Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Well....I say that, my stays there are nearly always one night but that was my understanding when explained at check in.
I think Winniesbestfriend does two night stays........ correct Winnie ?
I even stayed 4 nights last time because the rate was only £79 and I got 1 voucher per day, which a couple of people I talked to in the bar, also diamonds, agreed was stingy.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Question regarding breakfast;
We plan [however not take for granted due to current pandemic situation] a trip to London for the Easter-weekend.
The Waldorf Hilton is one of our potential candidates due to location and ambience.

If I [Diamond] book a room that sleeps four [2 adults and two children], how is this property when it comes to the comp. breakfast, strict to the 2 breakfast policy or comp the entire family?

As an alternative, if I book two room for two persons in each room, will it be strict policy to only comp. breakfast for room number one or will I get comp. breakfast for the two rooms?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GOTBound
Question regarding breakfast;
We plan [however not take for granted due to current pandemic situation] a trip to London for the Easter-weekend.
The Waldorf Hilton is one of our potential candidates due to location and ambience.

If I [Diamond] book a room that sleeps four [2 adults and two children], how is this property when it comes to the comp. breakfast, strict to the 2 breakfast policy or comp the entire family?

As an alternative, if I book two room for two persons in each room, will it be strict policy to only comp. breakfast for room number one or will I get comp. breakfast for the two rooms?
is your spouse a gold/diamond? If so I would have them book one room and you the other.

If the lounge is open by then you won't have an issue for breakfast there bringing in four people. You need a key card and there is an attendant but I've never been given a hassle bringing in guests. You can also opt for it in the restaurant and when I was there last they wouldn't allow three adults and said the third would have to pay, but with Covid if the lounge is closed they may be more accomodating, especially if the children are younger.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
is your spouse a gold/diamond? If so I would have them book one room and you the other.

If the lounge is open by then you won't have an issue for breakfast there bringing in four people. You need a key card and there is an attendant but I've never been given a hassle bringing in guests. You can also opt for it in the restaurant and when I was there last they wouldn't allow three adults and said the third would have to pay, but with Covid if the lounge is closed they may be more accomodating, especially if the children are younger.
Thanks, fortunately Mrs. GOTBound is Gold so that seems to be the smartest way in this case.

Semi-OT;
In this particular case I’m tempted to book a Two Double bed room and hope for an upgrade to Two Bedroom Family Suite, however I’ve been in the game long enough to know that never plan on upgrades or take them for granted and to be completely honest a Two Double would be a bit inconvenient for 4 nights so I’ll follow your suggestion and book two rooms, one each for me and my Mrs. GOTBound. I’ll talk to the hotel closer to arrival and see if we can get rooms on the same floor somewhat close together. Of course to take full advantage of the comp. breakfast benefit plays in as well, particular at a property like the Waldorf.

This year we’ve actually tried a few times the two room solution out of convince [for mum and dad] since the boys are old enough to share a room themselves [14 & 9 yrs old] if not a two bedroom room is an option.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GOTBound
Thanks, fortunately Mrs. GOTBound is Gold so that seems to be the smartest way in this case.

Semi-OT;
In this particular case I’m tempted to book a Two Double bed room and hope for an upgrade to Two Bedroom Family Suite, however I’ve been in the game long enough to know that never plan on upgrades or take them for granted and to be completely honest a Two Double would be a bit inconvenient for 4 nights so I’ll follow your suggestion and book two rooms, one each for me and my Mrs. GOTBound. I’ll talk to the hotel closer to arrival and see if we can get rooms on the same floor somewhat close together. Of course to take full advantage of the comp. breakfast benefit plays in as well, particular at a property like the Waldorf.

This year we’ve actually tried a few times the two room solution out of convince [for mum and dad] since the boys are old enough to share a room themselves [14 & 9 yrs old] if not a two bedroom room is an option.
That's your best bet, especially seeing you don't need the points this year to keep diamond with the waiver. Not sure how they are doing breakfast now with Covid, but when I was there in the past the restaurant benefit for both golds and diamonds was a pretty extensive buffet. Only difference was a couple times as a diamond I was told I could order off the menu (Love their waffles on the menu) and have it comped.

I wouldn't hold my breath for an upgrade. I think I've only been upgraded there one time. One nice thing was the first time I stayed there my flight was delayed 12 hours and I didn't get to the hotel until almost 10 p.m. and they couldn't upgrade me and they offered to comp room service the night which was really appreciated and anopther time they couldn't upgrade me and gave me a voucher for two free drinks at the bar.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’m hearing through the grapevine that the executive lounge will be back open in September.
jamesteroh and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:21 am

I am planning a trip March 2022. Read through all the reviews . So many negative, it seems the only thing this hotel has going for it is location.
The Conrad gets great reviews. I appreciate your comments.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I am planning a trip March 2022. Read through all the reviews . So many negative, it seems the only thing this hotel has going for it is location.
The Conrad gets great reviews. I appreciate your comments.
I will admit it is an acquired taste , the main pull for me over the Conrad ( which I agree is very nice ) is the gym and spa, the gym is huge but the spa is great , it’s perfect to wind down before the evening executive lounge service and as you said the location is perfect with a buzzing atmosphere.
teemuflyer and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's just clapped out, like the majority of "Hilton" hotels in the UK, no investment and RevPAR left to sink and sink which is totally screwed with Covid
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:18 am

I’m hearing reports that the executive lounge is opening at the end of this month.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am I going mad or is Chris Nassetta here right now?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Eh?.....
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:45 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Very possible. Nassetta was in Berlin last week. This is flagged as a Hilton right, not a Waldorf? I would imagine he's visiting multiple hotels but is probably staying at either the Conrad or the Biltmore Mayfair (or perhaps even at a competing hotel as he is known to do).
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
When I was in the conrad 2 weeks ago, then were busy prepping the lobby and front area, and they said that a bigwig from the hilton group was coming.
wizla and WasKnown like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
When I was in the conrad 2 weeks ago, then were busy prepping the lobby and front area, and they said that a bigwig from the hilton group was coming.
I think it’s more likely he would choose the Conrad over the Waldorf, dunno why…..I actually prefer the Waldorf but the Conrad is definitely more modern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.