Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Old Feb 12, 04, 1:50 pm
  #1  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,775
Arrow Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Bangkok

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 18 at 9:02 pm
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 10, 17, 4:19 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
Posts: 178
No lounge acess last when I stayed there last week as goldd.
kapitan is offline  
Old Jan 10, 17, 4:24 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 6,387
Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
Except the Individual hotels, ie Conrads, Hilton's etc did not sign up to provide lounge access and free b/f to the 1000's who free status-matched to HHD expiring 2018 between Oct2015-Apr2016 despite only having a CC status with another chain and then not even the top status
This is a real ball ache at the moment. HH Diamond has previously been quite well protected, and not offered for matches, etc. (unlike Gold which was basically available free to anyone who smiled and asked).

I've seen a real drop in service in some Middle Eastern properties as suddenly every guest is Diamond.

Staying at the BKK Conrad this Fri and Sat, so will see if much has changed. I was very impressed with their recognition last time (both as a 'frequent' guest and a Diamond).
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 17, 6:48 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Metal tube with wings
Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Posts: 408
I am both a frequent guest (last stay around 2 weeks ago) and Diamond at Conrad BKK, and the perks are slowly getting worse. No recognition, no upgrades, no care.
Luckily I have status with Hyatt, because I'll be moving my stays to the new Park Hyatt.
oh_lol is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 12:03 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 6,387
Does anyone know if a NOR1 generally offers better value than upgrading that the property? Terrace suite being offered for 3500THB a night on NOR1 currently.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 4:13 am
  #6  
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phuket Thailand
Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Posts: 862
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Does anyone know if a NOR1 generally offers better value than upgrading that the property? Terrace suite being offered for 3500THB a night on NOR1 currently.

hi Wozza2404

I went for the Nor1 to Terrace Suite, wife is photographer and likes the outsdie space

Upgrades can be mixed. I have had suite before and also corner room, which is nice and good size, but for the price I felt terrace Suite was good option
gav0106 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 5:04 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: HH Gold
Posts: 1
One night stay 24-25.12 as Gold. No upgrade BUT lounge access. No option for late check-out but because i had a flight around 8:30 p.m. was told that i can stay in the lounge as long as i wish.
Moppuskaft is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 5:20 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London
Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Posts: 152
I have a visit coming up at the end of the month I am now feeling apprehensive about. I used to stay here as a diamond every couple of weeks and (almost) always received excellent service, frequently with great suite upgrades and also being recognised by many members of staff, which I always feel is a nice, genuine touch. However I haven't been back since the massive dilution of paper HHD's, and it sounds like they've hit this place hard, so it will be interesting to see how things compare now. I have certainly tempered my expectations downward.

If things really go south, are any of the Hilton's worth a shoot? I did always like the sound of that tall one by the river.
Matthew_22 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 5:51 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 17,151
Originally Posted by Matthew_22 View Post
I have a visit coming up at the end of the month I am now feeling apprehensive about. I used to stay here as a diamond every couple of weeks and (almost) always received excellent service, frequently with great suite upgrades and also being recognised by many members of staff, which I always feel is a nice, genuine touch. However I haven't been back since the massive dilution of paper HHD's, and it sounds like they've hit this place hard, so it will be interesting to see how things compare now. I have certainly tempered my expectations downward.

If things really go south, are any of the Hilton's worth a shoot? I did always like the sound of that tall one by the river.
You're in a market (Bangkok) where inexpensive "5 stars" abound. Quotes used because Mandarin Oriental and similar aren't going to be inexpensive, but 5 star business hotels comparable to Conrad for $100-200 USD? Nooooo problem.

Case in point, I did a trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Vie Hotel MGallery, spent for a suite upgrade, net cost to me per night was $125, included buffet breakfast, right on the BTS, easy connection to the ARL.

I'd treat it as an opportunity to be outside the box of loyalty.

Millennium Hilton is nice enough and very convenient for tourist trips up and down the river, but why limit yourself? Also, you'd expect paper HHDs to hit all the Bangkok Hiltons, no?
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 6:20 pm
  #10  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Posts: 1,471
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
You're in a market (Bangkok) where inexpensive "5 stars" abound. Quotes used because Mandarin Oriental and similar aren't going to be inexpensive, but 5 star business hotels comparable to Conrad for $100-200 USD? Nooooo problem.

Case in point, I did a trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Vie Hotel MGallery, spent for a suite upgrade, net cost to me per night was $125, included buffet breakfast, right on the BTS, easy connection to the ARL.

I'd treat it as an opportunity to be outside the box of loyalty.

Millennium Hilton is nice enough and very convenient for tourist trips up and down the river, but why limit yourself? Also, you'd expect paper HHDs to hit all the Bangkok Hiltons, no?
Thanks eponymous_coward for your insights, in regards to Hilton hotels in Bangkok, maybe staying first a few nights at the Millennium Hilton for the river, after this a few nights at the Conrad to experience a very different part of the city and style of hotel.

Different locations, Hilton loyalty and benefits without limiting oneself to a certain point/location in the city.

Cheers & Safe Travels.
uggboy is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 6:54 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Singapore and KL
Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Does anyone know if a NOR1 generally offers better value than upgrading that the property? Terrace suite being offered for 3500THB a night on NOR1 currently.
There's no hurry. I'd wait, and have a look the night before. If you've been pre upgraded, the nor1 price is sometimes reduced.
templar42 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 4:01 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 6,387
Pre upgraded to a King Exec Corner. Nor1 has gone up 400thb so I'll ask at check in.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 12:20 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Leicester, England
Posts: 17
We had a 2 night stay here last week 5-7 Jan.

There was no Diamond welcome, no upgrade and no lounge check in.
We asked for a late check out and got a flat no.

We've had 4 stays/8 nights a year here for the last 5 years and have always been treated well, something has definitely changed.
mking is offline  
Old Jan 14, 17, 10:38 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 59
i only got upgraded to a corner room... no lounge access... but 4pm checkout without a fuss

Originally Posted by Moppuskaft View Post
One night stay 24-25.12 as Gold. No upgrade BUT lounge access. No option for late check-out but because i had a flight around 8:30 p.m. was told that i can stay in the lounge as long as i wish.
racerxpa2000 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 17, 6:10 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Posts: 350
Corner Room is a very good upgrade, I would be extremely happy with that upgrade if I booked a basic room.
Chang11 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread