency. Also - OP can choose to fly to OAK if possible. And OAK is a BART Station.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:35 am

The Good Hotel and Hotel Americana are both in your price range for the dates mentioned. Walkable to BART and Moscone center.

You will be in San Francisco. They are not luxery hotels, but they are clean, safe and close to everything.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:42 am

Hampton Inn Downtown Oakland is $200+ those nights, but 1.5 block walk to BART and a 10 minute BART ride to downtown SF
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by garykung
I would have to agree that Embassy Suites Walnut Creek is the best given that the BART station is literally across the street to the hotel.

However, I would suggest one additional choice - Hilton Oakland Airport. The location is not as perfect as Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. But because it is an airport hotel, airport shuttle has a more stable frequency. Also - OP can choose to fly to OAK if possible. And OAK is a BART Station.
OAK Hotel Shuttles take you to Coliseum station, not back to the Airport.
There is nothing walkable around there. The Hampton Inn downtown Oakland os a better choice, but most likely exceeds the budget.

For everyone recommending Walnut Creek, etc. remember this is an hour -ish BART ride. So if you go to a conference all day, then out to dinner with friends, lets say it 8 pm. Count on 20 minutes to get to BART from dinner, up to a 20 wait for the correct train, and a 20 min walk on the other end. This is realistically a 2 hour commute
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:07 am

Thanks for all advice, went to Marriott Oakland, 180 dollar and direct to Bart
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.