Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by HookEm
Isn't there a minimum dress code? I know there are a lot of people that think they can dress like they are at their own home so they can dress slovenly, belch, and scratch themselves. "It's all about me!"
I guess there is a dress code but it's not enforced, I always put a shirt on for the evening service but I often see guys in Bermuda shorts and flip flops ......fine poolside but in the lounge?, c'mon.

Check out was straightforward and swift, car brought around to front of hotel in around 5 mins, luggage loaded and I'm on my way.

CONCLUSION- another great stay, except the rubbish air con and the humming noise.......still remains my favourite!

NEXT STAY - Hilton St. George's park ( tonight)

ROOM NO - 305 ( I would avoid this room if you are a light sleeper )
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:05 am

I'm here again this coming Sunday night, will do live report!.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here again this coming Sunday night, will do live report!.
Booked queen guest room , preupgraded late yesterday evening to king executive room and I have done OLCI, 3rd floor at the front........now about to leave for the 3 hour drive to London.......will report back!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:20 am

Booked queen guest room , preupgraded late yesterday evening to king executive room and I have done OLCI, 3rd floor at the front........now about to leave for the 3 hour drive to London.......will report back!
Arrived at 11am, room not ready but left luggage and car with concierge and went shopping at Oxford street, returned at 3pm and swift check in, told luggage was in room and off to the room we go.
King executive room ( upgraded from queen guest ) on third floor at front, it's fairly big, first thing I noticed is very little street noise as room is double glazed.......bed , firm , comfy and huge, in England we call these super king size.
Double sinks and large bath/ monsoon shower ( over the bath ).
Room clean but does have a slightly sour smell about it???, nothing terrible but not pleasant either.
Went to lounge for afternoon tea, same offerings as last report but nice however.
Lounge very quiet maybe 7 people in there?........in fact whole hotel seems quiet.....let's hope the lounge is the same tonight.
Went for sauna and swim, again quiet and nice, steam room currently out of order but sauna very hot!........will report back later!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:15 am

Arrived at 11am, room not ready but left luggage and car with concierge and went shopping at Oxford street, returned at 3pm and swift check in, told luggage was in room and off to the room we go.
King executive room ( upgraded from queen guest ) on third floor at front, it's fairly big, first thing I noticed is very little street noise as room is double glazed.......bed , firm , comfy and huge, in England we call these super king size.
Room clean but does have a slightly sour smell about it???, nothing terrible but not pleasant either.
Went to lounge for afternoon tea, same offerings as last report but nice however.
Lounge very quiet maybe 7 people in there?........in fact whole hotel seems quiet.....let's hope the lounge is the same tonight.
Went for sauna and swim, again quiet and nice, steam room currently out of order but sauna very hot!........will report back later!
It's now 6-10, lounge fairly quiet.....relaxing vibe.

CANAPÉS- curry triangles and chicken wings.....some smoked salmon and good cheeseboard.

WINE - red , white and great prosseco.

BEER -Stella and becks

SPIRITS - same as last report

Not much to add really, we plan to stay for an hour or so then head off to tibbits restaurant up the west end........will report back!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I had a similar smell in my room at the Waldorf as well. Leaving the window open for a few hours helped a lot, though I couldn't ever quite figure out the source.
Keep the reports coming- makes me feel like I'm in London today myself...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I had a similar smell in my room at the Waldorf as well. Leaving the window open for a few hours helped a lot, though I couldn't ever quite figure out the source.
Keep the reports coming- makes me feel like I'm in London today myself...
Haha, thanks mate, yeah it's unusually quiet here in the lounge tonight, half full perhaps at best, I have noticed a steady decline in the canapés though, one time it was steak kebabs nowadays is cheap curry triangles.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Yes keep it coming. Where are you going for dinner?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Yes keep it coming. Where are you going for dinner?
Tibbits for dinner, it's a vegetarian restaurant......now to be honest I follow a paleo diet mostly which is the complete opposite, however this place is amazing! And my lady is vegetarian too so it's a real treat for her...... it's a buffet service and I haven't a clue sometimes what I'm eating but always taste delicious and voted 2nd best vegetarian restaurant in London last year.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:20 pm

