Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by navelfluff
Thanks. Definitely the same hotel. It'll be interesting to stay there at some point and compare old with new.
I stayed there back in the mid nineties, I thought it was great but these were the days when I had limited funds and was used to sleeping in cheap bed and breakfasts, apparently is very nice nowadays and TA reports are very positive.

Last edited by wizla; May 1, 2017 at 11:38 am Reason: Wrong wording
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Have any diamonds had any luck being able to take breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge recently? I have a stays coming up here friday
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Have any diamonds had any luck being able to take breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge recently? I have a stays coming up here friday
I did exactly that at the end of April. I was invited specifically to do that at check in.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:34 pm

Yes restaurant no problem ( unless it's changed in the last month) , go for full breakfast in restaurant BUT Finish with coffee in lounge , the coffee in lounge is far superior !
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes restaurant no problem ( unless it's changed in the last month) , go for full breakfast in restaurant BUT Finish with coffee in lounge , the coffee in lounge is far superior !

Thanks! I love the coffee mixed with bailey's at happy hour

My flight is at 10:45 Monday so may not have enough time for breakfast at the Hotel Monday (I want to get to the airport a little early to check out the virgin clubhouse that I heard is amazing) but will check the restaurant out over the weekend.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My flight is at 10:45 Monday so may not have enough time for breakfast at the Hotel Monday (I want to get to the airport a little early to check out the virgin clubhouse that I heard is amazing) but will check the restaurant out over the weekend.
Virgin Clubhouse every time. Amazing place. Great breakfast.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:33 am

[QUOTE=jamesteroh;28493861]Thanks! I love the coffee mixed with bailey's at happy hour

ha, yeah I remember when mandc2000 suggested coffee and baileys at Hilton Canary Wharf a few years back.....I thought it was ok but my lady loves it!.....has it every time now at the end of happy hour.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just completed a stay here.

Was a little disappointed with check in. Arrived at 2:30 and room wasn't ready yet but was invited to wait in lounge. At 3:10 room still wasn't ready and I wanted to go to Harrod's so had the bell desk hold my bags and was promised they would be delivered to my room. Fortunately I showered at the airport or I wouldn't have been happy.

Come back and room is finally ready and the front desk gave me a voucher good for two drinks at the bar. Arrive at my room and the bags hadn't been delivered and had to go back and get them.

Breakfast was allowed to be taken in the lounge. The manager said diamonds are their most valued guests and I was welcome to anything on the menu. The first morning I did the full buffet and second morning ordered a Belgium waffle with fruit that was great and was told to help my self to anything on the buffet as well. Waffle was actually dressed with a couple flower buds on top. One weird thing was I asked for a Diet Coke the one morning and was told that since it wasn't on the menu there would be a charge so I just skipped it and went to the lounge for one after.

Only complaint with the room was the shower. Love the rainfall shower but the tub is very difficult to get in and out of and to enjoy the full spray you get some water on the floor. They need walk in showers with doors.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
finally booked myself a night here. I'm a diamond so fingers crossed for a nice upgrade! does the lounge offer afternoon tea at weekends?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sarahluv
finally booked myself a night here. I'm a diamond so fingers crossed for a nice upgrade! does the lounge offer afternoon tea at weekends?
Each the lounge has tea and happy hour in weekends. I'd recommend taking breakfast in the restaurant though. Very nice buffet and diamonds can order anything they want off the a la carte menu for free. The waffles is amazing. Comes out with whipped cream in too and a couple flower pedals in top for garnish
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
This is definitely my favourite London Hilton, always great service I've had here...... one thing I would echo from advice on here is get to the lounge early for happy hour, I always arrive @ 5-50pm because many times it's full by 6-15, not always but often is.
If you are not preupgraded ( they usually do ) check in via the lounge, they seem to have more scope for upgrades, in fact I nearly always do this as the reception desks are often busy.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
This is definitely my favourite London Hilton, always great service I've had here...... one thing I would echo from advice on here is get to the lounge early for happy hour, I always arrive @ 5-50pm because many times it's full by 6-15, not always but often is.
If you are not preupgraded ( they usually do ) check in via the lounge, they seem to have more scope for upgrades, in fact I nearly always do this as the reception desks are often busy.
ooo! top tip! your reviews of the waldorf encourage me to take the plunge!
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
So to do this, do you just bypass the front desk, take the elevator up to the lounge level? I've only stayed here twice, both as a Diamond, and never been offered the option to check-in at the EL, unlike almost all Asian Hilton/Conrad properties I visit.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
So to do this, do you just bypass the front desk, take the elevator up to the lounge level? I've only stayed here twice, both as a Diamond, and never been offered the option to check-in at the EL, unlike almost all Asian Hilton/Conrad properties I visit.
Yep, walk past front desk , elevator on left, stairs second left, I always take the stairs as it is only one flight and quickest even with luggage it's easy.
Executive lounge is right in front of you opposite stairs, its key card entry but the dragons desk is literally the other side of the see through door, smile and wave and they let you in, check in , grab a coffee.....happy days!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 19, 2017 at 9:48 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Yep, walk past front desk , elevator on left, stairs second left, I always take the stairs as it is only one flight and quickest even with luggage it's easy.
Executive lounge is right in front of you opposite stairs, its key card entry but the dragons desk is literally the other side of the see through door, smile and wave and they let you in, check in , grab a coffee.....happy days!
Awesome. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.