Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
there seems to be price differences for 1 pax(4284) and 2 pax (4464). Does the Honors 2nd person stay free benefit works here?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by teo1991
there seems to be price differences for 1 pax(4284) and 2 pax (4464). Does the Honors 2nd person stay free benefit works here?
Yep of course it works, are you looking at a rate that includes breakfast or some other incidentals? In any event just book the one person rate if it is cheaper.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by teo1991
The 2nd Guest Stays Free benefit works everywhere, so also at the Conrad Bangkok
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep of course it works, are you looking at a rate that includes breakfast or some other incidentals? In any event just book the one person rate if it is cheaper.
nope just a room only rate as I would get breakfast as Honors benefit

guess it won’t works for 3 pax haha
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:42 pm

How's the corner room compared to the base King room?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Schweden
How's the corner room compared to the base King room?
It's just slightly bigger, situated in the corners of the building (obviously). A different layout, the corner rooms have the sitting area with chairs/table in front of the bed, while in the normal rooms its to the side of the bed. The bathrooms in the corner rooms are also laid out differently, they face the exterior of the bldg and have windows.

Personal preference, but I like the standard rooms better than the corner. There really isn't that much difference (it's not like you're getting a junior suite, or anything like that).

The Hilton website and app have decent pics of both rooms where you can get an idea of the layout, and you can also pull up the hotel floorplan on the app and see exactly where the corners would be in relation to the standard rooms.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, KF Elite Gold, GHA Black
Will suite rooms be upgraded as well?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by webbyboy
Will suite rooms be upgraded as well?

They are not at the moment. Generally, I book a deluxe king. Upgrade will be Premium King - new room, or Grand Premium King (corner new room) - I do prefer the corner room, more light and for me, it is quieter.
Sometimes suite, normally a deluxe suite, have had the terrace suite couple of times.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:02 am

Another great stay. 2 nights. Upgrade from deluxe room to Conrad suite. On 30th floor which is refurbished floor but none of the suites have been refurbished. Lounge excellent as always and quiet. I learned the evening food is on a 12 cycle so long term guests don’t get bored.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Another great stay. 2 nights. Upgrade from deluxe room to Conrad suite. On 30th floor which is refurbished floor but none of the suites have been refurbished. Lounge excellent as always and quiet. I learned the evening food is on a 12 cycle so long term guests don’t get bored.
Thanks for sharing the tidbit about the rotating EL offerings. I guess I'll have to have a 13 night stay to validate this claim by the staff .

I am curious why the suites would have not been refurbished while they worked on the updates on a floor by floor basis??
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:00 am

Well I was just informed suites will be done next year, not sure why, or the logic in that, but we will see
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:27 pm

I recently spent 1 night here, on the same trip where I also spent a night each at Marriott Surawongse, Marriott Marquis and JW Marriott. I had never stayed at Marriott's BKK properties before, but I was surprised to discover how underwhelming Conrad's lounge offerings compared to those 3 hotels. Conrad BKK didn't upgrade me to a Suite, but I did get a suite at all 3 Marriotts.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Well I was just informed suites will be done next year, not sure why, or the logic in that, but we will see
Maybe they will correct the pretty poor layout in the regular suites/terrace suites? It is very badly used space and likely to need more fundamental work compared to a regular refurb.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I recently spent 1 night here, on the same trip where I also spent a night each at Marriott Surawongse, Marriott Marquis and JW Marriott. I had never stayed at Marriott's BKK properties before, but I was surprised to discover how underwhelming Conrad's lounge offerings compared to those 3 hotels. Conrad BKK didn't upgrade me to a Suite, but I did get a suite at all 3 Marriotts.

That’s interesting. What makes you say Marriott lounges were better? I always find Conrad one of the best, plenty of evenings options and drinks. Food rotating on 12 cycle so many changes. 4-5 hot times and soup. Salads and cheeses and desserts and fruit. Breakfast plenty again and chef on hand. Day time hot and cold drinks and snacks. Not sure how you can beat that . Which Marriott would you say was best?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:50 am

That's what I thought until I stayed at Marriott hotels. JW has definitely better offerings - in addition to hot dishes, they also have attendants pass around small sized offerings throughout the evening. JW and Conrad would be on the same level, but even Marriott Surawongse and Marquis Queen's Park (which ought to be compared to Hilton), have better offerings than Conrad and definitely miles ahead of Hilton BKK. Can't comment on the alcohol selections.

That’s interesting. What makes you say Marriott lounges were better? I always find Conrad one of the best, plenty of evenings options and drinks. Food rotating on 12 cycle so many changes. 4-5 hot times and soup. Salads and cheeses and desserts and fruit. Breakfast plenty again and chef on hand. Day time hot and cold drinks and snacks. Not sure how you can beat that . Which Marriott would you say was best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.