Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:40 pm

I have this hotel booked for my family in August. Trip advisor has a few recent reviews regarding mice. Is this an on going problem? Personally a mouse wouldn't be the end of the world to me. Unfortunately my teenage daughter would not feel the same way! I love the location of the Waldorf, but if there really is a mouse issue I can switch to the Trafalgar or Conrad.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wizla
Nice!......do you know if the sauna is fixed yet?, was broken last Friday, I'm there again next Friday.
I didn't use the health club.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by navelfluff
I didn't use the health club.
Oh, ok......no worries.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Oh, ok......no worries.
Not trying to shame someone, are you?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Nice!......do you know if the sauna is fixed yet?, was broken last Friday, I'm there again next Friday.
Just finished a 4-day stay there. I asked about the sauna at the EL, and they said it was open. They guy at the desk called someone to check, but admitted that he didn't know about it having been broken. I didn't have time to check it out personally.

We had a good stay. Upgraded to King Exec, after being walked from the new Doubletree in Kingston due to a maintenance issue forcing them to close for the weekend. Worked out well for us, as the Doubletree covered the difference in rate.

Hadn't stayed at the Waldorf in a couple of years--we've been frequenting the Bankside and Conrad instead. I was glad to see they went back to offering diamonds full breakfast in the restaurant, rather than continental w/ upcharge for full. That was one of the things that made us favor the Conrad and Bankside.

Originally Posted by E0503
I have this hotel booked for my family in August. Trip advisor has a few recent reviews regarding mice. Is this an on going problem? Personally a mouse wouldn't be the end of the world to me. Unfortunately my teenage daughter would not feel the same way! I love the location of the Waldorf, but if there really is a mouse issue I can switch to the Trafalgar or Conrad.
I've never personally seen a mouse while staying at the Waldorf, but I know that a while back there were reports of a mouse scurrying aruond the EL in the evenings. Not sure if it's still an issue.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by E0503
I've never encountered a mouse there.

If you are travelling with your spouse as well as your daughter and you plan on eating breakfast at the hotel I'd chose the Waldorf over the Trafalgar. Trafalgar will only give breakfast for the diamond +1 where the Exec lounge will allow your entire family to eat breakfast at the Waldorf.

Never stayed at the Conrad, but the Waldorf treats diamonds much better than the Trafalgar.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I've never encountered a mouse there.

If you are travelling with your spouse as well as your daughter and you plan on eating breakfast at the hotel I'd chose the Waldorf over the Trafalgar. Trafalgar will only give breakfast for the diamond +1 where the Exec lounge will allow your entire family to eat breakfast at the Waldorf.

Never stayed at the Conrad, but the Waldorf treats diamonds much better than the Trafalgar.
Yeah ive never encountered the mouse too and I've spent quite some time there lately.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:30 am

Thank you all for your responses. I really love the location of the Waldorf, so we are going to stay with it. The executive lounge is a huge perk for us, as there are 4 of us. The hotel was great with communication and e-mailed back quickly with room options for the 4 of us. Plus I booked so long ago I don't think I can beat the rate!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:19 pm

I'm here again tomorrow night guys, booked queen guest room, so far and preupgraded to deluxe, went to do OLCI and cannot get on Hiltons website?.......will do usual live report!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:06 am

I'm here again tomorrow night guys, booked queen guest room, so far and preupgraded to deluxe, went to do OLCI and cannot get on Hiltons website?.......will do usual live report!
Arrived just after 2pm, checked in via lounge and upgraded further to a king executive room on 3rd floor, new lounge manager very helpful and this was all before official check in time.
Room huge, biggest room I've had here, walk in wardrobe, huge bed and bath big but bathroom small ( single sink ), plenty of toiletries, robes and slippers.
Only downside is a slight hum from air con generator outside on roof and it's next to a service cupboard so fingers crossed.
Now in lounge for afternoon tea, it's one third full, pleasant atmosphere

