Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
@TBS: On these BA packages, does Hilton recognize your Hhonors status and give benefits and points accordingly?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by tsastor
@TBS: On these BA packages, does Hilton recognize your Hhonors status and give benefits and points accordingly?
Hi tsastor,

As I'm now only a Silver member I do not get lounge access or upgrades. As a third party booking I do not expect to get any stay credit but they did take my HH number for any incidentals ( I spend a small amount on postcards and the internet so might get a few points).
I'm not sure if you would get an upgrade if you were a Gold/Diamond member.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 17, 2013 at 4:59 am
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:01 am

Hmm, that's a pity as I recently discovered BA packages can be quite good value. Would like at least my free breakfast as Gold...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The rate I booked did include breakfast ( I could have gotten lounge access for another £100 but decided not to go for it)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
The new point rates are 40k for the Strand and 30k for the Kala, we are going to spend 2 nights there in July any suggestions as which might be the better value; both Diamonds?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by kmandrew
The new point rates are 40k for the Strand and 30k for the Kala, we are going to spend 2 nights there in July any suggestions as which might be the better value; both Diamonds?
Likely paying. It is vacation time in Finland and these hotels shouldn't cost more than 100 euros per night.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Strand, if you value free booze in the lounge as more than 10k/night.

Kalastajatorppa, if you value the beach and beautiful surroundings and don't mind the 30 min tram ride to the city.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tsastor
Kalastajatorppa, if you value the beach and beautiful surroundings and don't mind the 30 min tram ride to the city.
Tram ride is more like 15 minutes, no?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Both sound good, maybe do one night at each. We are doing a 14 day Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Stockholm/Helsinki/St Petersburg train ride and trying to figure out how many nights where. We have plenty of points so want to stay at Hiltons as much as possible. The guys on the European board advised us to spend 3/4 in St Petersburg, obviously no Hilton help there. They also advised us to take the night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm to save a nights stay. Everybody seems to like the Hilton choices in Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Stockholm and Helsinki so that will be a big help to the budget.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Very good hotel

Hi,

A quick update on this property.

Location: Not bad, about 15-20 mins walk to the city center (central railway station). Tram is available about 2-3 mins walk from the hotel. Bus 615/620 from the airport drops you about 5 mins from the hotel. Very doable even if you have large luggages (unless you mobility limited). -- Just walk towards the river/water after leaving the bus since the hotel looks to be slightly hidden when you leave the bus from the airport.

Staff: Very friendly and always helpful.

Room: OK size. in the direction of getting dated, but overall still ok and bed is comfortable. Bathroom is well equiped. Coffee/Tea making facility available in the room.

HHonors treatment: Very good. As a lowly Gold, was upgraded to the executive floor with access to the lounge. Breakfast was only available in the lounge (unless you have b/fast incld in the rate). Internet provided, but only for 24 hrs and 1 access limited to 1 devide. [if you need a longer period, the lounge provides 7 days access, again limited to 1 device]

Exe. lounge: Breakfast spread was ok, limited but to me sufficient. Hot items available (eggs + bacon). Evening hor d'oever was ok, for the 2 days I was there, looks to be the same items including the hot item. Food available until 2000, drinks (all alcoholic incld) available until 2100. This is one of the most generous lounge w.r.t to this I have been to.

Generic: I am very happy with this property. Slightly on the expensive side, but hey, this is Finland. As a Gold if you get lounge access, worth every penny/cents if you use the lounge, especially considering the price for alcohol in Finland.

Will certainly return to this property if I am in Helsinki again.

Cheers!
Old May 3, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Thanks for the update. All of this information is very helpful. I will be there next month and am considering taking the bus from the airport. There are two of us going so it will be interesting to see how we do the internet access between our iphones and ipads.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:26 am

It's never been a problem for me to get as many internet access codes as I need. (Up to three sometimes)
Old May 3, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nldogbert
HHonors treatment: Very good. As a lowly Gold, was upgraded to the executive floor with access to the lounge. Breakfast was only available in the lounge (unless you have b/fast incld in the rate). Internet provided, but only for 24 hrs and 1 access limited to 1 devide. [if you need a longer period, the lounge provides 7 days access, again limited to 1 device]
I've had no problems getting breakfast in the restaurant on multiple stays there this year - not sure if that's diamond only though. Their checking in the restaurant is so lax it's not funny - out of about 8 visits for breakfast I was only asked my details twice - most of time time you can just walk in and sit down without being challenged as there's nobody at the front desk.

Internet coupons are basically unlimited - just ask for them and they will give them to you, either at the front desk or at the lounge (if there's nobody in the lounge there's often a pile of them on the front desk). Each coupon is only good for one device at a time, but you can move between devices with about a 5 minute gap. In case you happen to move between hotels and have some spare, the coupons also work at the Hilton Kalastajatorppa!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
staying here this weekend.......I'm only a low life gold so I asked about brekkie and was told ONLY in the lounge except on Monday mornings......

received 2 Internet vouchers for 2 devices.....

Originally Posted by docbert
I've had no problems getting breakfast in the restaurant on multiple stays there this year - not sure if that's diamond only though. Their checking in the restaurant is so lax it's not funny - out of about 8 visits for breakfast I was only asked my details twice - most of time time you can just walk in and sit down without being challenged as there's nobody at the front desk.

Internet coupons are basically unlimited - just ask for them and they will give them to you, either at the front desk or at the lounge (if there's nobody in the lounge there's often a pile of them on the front desk). Each coupon is only good for one device at a time, but you can move between devices with about a 5 minute gap. In case you happen to move between hotels and have some spare, the coupons also work at the Hilton Kalastajatorppa!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
staying here this weekend.......I'm only a low life gold so I asked about brekkie and was told ONLY in the lounge except on Monday mornings......

received 2 Internet vouchers for 2 devices.....
Just missed you - I checked out Saturday morning

For Diamond breakfast is definitely either lounge or restaurant - the lounge is OK, but has a limited range, especially hot food.

Service in the restaurant at breakfast is woeful. If you're lucky they might bring you coffee and OJ, but they probably won't. About 75% of the time there's no-one at the entrance, so you can just walk in without giving your room number (hint, hint!)

They'll give you as many internet vouchers as you want, or just look on the desk at the entrance to the lounge and you'll find some too. The same vouchers also work at the other 2 Hiltons in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.