Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks. We will just be tourists for a couple of days, so as long as there is a tube station we will be fine.. I am sure whichever we opt for, we will enjoy the stay.

The train tickets are booked, just need the hotel.

​​​​​​
the bus or walking is often a better option. download citymapper to your phone
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by sarahluv
walking is often a better option
Absolutely

Originally Posted by sarahluv
the bus is often a better option
Almost never if you're already near a tube station, and so is your destination.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel

Almost never if you're already near a tube station, and so is your destination.

not from st james park. if you need to get to covent garden etc. (londoner for 11 years!)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Guys- I'm here for one night this Friday (24/3/17) , will do the usual live reporting, no particular reason just here with a mate on a jolly.......if anyone wants me to find any info, lounge/breakfast times etc etc , feel free to holla...will do my best.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wizla
Guys- I'm here for one night this Friday (24/3/17) , will do the usual live reporting, no particular reason just here with a mate on a jolly.......if anyone wants me to find any info, lounge/breakfast times etc etc , feel free to holla...will do my best.
I look forward to reading it. I'm there next week for a change from my normal weekday haunt - the Hilton Wembley
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by navelfluff
I look forward to reading it. I'm there next week for a change from my normal weekday haunt - the Hilton Wembley
Cool, shame you are not there Friday, could of hooked up for a beer in the lounge.........I like Hilton Wembley, it's been a while though.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:36 am

Cool, shame you are not there Friday, could of hooked up for a beer in the lounge.........I like Hilton Wembley, it's been a while though.
Arrived early at 10am, traffic was strangely light......no upgrade but I was happy to forfeit this for a room that's ready, it's a twin guest room on 7th floor, to be honest I can't tell the difference between this and an executive room, it has robes and water.......single sink but large bath, room fairly large and everything so far is good.
Went next door to the Delaney for breakfast ( recommended! ).... then we went for a wander around the west end.
Got back to hotel at 3-30pm, had a look in lounge - usual afternoon tea affair but only had a scone ( tasty! ) and a cup of tea.
We went for a sauna but sauna and steam room are out of order so just had a swim, this was mildly disappointing but never mind it refreshed us.
I'm here with a good friend of mine and we plan to use the lounge tonight and then hit the comedy store in Leicester Square.........so far it's all good.....bed comfy, everything works! and its spotlessly clean......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Mar 24, 2017 at 11:37 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:53 pm

Arrived early at 10am, traffic was strangely light......no upgrade but I was happy to forfeit this for a room that's ready, it's a twin guest room on 7th floor, to be honest I can't tell the difference between this and an executive room, it has robes and water.......single sink but large bath, room fairly large and everything so far is good.
Went next door to the Delaney for breakfast ( recommended! ).... then we went for a wander around the west end.
Got back to hotel at 3-30pm, had a look in lounge - usual afternoon tea affair but only had a scone ( tasty! ) and a cup of tea.
We went for a sauna but sauna and steam room are out of order so just had a swim, this was mildly disappointing but never mind it refreshed us.
I'm here with a good friend of mine and we plan to use the lounge tonight and then hit the comedy store in Leicester Square.........so far it's all good.....bed comfy, everything works! and its spotlessly clean......will report back!

Now in lounge, arrived 5-50pm, one third full, it's now 6-40pm. And full......nice vibe, not much to report really so I will get on with the selection-

CANAPÉS- haven't a clue, tastes like fried aubergine???, and calamari.
Salad and a good cheeseboard, there's also some type of cheese salad bowl but again I'm not sure.

SPIRTS - not changed- see my earlier reports.

WINE - red white and a great prosseco

BEERS- just becks

A slightly poor selection of canapés, I'm sure it used to be better than this, maybe it's just an off night...... will report back!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:00 pm

Now in lounge, arrived 5-50pm, one third full, it's now 6-40pm. And full......nice vibe, not much to report really so I will get on with the selection-

CANAPÉS- haven't a clue, tastes like fried aubergine???, and calamari.
Salad and a good cheeseboard, there's also some type of cheese salad bowl but again I'm not sure.