FOOD - scones ( raisin and plain ) fruit slices and what looked like banana bread?........ sandwiches are ham and mustard- cream cheese and cucumber- egg and mayo.
Will report back after swim and sauna.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:01 am

Arrived just after 2pm, checked in via lounge and upgraded further to a king executive room on 3rd floor, new lounge manager very helpful and this was all before official check in time.
Room huge, biggest room I've had here, walk in wardrobe, huge bed and bath big but bathroom small ( single sink ), plenty of toiletries, robes and slippers.
Only downside is a slight hum from air con generator outside on roof and it's next to a service cupboard so fingers crossed.
Now in lounge for afternoon tea, it's one third full, pleasant atmosphere

FOOD - scones ( raisin and plain ) fruit slices and what looked like banana bread?........ sandwiches are ham and mustard- cream cheese and cucumber- egg and mayo.
Will report back after swim and sauna.
Sauna is working again!, fairly quiet......now in lounge it's 5-55pm, a handful of people in here, except the screaming child opposite it's nice......will report back when canapés and drinks arrive.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:39 am

Sauna is working again!, fairly quiet......now in lounge it's 5-55pm, a handful of people in here, except the screaming child opposite it's nice......will report back when canapés and drinks arrive.
CANAPÉS - chorizo sausages on sticks, same veggie fried donut things as last trip report ( yuk ) , some chopped salads and ok cheeseboard.

BEERS - becks

SPIRITS - same as last report.

WINE - same as last report.

It's now very busy it's good advice to get here before the 6pm happy hour, there are a couple of seats by the computers but that's it.......as I said last trip it's like a conveyor belt of folk comming and going.......I like it......staff efficient too, nothing run out and tables constantly cleared.....canapés disappointing like last trip but I guess it's down to taste....will report back later!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:32 am

CANAPÉS - chorizo sausages on sticks, same veggie fried donut things as last trip report ( yuk ) , some chopped salads and ok cheeseboard.

BEERS - becks

SPIRITS - same as last report.

WINE - same as last report.

It's now very busy it's good advice to get here before the 6pm happy hour, there are a couple of seats by the computers but that's it.......as I said last trip it's like a conveyor belt of folk comming and going.......I like it......staff efficient too, nothing run out and tables constantly cleared.....canapés disappointing like last trip but I guess it's down to taste....will report back later!
.........lounge went quiet around 8pm, we left and went to Leicester Square for cocktails and returned around 11pm.
A couple of issues with rooms on the lift side of the building is there is a constant hum from the air con generator outside , it's particularly loud in rooms ending 04, 104, 204 , 304 etc.......I will avoid these rooms in future, also the air con is not very effective too.
Now off to use gym, no sauna today as we have a spa afternoon planned at Hilton St. George's park today.
Will report back after breakfast!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:12 am

.........lounge went quiet around 8pm, we left and went to Leicester Square for cocktails and returned around 11pm.
A couple of issues with rooms on the lift side of the building is there is a constant hum from the air con generator outside , it's particularly loud in rooms ending 04, 104, 204 , 304 etc.......I will avoid these rooms in future, also the air con is not very effective too.
Now off to use gym, no sauna today as we have a spa afternoon planned at Hilton St. George's park today.
Will report back after breakfast!
Gym opens at 8am Saturday mornings, it's huge and plenty of free weights , runners etc......had a run .....feel great!.
Breakfast was nice too, restaurant was fairly quiet, great service .....no complaints.
Finished with coffee in lounge, again very quiet but quite amusing to see some guy sitting eating his cereal in his pajamas , yup bare feet no robe , just his night clothes........bazaar!.
Will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Apr 8, 2017 at 3:13 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Finished with coffee in lounge, again very quiet but quite amusing to see some guy sitting eating his cereal in his pajamas , yup bare feet no robe , just his night clothes........bazaar!.
Will report back!
Isn't there a minimum dress code? I know there are a lot of people that think they can dress like they are at their own home so they can dress slovenly, belch, and scratch themselves. "It's all about me!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.