Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If you have 2 suitcases, I'd take a taxi. Direct delivery to the front door, no stress if there is inclement weather, for example.
Thanks for the input. I ended up taking the bus, since it was a beautiful day and I only had one suitcase. It got a bit crowded, but the bus has a couple of slots between seats for luggage.

Very nice woman checked us in and provided all details. Diamond upgrade to an Executive King facing the courtyard. Very quiet room on same floor as the executive lounge.

Evening spread is fairly basic, but promptly restocked. Breakfast in the restaurant or lounge. We opted for the restaurant as it opens earlier and has a pretty good buffet.

So far, a very enjoyable stay.
The _Banking_Scot and the810 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
For the future, I definitely recommend a train instead of the bus. It's a bit further but still an easy 15 minutes walk. Very pleasant and no need to squeeze on the bus
Old Sep 10, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stanj
Thanks for the input. I ended up taking the bus, since it was a beautiful day and I only had one suitcase. It got a bit crowded, but the bus has a couple of slots between seats for luggage.

Very nice woman checked us in and provided all details. Diamond upgrade to an Executive King facing the courtyard. Very quiet room on same floor as the executive lounge.

Evening spread is fairly basic, but promptly restocked. Breakfast in the restaurant or lounge. We opted for the restaurant as it opens earlier and has a pretty good buffet.

So far, a very enjoyable stay.
Glad it all worked out..
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
These days there are four taxi queues at the airport - I take the second one, Taksi Helsinki, which is 35€ anywhere in the centre.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by the810
For the future, I definitely recommend a train instead of the bus. It's a bit further but still an easy 15 minutes walk. Very pleasant and no need to squeeze on the bus
I was leaning that way, but worried it might be a bit difficult. After some exploring it looks like there is a shortcut at the far end of the platform, away from the terminal, that takes you out by the University. Saves a bit of time and avoids going through the main terminal. I may try that on the return to the airport.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have booked a 4 night stay from next Saturday (king room @EUR150pn)
Got my Nor1 offers today

Sparkling welcome package EUR 35
Guest room with sea view EUR 14pn
Champagne welcome package eur 55
executive room eur 30pn
King executive with sea view eur 51pn
King suite with canal view eur 180pn
King suite with sea view eur 280pn
presidential suite eur 430pn

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 7, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Arrived now.
Upgraded to king executive with canal view 2 bottles of water given together with details of hotel facilities
breakfast can be cither in the lounge or restaurant
room is fine.
Bathroom is a combined bath/shower combo
lounge seems unstaffed at the moment but staff have just come to clear the tables
coffee/tea, juices and soft drinks available with a few savoury nibbles, nuts and liquorice sweets
evening snacks from 6 to 8pm
Views from the lounge are nice but some construction by the bridge towards the sea
weather is showery.
Took a taxi from the airport for fixed fare of €35

Regards
Tbs

In the executive lounge now.evening snacks are basic as other posters have mentioned.
they had vegiballs which were warm and tasty plus a couple of other items salad,olives, bread and the savories and nuts from this afternoon plus crisps .
the white and red wines are just about drinkable ( i have had better in other lounges). No prosecco.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 7, 2023 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Arrived now.
Upgraded to king executive with canal view 2 bottles of water given together with details of hotel facilities
breakfast can be cither in the lounge or restaurant
room is fine.
Bathroom is a combined bath/shower combo
lounge seems unstaffed at the moment but staff have just come to clear the tables
coffee/tea, juices and soft drinks available with a few savoury nibbles, nuts and liquorice sweets
evening snacks from 6 to 8pm
Views from the lounge are nice but some construction by the bridge towards the sea
weather is showery.
Took a taxi from the airport for fixed fare of €35

Regards
Tbs

In the executive lounge now.evening snacks are basic as other posters have mentioned.
they had vegiballs which were warm and tasty plus a couple of other items salad,olives, bread and the savories and nuts from this afternoon plus crisps .
the white and red wines are just about drinkable ( i have had better in other lounges). No prosecco.
So champagne instead
Old Oct 8, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
So champagne instead

Hi

No champagne either

also no conditioner in the shower.(bottle empty so have asked housekeeping to refill it when they do housekeeping)
Yesterday was cloudi with the app saying wintry mix but nothing came abd it turned to be a beautiful sunny afternoon ideal for walking the esplanade to the water front and see from a distance the people using the outdoor pool after the sauna beside the ferris wheel.
beautiful sunrise today.( can't spell the name atm)
Heading to the seafortresss island today
breakfast is better than yesterday ( yesterday the orange juice was weak and the scrambled eggs were poor. .today is better.
liked the smoothies, the orange and ginger shot and the rhubarb cake slice

Regards

Tbs

Evening snacks tonight monday are
Leaf salad
Olives
Salmon mousse
Vegie dumplings
Breadsticks and bread
crisps ready salted
Energy bar

Lingonberry juice on tap is nice
RaginPlainsman likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 9, 2023 at 9:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.