Tibbits for dinner, it's a vegetarian restaurant......now to be honest I follow a paleo diet mostly which is the complete opposite, however this place is amazing! And my lady is vegetarian too so it's a real treat for her...... it's a buffet service and I haven't a clue sometimes what I'm eating but always taste delicious and voted 2nd best vegetarian restaurant in London last year.
Lounge is now nearly empty, a few folk dotted around but quiet, I touched on the subject of the canapés earlier about how they are now not as good, this is a shame but I guess we can't have it all ways, it's a great hotel and lounge in my opinion and is definitely now my favourite, that said I hear bankside getting some great reviews, will report back!
Old May 1, 2017, 12:31 am

Lounge is now nearly empty, a few folk dotted around but quiet, I touched on the subject of the canapés earlier about how they are now not as good, this is a shame but I guess we can't have it all ways, it's a great hotel and lounge in my opinion and is definitely now my favourite, that said I hear bankside getting some great reviews, will report back!
Got back from restaurant around 11pm, decaf tea and bed......slept well, bed super comfy!, air con slightly noisy but very effective.....I'm now in lounge having a coffee before I go to gym ( worth remembering this doesn't open until 8am sat,sun and bank holidays).
On this occasion I forgot to ask at check in for the times newspaper as I like it for the crossword, however it was hooked on my door this morning and I've just found out off lounge manager this is on my " guest notes " that I like the times newspaper?.......great service!.......seems like a nice bloke, even remembers my name.
Ok....better get to gym.......willl report back!
Old May 1, 2017, 8:52 am

Got back from restaurant around 11pm, decaf tea and bed......slept well, bed super comfy!, air con slightly noisy but very effective.....I'm now in lounge having a coffee before I go to gym ( worth remembering this doesn't open until 8am sat,sun and bank holidays).
On this occasion I forgot to ask at check in for the times newspaper as I like it for the crossword, however it was hooked on my door this morning and I've just found out off lounge manager this is on my " guest notes " that I like the times newspaper?.......great service!.......seems like a nice bloke, even remembers my name.
Ok....better get to gym.......willl report back!
gym empty but it was early, quick sauna and got chatting to a very happy silver member, I remember seeing him in the lounge last night, friendly chap who was very happy at scoring an executive room upgrade, good for him but just proves that hotel was very quiet to upgrade silvers.
Breakfast was taken in restaurant and then opened palm court, I requested a table as I prefer the ambience however this was not such a good idea as I was chilly in there.
Finished with coffee in the lounge , always nice coffee here!, I also noticed the breakfast spread was quite impressive too, I had some toast and honey ( reminded me of when I was a kid ).
Checked out at 11:30am , car brought around to me swiftly and we are on our way.

CONCLUSION - yep, another great stay....this hotel continues to impress me, that said I think it's time to try some others now

ROOM NO - 336

NEXT STAY - Doubletree Nottingham gateway ( 5 / 5 / 17 )
Old May 1, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
NEXT STAY - Doubletree Nottingham gateway ( 5 / 5 / 17 )
Glad you had a good stay at the Waldorf.

I didn't know that the Nottingham Gateway was now a Doubletree property. The last time I stayed there it was a slightly grubby hotel mostly used as a coach party stopover. Hopefully it has improved somewhat.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by navelfluff
Glad you had a good stay at the Waldorf.

I didn't know that the Nottingham Gateway was now a Doubletree property. The last time I stayed there it was a slightly grubby hotel mostly used as a coach party stopover. Hopefully it has improved somewhat.
Been a doubletree for a while. This is the one just off the motorway. Stayed there last year. No issues.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Been a doubletree for a while. This is the one just off the motorway. Stayed there last year. No issues.
Thanks. Definitely the same hotel. It'll be interesting to stay there at some point and compare old with new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.