Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Will be at this property in Feb for a Fri-Mon stay.

From this thread I gathered that the EL HH is until 8:30 PM on week days, 8:00 on weekends. Will Friday count as a weekday, or weekend (asking because arriving that evening)?

Also, does anyone know what time breakfast service starts and ends? And can HHDs choose b/w the EL and restaurant for breakfast?

Thanks!
BF,Mo-FRI from 06:30-10:00 am

Sa-Su from 07:00- 11:00 am
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Lounge is now located in a corner room near the restaurant area. Large room, with a view of the water and the bridge. WC is located outside but close by. Crisps, nuts, fruit and some biscuits during the day. Soft drinks and some beer in the fridge. Good Nespresso machine. One computer with printer.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Lounge is now located in a corner room near the restaurant area. Large room, with a view of the water and the bridge. WC is located outside but close by. Crisps, nuts, fruit and some biscuits during the day. Soft drinks and some beer in the fridge. Good Nespresso machine. One computer with printer.
Also, as a note, you can order mixed drinks (in addition to the available wine and beer) during HH. They will get them from the bar.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Also, as a note, you can order mixed drinks (in addition to the available wine and beer) during HH. They will get them from the bar.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:03 pm

Tonight, Hennessey cognac, Finlandia vodka, Bacardi, Gordon's Gin, Bushmills whiskey, Campari and Baileys available in the lounge.

Wine is Periage Merlot or Periage Pinot Grigio. Ruby Port is also available.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Apr 4, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Tonight, Henessey cognac, Finlandia vodka, Bacardi, Gordon's Gin, Bushmills whiskey, Campari and Baileys available in the lounge.

Wine is Periage Merlot or Periage Pinot Grigio. Ruby Port also available.
VS or VSOP?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:56 pm

VS or VSOP?
The VS Hennessey was better than I would have expected in the lounge. ^
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Avis PP. Dropped UA*G.
I normally stay at the Crowne Plaza in HEL because this is the preference of my usual travel buddy to this beautiful city, and the CP is better connected to the airport by simple and inexpensive bus, but we did stay at the Strand this time in January '15. The location is less good for sure, being further from the city and not connected by bus-link to the airport but it still only takes 15 minutes or so to walk into the city centre from the Strand. It was disappointing that the gym and sauna were closed (they will be closed for most of 2015), so I would stay somewhere else until they are opened again, but pleased that the hotel is getting some renovations based on earlier comments in this forum!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by andyd
The location is less good for sure, being further from the city and not connected by bus-link to the airport
The 615 and 620 buses to the airport stop about 100 metres away from the hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Will be staying here with my parents as a Gold in mid-August. Have a few specific questions I hope someone can shine a light on, after sifting through this thread.

1) What sort of breakfast is offered for Golds? I know the norm in Europe is to offer a full breakfast or lounge access, or both. Couldn't find anything in the master breakfast thread for Golds.

2) Does anyone have experience getting a rollaway bed here? We booked a King Guestroom Plus and it seems like that room would have plenty of room for a rollaway bed (at 30 sq meters+) but it's always hard to tell. I hope it can be done for free, but our rate was low so I probably wouldn't mind paying a small charge.

3) It looks like the best way to/from the airport is with the 615/620 bus, or since there are three of us with large suitcases, probably a taxi/uber.

Thank you guys for any help you can provide!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by bj27
Will be staying here with my parents as a Gold in mid-August. Have a few specific questions I hope someone can shine a light on, after sifting through this thread.

1) What sort of breakfast is offered for Golds? I know the norm in Europe is to offer a full breakfast or lounge access, or both. Couldn't find anything in the master breakfast thread for Golds.

2) Does anyone have experience getting a rollaway bed here? We booked a King Guestroom Plus and it seems like that room would have plenty of room for a rollaway bed (at 30 sq meters+) but it's always hard to tell. I hope it can be done for free, but our rate was low so I probably wouldn't mind paying a small charge.

3) It looks like the best way to/from the airport is with the 615/620 bus, or since there are three of us with large suitcases, probably a taxi/uber.

Thank you guys for any help you can provide!
Last time I was there in May 2015 (being Gold):
1) when staying at executive room, breakfast is only offered in the EL, pretty basic. Better to go downstairs to the restaurant.

2) rollaway bed - easy to fit, the rooms are very spacious

3) bus 615 has a stop 50 meters from the hotel, but it takes time ca 40 minutes, taxi can be a bit expensive (ca 40 - 50 EUR), there is also Finnair bus quick and efficient, however I do not know where the final stop it has, anyway if bus/train station in Helsinki taxi from there will be much cheaper.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Stayed end of May the EL was on the ground floor and not open until 10am. The final stop for the Finnair bus is the main railway station. Have always used the 615 and bought a regional ticket for travelling. Stop is Hakeniemi
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by TimJohnson1967
Have always used the 615 and bought a regional ticket for travelling. Stop is Hakeniemi
Hakeniemi makes perfect sense in the Finnish language, but the correct stop is Hakaniemi.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by AhogZ
Last time I was there in May 2015 (being Gold):
1) when staying at executive room, breakfast is only offered in the EL, pretty basic. Better to go downstairs to the restaurant.

2) rollaway bed - easy to fit, the rooms are very spacious

3) bus 615 has a stop 50 meters from the hotel, but it takes time ca 40 minutes, taxi can be a bit expensive (ca 40 - 50 EUR), there is also Finnair bus quick and efficient, however I do not know where the final stop it has, anyway if bus/train station in Helsinki taxi from there will be much cheaper.
This is perfect. Thank you for the help. I'm assuming it might be better then, to keep our "King Guest Room Plus" instead of getting an upgrade to the EL floor since we never really make it back for/care for EL evening offerings unless they're substantial.

Originally Posted by TimJohnson1967
Stayed end of May the EL was on the ground floor and not open until 10am. The final stop for the Finnair bus is the main railway station. Have always used the 615 and bought a regional ticket for travelling. Stop is Hakeniemi
Originally Posted by tsastor
Hakeniemi makes perfect sense in the Finnish language, but the correct stop is Hakaniemi.
Thank you! I will have to do some research on these to figure out which is the more cost-effective option for 3 people. We may end up just taking an uber/taxi instead, for convenience if the price difference isn't too much. Three adults with three large suitcases can be a hassle.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: M&M mainly
The offerings in EL cannot be considered as substantial, for sure. It is not Asian style Hilton EL. Being gold you may be offered access to EL and still keepying King Guest Room Plus though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.