Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I think it’s more likely he would choose the Conrad over the Waldorf, dunno why…..I actually prefer the Waldorf but the Conrad is definitely more modern.
Quality Assurance duties requires one to cover many properties. Of course, being announced in advance, this is a failed process. A not so secret shopper. .
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Quality Assurance duties requires one to cover many properties. Of course, being announced in advance, this is a failed process. A not so secret shopper. .
That’s a very good point….agreed.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:10 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
It's not quality assurance. Both Nassetta and the late Sorenson have stated in Skift panels that they will both show up to properties with advanced notice and show up unannounced.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tangey
When I was in the conrad 2 weeks ago, then were busy prepping the lobby and front area, and they said that a bigwig from the hilton group was coming.
Originally Posted by WasKnown
It's not quality assurance. Both Nassetta and the late Sorenson have stated in Skift panels that they will both show up to properties with advanced notice and show up unannounced.
I was just going by this anecdotal observation..

On the other hand, I presume that nowadays you can't use fake names to book hotel rooms, no matter who you are.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:16 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
I was just going by this anecdotal observation..

On the other hand, I presume that nowadays you can't use fake names to book hotel rooms, no matter who you are.
Not sure for everyone else but even per the comment you quoted, they often let people know in advance they are arriving. I'm sure the reverse happens too (but harder to find data points for that given the nature). They also stay at the hotels of their competitors.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:20 pm

Anyway…… according to website executive lounge is now open again.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:16 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Now that London and the UK seems to be trying to be back to normal and fully open for business, I'm looking for recent experiences here in general, and how Diamonds are treated with respect to benefits and upgrades. I'm planning a July trip and am down to this property and the Conrad. They're both the same point redemption rate. The reviews on Conrad are generally favorable but sounds like things like the breakfast benefit has been pared back, though upgrades to larger rooms and sometimes suites happen fairly often for Diamonds.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a trip planned in July to London and can't believe the rates. Over $300UK a night!!!! Hopefully they'll come down since I like staying here over the doubletree west end but DT is almost half the cost
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
Now that London and the UK seems to be trying to be back to normal and fully open for business, I'm looking for recent experiences here in general, and how Diamonds are treated with respect to benefits and upgrades. I'm planning a July trip and am down to this property and the Conrad. They're both the same point redemption rate. The reviews on Conrad are generally favorable but sounds like things like the breakfast benefit has been pared back, though upgrades to larger rooms and sometimes suites happen fairly often for Diamonds.
I’ve stayed at both and much prefer the Waldorf ( Some on here would definitely disagree) as I feel it offers much more , yes the Conrad is more modern but it doesn’t have a great gym and spa like the Waldorf, there is always a buzzing atmosphere at the Waldorf too .
The executive lounges are about the same but I still prefer the Waldorf lounge although the Conrad is bigger and more quieter .
My next stay here at the Waldorf is few weeks away ( 25/3/22 ) , I will do a full trip report on here…..feel free to ask further questions.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
The executive lounges are about the same but I still prefer the Waldorf lounge although the Conrad is bigger and more quieter .
My next stay here at the Waldorf is few weeks away ( 25/3/22 ) , I will do a full trip report on here…..feel free to ask further questions.
Let the countdown begin! (but i am not sure what is the 25th month )
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Let the countdown begin! (but i am not sure what is the 25th month )
You lucky lucky people!…..haha, yes I forgot you guys reverse the day and month in the USA …. I did hear you even drive on the right hand side too?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:08 pm

Will diamonds have access to the executive lounge if not staying on executive floor? Upgrade availability?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
Will diamonds have access to the executive lounge if not staying on executive floor? Upgrade availability?
Getting access the lounge is a benefit for any diamond . The lounge is pretty nice, self serve bar at happy hour and I love the clotted creams and scones in the afternoon. Only thing is it gets crowded at happy hour, but nice to go to for appetizers and a cocktail before a show. Location can't be beat.

I've never received a suite upgrade but have gotten a larger room or exec level room before (and their exec lounge is either on 2 or 3, not the top floor). One thing I like is once they couldn't upgrade me the first night and my light was really late coming in and allowed me to order room service comped and another time they didn't have my room ready in time and they gave me two drink vouchers to the bar. Something I really like about here is a couple stays they looked my Hilton activity and gave priority to diamonds that stay there a lot, wish every property did that.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:52 am

Thank you for your reply. I arrive on the 28th . I've been reading reviews for months and they seem to be steadily getting more positive. Any idea how to email the general manager?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:55 am

I’m here Friday night with a old mate of mine, no particular reason just on a jolly .
Twin guest room booked and just noticed preupgraded to a twin deluxe room....... should arrive mid morning and the plan is to have a poke around the west end , afternoon tea ( in the lounge ) swim and sauna then relax in the executive lounge in the evening .
I have noticed that valet parking Is no longer an option here so will park at Q Park tower bridge and cab in.
If anyone wants me to find anything out during my stay please feel free to ask .
Will do the usual live reporting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.