Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Lounge now quiet, maybe half full, it's been an interesting evening, such diverse people in here, there was the couple who were clearly not supposed to be here with each other, then the guy with his son who craved his attention but dad was more interested in his brandy and iPhone......then there is the guy to my right who I think must reside here as he's in here every time I stay here......I do like this lounge but I wish it was bigger.

Last edited by wizla; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:26 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:28 am

......didn't go down to dinner in the end, just had a few canapés from lounge, slept well until 5am when the dancing elephants above us got up and used shower it sounded like Niagara falls !.......went and grabbed a coffee from Lounge and dragon insisted I used a take away cup to take it out ( they have these out back, I didn't know this )........ Lady still asleep so I'm off to sauna/swim for an hour.
I wonder if breakfast will be as crazy as yesterday?......will find out and will report back!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:06 pm

......breakfast was the complete opposite of yesterday, no que , seated at nice table , lady ordered tea, it came promptly.......plates hot , food tasty ( great crispy bacon !!).........finished with a coffee in lounge and that was quiet too, this was now at the end of service ( 9-45 am ) ......forgot to mention pool and sauna was empty and was bliss!, shame I didn't have more time to enjoy it!......check out swift via concierge, car brought around in under 10 mins, great service!

CONCLUSION- I've had a another great stay, yes there was issues but nothing bad, the room wasn't the best to be honest, yes the bed was very comfortable but with the service room and lift next door it was noisy during the day , also there was a humming from outside , it didn't bother me much but was noticeable, also the air conditioning blows directly onto the bed , it's too hot to have off and to much off a draft to leave on, didn't bother me too much but my lady hated it.........of course i would and will return but I will avoid room 205.

ROOM NO - 205

NEXT PLANNED STAY - I'm back here again with a mate ( 4/11/16 )

Last edited by wizla; Oct 25, 2016 at 1:10 pm Reason: Additional information added
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:34 am

Back here again this coming Friday ( 4-11-16 ) , booked twin guest room - here with an old friend of mine, no particular reason just for a jolly old catch up, few glasses of fizz in lounge then off to the comedy club in Leicester Square.......will report back on Friday!.....if any other FT folk on here happen to be staying too you are welcome to join us for a night out ....will be in lounge from 6pm.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Back here again this coming Friday ( 4-11-16 ) , booked twin guest room - here with an old friend of mine, no particular reason just for a jolly old catch up, few glasses of fizz in lounge then off to the comedy club in Leicester Square.......will report back on Friday!.....if any other FT folk on here happen to be staying too you are welcome to join us for a night out ....will be in lounge from 6pm.
Preupgraded already to a twin deluxe room from std twin room....that's a good start.....will report back!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:05 am

Preupgraded already to a twin deluxe room from std twin room....that's a good start.....will report back!
Done OLCI to get twin deluxe room they pre assigned on top floor overlooking front of hotel, now checked and found I've been upgraded further to a KING EXECUTIVE ROOM , which is fine but I've booked a TWIN as im traveling with a mate, guess i can decline at check in but thought they would notice this?.....silly Hilton.

Last edited by wizla; Nov 3, 2016 at 11:06 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
7 consecutive posts could be a record
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
7 consecutive posts could be a record
I know mate....haha, I often wonder if I talk to myself.......however main report later today.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I know mate....haha, I often wonder if I talk to myself.......however main report later today.
nah, we're all there with you as your virtual posse!

Always enjoy your reports wizla, hope you get the bed sorted or you'll both need a lot more alcohol!

I'll toast you from Berlin tonight, trying the Waldorf there for the first time.

Safe travels.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by BotB
nah, we're all there with you as your virtual posse!

Always enjoy your reports wizla, hope you get the bed sorted or you'll both need a lot more alcohol!

I'll toast you from Berlin tonight, trying the Waldorf there for the first time.

Safe travels.
Good to hear mate, I was supposed to be in Berlin myself oct 21st but it didn't work out.....great place I'm told.....have fun,

Arrived 10-30 am, car valet parked and I'm ushered through to FD, declined upgrade to King exec as its room with sofa bed, no thanks......took a twin deluxe on second floor, it nice, fairly big, double sinks monsoon shower and good aircon........went up to Camden for a poke around, now back and in executive nursery ( I say that because it's half full of crying babies and loud children,), I won't be here long!.

SANDWICHES- tuna & sweet corn and egg mayo

CAKES - fruit cake and some scones

Bit of a poor offering really.......sod this I'm off to the sauna/pool to relax for a bit........hope situation improves for tonight's offering......will report back!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:45 am

........pool/sauna fairly quiet, bliss.......then back to room to get ready for the evening.......got to lounge @ 5-50 and it was one third full, managed to get sofa and that's pretty much where we sat all evening, it did get full around 6-30pm but then thinned out around 8pm, got chatting to a couple from Newcastle and another diamond who insisted Hilton Hyde park was the greatest hotel in the world, think he may have been a little drunk?

CANAPÉS- spicy sausage kebabs & mini egg tartlets, good cheeseboard and some couscous salad.

BEERS - Stella and ipa bitter

SPIRITS - same as last trip report

WINE - prosseco, red and white

........went to comedy store at Leicester Square for the 11pm-1am show, can recommend this for a great night out!......got back around 2 am, very hungover this morning so no gym for me but will use sauna and pool again.......then breakfast.......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Nov 5, 2016 at 2:47 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:27 am

Hilton Hyde Park?

Never mind a little drunk, he must have been absolutely sozzled.

You've picked the right weekend for the Waldorf, Len Goodman is there next weekend for a charity bash for Children in Need, a colleague at work won tickets the other day on R2, you would have though she had won the lottery.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
Hilton Hyde Park?

Never mind a little drunk, he must have been absolutely sozzled.
I am thinking he must have been referring to the PL, which overlooks Hyde Park.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
CANAPÉS- spicy sausage kebabs
Hope they were cooked better than when I visited the lounge during the summer. Myself and a couple of other guests noticed some were uncooked on the inside to which they were taken back to the kitchen only return with a message from the chef saying they were rare not raw.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:46 am

.......sauna and pool quiet, got chatting to a lifetime diamond member who claims it was gifted via American Express?.......surely not......back to room and then to breakfast.......never seen it so quiet......walked straight in , table for two and food was hot and tasty also on hot plates.......finished with coffee in lounge and that was quiet too, in fact thinking about it hotel seemed quiet all stay..........checked out 11pm and car appeared in 5 mins, great service!

CONCLUSION- another great stay, had fun , will return and recommend.

ROOM NO- 210

NEXT PLANNED STAY -23/11/16 Hilton Bournemouth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.