Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Was that a suite not yet refurbished? In the King Executive rooms they have now put some extra power ports.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just had a one night stay here. Upgraded to an executive king room with courtyard view. E-check in would only let me pick one room, so they seem to preassign the exact room.

As has been said, lounge extremely busy come feeding time. No seats available soon after 6pm. Went back a bit later, still none. People do seem to stay a long time in the evenings!

I decided to have breakfast in the lounge as it was quieter. Items were not being restocked or tables cleared. I saw no staff for the time I was in there. Some empty juice bottles and food running out. Probably best to go to the restaurant if it's included.

Nice enough hotel though, easy to find from the station, which is a short walk away. The staff I did chat to all seemed to be happy in their work.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Just had a great stay. Redemptions for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Upgraded (HH Gold) to executive rooms with courtyard view. Restaurant breakfast was excellent and the lounge handy for snacks, drinks and 4 hours of free alcohol each evening. Staff were helpful and all 4 beds we had were well-sized and very comfortable. Whole family would like to return! Only downside was that the pool is small and was freezing cold.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Only downside was that the pool is small and was freezing cold.
This is a common practice with Scandic hotels, which runs the Hiltons in Finland. The Scandic pools have been freezing cold for at least 10 years. Sorry to hear this has spread to the Hiltons as well! I would file a complaint!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by tsastor
This is a common practice with Scandic hotels, which runs the Hiltons in Finland. The Scandic pools have been freezing cold for at least 10 years. Sorry to hear this has spread to the Hiltons as well! I would file a complaint!
I didn't know whether this was normal this far north, to provide the counterbalance to the sauna...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:46 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have a stay there in 10 days and have a couple of questions:
1. Is the walk from the central station easy to do with a roll-aboard ? It will be late night if that changes things.
2. How is the gym at the hotel ?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fransknorge
1. Is the walk from the central station easy to do with a roll-aboard ? It will be late night if that changes things.
It's the best part of a mile. There's a good footpath the entire way, and it's an easy, flat walk - but it could be covered in snow and icy depending on the conditions, especially late at night. Do not try and walk through the park (at least, not if there's snow on the ground) - just stick to the roads.

If you don't want to pay for a taxi, the better option would probably be to catch the tram. Along that stretch they run very frequently - literally every minute or two for most of the day, and there's a stop just past the Hilton.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:09 am

2. How is the gym at the hotel ?
I didn't use it, but it looked quite small: from memory a couple of cardio machines and some free weights mainly.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thanks to you both for your answers.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:44 am

I just check-in online for my stay this week-end. I booked a King Guest room with sea view. I will pass on the App bug that led to an error page and that I had to check in on my desktop computer .... I finally get to choosing my room and none of them are the requested type, all are Twin Guest room with sea view ... except for one on the fifth floor which happen to be a King room. Hopefully this is a bug rather than this hotel trying to downgrade me. I will probably push them more than I usually do for an upgrade when I arrive.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:07 pm

I just check-in online for my stay this week-end. I booked a King Guest room with sea view. I will pass on the App bug that led to an error page and that I had to check in on my desktop computer .... I finally get to choosing my room and none of them are the requested type, all are Twin Guest room with sea view ... except for one on the fifth floor which happen to be a King room. Hopefully this is a bug rather than this hotel trying to downgrade me. I will probably push them more than I usually do for an upgrade when I arrive.
Good luck! I got upgraded (as a Gold) without asking. All reception staff I dealt with were excellent.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Did the room category change in your booking? I only ever complete OLCI when the upgrade shows.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:51 am

No it did not change in my booking, it is still showing King Guest room with sea view.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have a 3 night July stay coming, had booked a 38.5k premium rooom - now it is 25k for a standard. I think I'll spend the 75k and hope for the best as a Diamond. Right now we are coming in on the 23:45 flight from LHR, I assume a taxi is the only practical option that late?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:10 pm

The 615 bus is every 30 min 24 hours a day and stop a couple of hundred meters from the hotel. I am writing this as I am waiting for it at HEL after landing 15 min ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.