Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Strand {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The seagulls chime in before 3 am currently..
Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
The seagulls chime in before 3 am currently..
ok... so you all are freaking me out. I'm not going to be woken up at 3 am every morning by seagulls.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Close the window. I had no problem with seagulls during my stay and I usually sleep until at least 10 AM
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by saaveraward
ok... so you all are freaking me out. I'm not going to be woken up at 3 am every morning by seagulls.
They may start chiming in before the 3am hour now — I wouldn’t know — but they build up during the early hours of the morning. So maybe it will be the 4am hour or 10am hour for you depending on how deep you sleep and how long you sleep deeply. Pay attention to the breakfast hours either way. Nothing like being woken up too early for breakfast and then collapsing asleep and missing breakfast because of the birds and/or light seepage around the blackout curtains/blinds.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just finishing my 1Xth stay here. Exec lounge is still being renovated but there's a room in the breakfast area downstairs acting as a temp lounge. Offerings are very basic.

That's not a huge issue but the staff here has always been a hit and miss. The young lady that checked us in was a delight but the lady I had to interact on our last night at the front desk was absolutely surly if not semi-hostile. I have previously experienced the same in the restaurant a few years back so maybe a management issue?

It's an OK Hilton in a decent location but the bad apples in the staff will make to actively avoid it.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
From my observations the average Finn tends to be a little more reserved than certainly Americans, or even other northern EU folk. It can seem unfriendly at first but is more societal.

But then doubtless they also have their share of jerks and psychopaths, same as the rest of us .
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
I booked 2 nights here in the first week of October. Location seems convenient. Not expecting 5 star, just a decent base to explore the city.
Will be arriving on the overnight ferry from Stockholm - looks like tram 3 from Olympia terminal to Hakaniemi gets me pretty close.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Very close - - have a great time. I always enjoy my stays. The location is very convenient.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Just finishing my 1Xth stay here. Exec lounge is still being renovated but there's a room in the breakfast area downstairs acting as a temp lounge. Offerings are very basic.
Stayed last night and the lounge is now open, although the happy hour offerings are thoroughly unimpressive. Breakfast (in the restaurant) was disappointing. Desk staff were very nice,
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by henry999
Stayed last night and the lounge is now open, although the happy hour offerings are thoroughly unimpressive. Breakfast (in the restaurant) was disappointing. Desk staff were very nice,
Thanks for the update. I’ve got an upcoming stay very soon.

Anyone take the Bus 600 from the airport? Wondering if the bus gets crowded around 4pm and whether it’ll be an issue with a couple suitcases.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stanj
Thanks for the update. I’ve got an upcoming stay very soon.

Anyone take the Bus 600 from the airport? Wondering if the bus gets crowded around 4pm and whether it’ll be an issue with a couple suitcases.
If you have 2 suitcases, I'd take a taxi. Direct delivery to the front door, no stress if there is inclement weather, for example.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have booked a 4 night stay here in early October .Prices reasonable ( EUR150 per night) and a lot cheaper than other european destinations ( ie Paris Berlin Rome etc)
It's been a few years since I've stayed here ( was Gold then so no lounge access) in January ( it was beautiful in the snow especially Sumoenlinna island and was not too cold at just below freezing- I avoided the cold spell of -20 though)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:05 am

how much is taxi?

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If you have 2 suitcases, I'd take a taxi. Direct delivery to the front door, no stress if there is inclement weather, for example.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pure12345
how much is taxi?
Have no clue to be honest.. I enjoy the convenience. Maybe $30?
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

On the app for my stay under transportation it says flat rate to Helsinki airport 44EUR ( pre booked taxi 50EUR) - this is booking a taxi via reception.

Not sure on the fare from the airport

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.