Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Unimpressive onion Bhaji and fried calamari. I think the ambience of the lounge lacks the finesse and sophistication of the Conrad lounge at St James. Used to stay there and much prefer it to this one at Waldorf.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Unimpressive onion Bhaji and fried calamari. I think the ambience of the lounge lacks the finesse and sophistication of the Conrad lounge at St James. Used to stay there and much prefer it to this one at Waldorf.
Think it was the same canapés as that when I stayed last......certainly a very cheap offering.......was the lounge busy?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

So overall I am extremely unimpressed with this hotel and even after 24 hours I can conclude I won't be staying here again. I will write a full review, but main points:

No upgrade and spent 10 mins at checkin because they didn't know how to work the digital key
Lounge crowding in the evening
Poor canapés selection and cheap cheeses
Staff English (I asked where I can find some papers and the lounge attendant proceeded to provide me with blank sheets from the printer)
Breakfast told I can take in restaurant, sat down and ordered tea, 10 mins later my tea still not there but when I try to order an omelette am told there is a surcharge even for a diamond guest...stood up and left
Lounge breakfast bad, only poor looking scrambled eggs and some sausages and bacon, no table service even for tea

All of these are handled much better at the Conrad which is usually at the same rate, so I know where I am staying next time!
sarahluv likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
very much chimes with my experience. I did complain. The only resolution was an apology and a promise of a "welcome gift" next time.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sarahluv
very much chimes with my experience. I did complain. The only resolution was an apology and a promise of a "welcome gift" next time.
I sent them an email to guest relations as I couldn't find any feedback forms in lounge or room.

For me I don't need a welcome gift as there won't be a 'next time'
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I sent them an email to guest relations as I couldn't find any feedback forms in lounge or room.

For me I don't need a welcome gift as there won't be a 'next time'
Jeez, what with yours and saraluv's reports I'm thinking of moving my planned November stay to perhaps another Hilton as it appears to have gone downhill!......I'm Particularly annoyed to hear the sauna is still out of order after six weeks! Is ridiculous and this is one of the main reason I stay due to the spa facilities here......thanks for the reports .....disappointing!
nufnuf77, sarahluv and navelfluff like this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

So just had a chat with the assistant manager Farooz.

He was very sympathetic and offered to personally look after me and make things right. My problem, as I explained though, has been with lack of staff attention to detail and empowerment, and I said I won't be staying again, as I understand he would look after me but plenty of other guests will still be unsatisfied... he offered to comp my extra breakfast item but I decided not to have anything, safest choice...

E.g. The additional little annoying things: My room safe has been locked when I arrived; I asked for my room to be done housekeeping in whilst at breakfast, this was not done; I asked for the daily telegraph, told they don't do it; I have a digital key active for a room I am not in - he said they are new to this and would look into it, seems not to bother about security

Regarding breakfast, no change since yesterday, still asked to pay the £6 upgrade to have the porridge, so I didn't... I find it ridiculous!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Lounge breakfast is okay only. Scrambled eggs, back bacon and sausage every day. Could we not mix it up a bit, people? Perhaps you could be daring and add chopped chives to the eggs? But seriously, how about quiche, or poached or fried eggs once in a while.

Canapes were okay this week (very good veggie tempura one night), but cheese selection could definitely be improved. Exactly the same three cheeses are served at breakfast and in the evening.

Stayed here twice as a diamond in the past six weeks. No welcome gift either time, but I did get an invite to the managers reception, which I was unable to attend.
--
13F
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:49 pm

Good chance I'm gonna be here This coming Thursday night ( may switch to doubletree docklands but unlikely), booked twin guest room as it was originally traveling with crew member but now alone so hopefully get a king,queen room etc,
Strangely the hotel is currently closed and reopening on Thursday @ 3pm so no chance of early check in but should be arriving around 3pm anyway.
Gig to do in Brixton, 24 min bus ride over Waterloo bridge, not on stage until late so will get to relax in lounge first .........will report back.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Looking forward to your comments, as they’ll heló me decide whether to stick with the Waldorf or bail for Bankside in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Looking forward to your comments, as they’ll heló me decide whether to stick with the Waldorf or bail for Bankside in a couple of weeks.
Sorry to disappoint, I've now moved my stay to Hilton Olympia instead as most of the crew are staying there too......will still do live report!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wizla
Sorry to disappoint, I've now moved my stay to Hilton Olympia instead as most of the crew are staying there too......will still do live report!
oh no! Now how will I decide?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
oh no! Now how will I decide?
be bold my friend and choose wisely....������......the gym pool and sauna are closed until December also hotel is currently closed and opens 3pm Thursday, Olympia £70 cheaper and I have to be in Northampton Friday lunchtime so easily drivable from that side of London..........negatively it's quite a hike to Brixton for my show from Kensington!

Last edited by wizla; Nov 15, 2017 at 3:10 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Afternoon tea with free-flowing champagne £48.50 per person

Thought I share this from an e-mail I received from Bookable by Michelin..

"
Afternoon tea with free-flowing champagne £48.50 per person Available for afternoon tea Mon-Sun until 31 January 2018, subject to availability. Dishes from a set menu & subject to change. Free-flowing champagne served for 1.5 hours. Includes VAT, excludes service.

Sample menu:

Afternoon Tea at The Waldorf Hilton Star Deal Sample Menu:
Afternoon tea with unlimited champagne £48.50 per person Free-flowing Louis Dornier Brut champagne served for 1.5 hours
Assortment of finger sandwiches
Oak-smoked salmon & chive infused cream cheese blini
Baked ham with a hint of Dijon mustard onion slice
Free range egg & watercress basil loaf
Open faced coronation chicken
Mediterranean wheel
Citrus-fused tuna mayonnaise with slivers of chilled cucumber carrot bread
Homemade scones served with Devonshire clotted cream & preserve
Homemade delicate pastries
Selection of finest teas & infusions

wizla will probably report on this.. ;-)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Thought I share this from an e-mail I received from Bookable by Michelin..

"
Afternoon tea with free-flowing champagne £48.50 per person Available for afternoon tea Mon-Sun until 31 January 2018, subject to availability. Dishes from a set menu & subject to change. Free-flowing champagne served for 1.5 hours. Includes VAT, excludes service.

Sample menu:

Afternoon Tea at The Waldorf Hilton Star Deal Sample Menu:
Afternoon tea with unlimited champagne £48.50 per person Free-flowing Louis Dornier Brut champagne served for 1.5 hours
Assortment of finger sandwiches
Oak-smoked salmon & chive infused cream cheese blini
Baked ham with a hint of Dijon mustard onion slice
Free range egg & watercress basil loaf
Open faced coronation chicken
Mediterranean wheel
Citrus-fused tuna mayonnaise with slivers of chilled cucumber carrot bread
Homemade scones served with Devonshire clotted cream & preserve
Homemade delicate pastries
Selection of finest teas & infusions

wizla will probably report on this.. ;-)
haha, no my friend........being very English I do love afternoon tea but only occasionally these days as it's very calorific.......however does sound good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.