SPIRTS - not changed- see my earlier reports.

WINE - red white and a great prosseco

BEERS- just becks

A slightly poor selection of canapés, I'm sure it used to be better than this, maybe it's just an off night...... will report back!
Well it's now approaching 8pm , lounge quiet, few folk dotted around,Plenty of seats, it's like a conveyer belt with folk comming and going to shows I guess........but it's now quiet, will report back!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Which bourbons?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Which bourbons?
Definitely jack Daniels, my mate is drinking it!.....myself I'm on the prosseco.......think there was some scotch as well but not sure.....100% on the JD !
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am

Definitely jack Daniels, my mate is drinking it!.....myself I'm on the prosseco.......think there was some scotch as well but not sure.....100% on the JD !
.......slept well, bed very comfy indeed, ordered two newspapers ( the times for me and the financial times for my friend) both delivered to my room this morning.......not gonna bother with morning swim as sauna not working, I will shower and take breakfast.......will report back!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:29 pm

.......slept well, bed very comfy indeed, ordered two newspapers ( the times for me and the financial times for my friend) both delivered to my room this morning.......not gonna bother with morning swim as sauna not working, I will shower and take breakfast.......will report back!
Shower very good, monsoon style and powerful....... breakfast was very good too, in fact I would say great!........ we took it in the main restaurant , no que however we were seated in palm beach which is the ballroom area, nice marble effect......hot offering was hot and tasty and served on very hot plates ( napkin required to hold ), there is a great selection and the burcher musli is very good indeed, it was busy but didn't feel it with the palm beach area open....no upcharge to eat in restaurant but when we arrived they asked if I would like the breakfast charge put on room bill, I told them as a diamond member I assumed it was free and he agreed and took us to our table.
Checked out at 10am swiftly and concierge went to retreve my car, this was swift too and I'm on my way.
CONCLUSION- a very happy stay, shame the sauna and steam room were not working and the hot offering in lounge was poor but that aside the service and room was very good, my favourite Hilton and I will return and continue to recommend.
ROOM NO - 718
NEXT STAY - I'm back here 7th April for one night.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Well that was an excellent night. Shame it was just the one. I stayed in a king executive room. The room was OK, with a decent bathroom. We showered before we went out so it was nice to come back to a turned-down room and fully re-stocked bathroom.

Afternoon tea in the exec lounge was a bit uninspiring, but the evening service was much better. I especially liked the free-pour spirits and my partner enjoyed the prosecco. The cocktail bar was a fantastic (if eyewateringly expensive) experience. Breakfast was very good. Overall the staff are so friendly and attentive.

It was a great experience overall. The location and some of the services mark it out as special, but I would certainly struggle to justify paying three times for all that compared with what I pay for my more regular stays in a stadium-view deluxe or exec room at the Hilton Wembley. As occasional treat though, I can't wait for my next stay.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by navelfluff
Well that was an excellent night. Shame it was just the one. I stayed in a king executive room. The room was OK, with a decent bathroom. We showered before we went out so it was nice to come back to a turned-down room and fully re-stocked bathroom.

Afternoon tea in the exec lounge was a bit uninspiring, but the evening service was much better. I especially liked the free-pour spirits and my partner enjoyed the prosecco. The cocktail bar was a fantastic (if eyewateringly expensive) experience. Breakfast was very good. Overall the staff are so friendly and attentive.

It was a great experience overall. The location and some of the services mark it out as special, but I would certainly struggle to justify paying three times for all that compared with what I pay for my more regular stays in a stadium-view deluxe or exec room at the Hilton Wembley. As occasional treat though, I can't wait for my next stay.
Nice!......do you know if the sauna is fixed yet?, was broken last Friday, I'm there again next Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.