Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:22 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeef
I've seen some conflicting information on whether kids are allowed in the Executive Lounge. We have a pair of ten-year olds. I don't care if they're only allowed to come in, get some food and go somewhere else, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't even allowed to set foot in the lounge.

Thanks,
Mike
No issues taking kids in. Seen a few in there this weekend.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Chang11
Part of the charm of the executive lounge is the ambience created by the panoramic skyline views of Bangkok. Slightly overstated but the windowless temporary lounge has all the charm of a padded cell. I have a stay in a little over a week and have not been notified of the lounge change and have noncancelable reservation. I feel that the Conrad should allow us to cancel our reservations due to this event or serve champagne in our little padded cell, I mean lounge.
We decided to bale. Cut short our (flexible booking) stay & are moving to Millennium Hilton. We just don't like the dark, miserable spaces for drinks & breakfast. Even the main breakfast cafe on 2nd floor is a cramped dull space & rammed full. No thanks, we're out!
Hello bright, airy Hilton!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:47 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
My last stay was at the Hilton Sukhumvit after 3 previous stays at the Conrad. Was upgraded to a large suite and really liked the property and location. Will stay there again on my next trip.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by NoY
We decided to bale. Cut short our (flexible booking) stay & are moving to Millennium Hilton. We just don't like the dark, miserable spaces for drinks & breakfast. Even the main breakfast cafe on 2nd floor is a cramped dull space & rammed full. No thanks, we're out!
Hello bright, airy Hilton!
@NoY: I would really like your view on the Mil. Hilton - if they've upped their game. I have yet to still decide on which property to stay at in a couple of weeks as all properties seems to have their good and bad. I am considering the Mil.Hilton or the DT (will be my first). Although I am much more familiar with the Mil.Hilton and now with IconSiam next to it, still leaning towards it although I had some really unmemorable service the last time - but willing to factor in that it was Songkran period.

Cheers!
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:31 am
NoY

Originally Posted by nldogbert
@NoY: I would really like your view on the Mil. Hilton - if they've upped their game. I have yet to still decide on which property to stay at in a couple of weeks as all properties seems to have their good and bad. I am considering the Mil.Hilton or the DT (will be my first). Although I am much more familiar with the Mil.Hilton and now with IconSiam next to it, still leaning towards it although I had some really unmemorable service the last time - but willing to factor in that it was Songkran period.

Cheers!
You are quite right, each have their good & bad. I have stayed at every Hilton in BKK except WA (& that will come).
The service, even for Diamonds, at M. Hilton doesn't really shine, but they do everything they need to. For me & Mrs NoY, it's the combination of the location, the 31st floor, window-filled Executive Lounge, the efficient Executive team, the re-modelled rooms & the ease of getting an upgraded very nice re-modelled Suite for a modest supplement. You are unlikely to get a Suite unless you book & pay for an Executive Room & then get upgraded.
Add to the above that you have Icon Siam mega mall next door, some great local eateries on your doorstep & easy access to the BTS, plus the buzz of the river & it works FOR US - not everyone, so YMMV
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by NoY; Aug 12, 2019 at 8:10 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
will gold upgrade be affected with the current renovations that is in progress?
booked a Premium room hoping for an upgrade to Executive room
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by teo1991
will gold upgrade be affected with the current renovations that is in progress?
booked a Premium room hoping for an upgrade to Executive room
I doubt moving the lounge for renovations would have any affect on Gold upgrades (Conrad has always been consistent in this regard), booking a Premium room you should have no problem getting upgraded to a room with Executive Lounge benefits.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
I was there with my 11 year old daughter in May - she was allowed in. Without question for a 5 day stay - we were on average in the lounge 2-3x a day.
There was a couple of times they asked us to go to the 'other side' of the lounge, but she was for sure allowed in to get food, and i believe we were only asked to go to the other side of the hall during the periods where drinks were out. Breakfast was never an issue. They were often over-the top looking after her.
Originally Posted by NoY
No issues taking kids in. Seen a few in there this weekend.
Great, thank you both!

Mike
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I doubt moving the lounge for renovations would have any affect on Gold upgrades (Conrad has always been consistent in this regard), booking a Premium room you should have no problem getting upgraded to a room with Executive Lounge benefits.
Few weeks ago I asked the same question and here was the hotel reply:

If you book Premium Room the room upgrade will be Executive Room (renovated) which will be subject to the availability.

I have booked premium room in my next trip and will know the result very soon.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Be aware that if you are going to stay at the Conrad Bangkok while the current renovations are underway there is a lot of noise. The website states: "The hotel is currently upgrading guestrooms until September 2019 in selected non-guest accessible areas with minimal disruption." Huh! On the 25th floor we have the noise of jackhammers going above us I'm told on the 29th floor They operate from 10.00 to 18.00 hours.. There is no date they can give me when it will end. We have been out a lot and have not been too badly affected but it is best that others are aware.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Be aware that if you are going to stay at the Conrad Bangkok while the current renovations are underway there is a lot of noise. The website states: "The hotel is currently upgrading guestrooms until September 2019 in selected non-guest accessible areas with minimal disruption." Huh! On the 25th floor we have the noise of jackhammers going above us I'm told on the 29th floor They operate from 10.00 to 18.00 hours.. There is no date they can give me when it will end. We have been out a lot and have not been too badly affected but it is best that others are aware.
There are a few complaints on Tripadvisor and there seems to be some resolution being offered as per management reply
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Having a recent stay the temporary Executive Lounge used for the evening reception is warren of windowless dimly lit hallways and rooms. The food selection is an abbreviated version of the lounge offerings, the variety and selection is not there. The Conrad is really being cheap by not trying to jazz things up by perhaps offering Champagne during the construction lounge usage or some other food/beverage upgrade. I feel the current lounge is very poor compensation for people that made reservations expecting the ambience and selection of the old lounge. If the Executive Lounge ambience/selection is important to you, then I would not stay at the Conrad during this construction phase. There are plenty of similar hotels in Bangkok with better Executive Lounge experience.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How long will the renovations last?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:50 pm
NoY

I asked the Management how long the renovation of the Exec Lounge would last & I was, rather vaguely, told "a few months.." I too would avoid the hotel (if the lounge is important to you) until this work is complete. In fact, I did exactly this & checked out
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:07 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
I asked the Management how long the renovation of the Exec Lounge would last & I was, rather vaguely, told "a few months.." I too would avoid the hotel (if the lounge is important to you) until this work is complete. In fact, I did exactly this & checked out
The Conrad had been my place to stay in Bangkok. I stayed at the Hilton Sukhumvit on my last trip. Was given a very nice suite upgrade, found the breakfast to be fantastic and the lounge very usable. They went out of their way to call me by name as well. May even stay there again in the future, I liked the area.
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.