Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
That's what I thought until I stayed at Marriott hotels. JW has definitely better offerings - in addition to hot dishes, they also have attendants pass around small sized offerings throughout the evening. JW and Conrad would be on the same level, but even Marriott Surawongse and Marquis Queen's Park (which ought to be compared to Hilton), have better offerings than Conrad and definitely miles ahead of Hilton BKK. Can't comment on the alcohol selections.
From your post the only difference is servers bringing "small sized offerings" to your table. For me this is a negative I don't want to be intruded on for some dish I may not want. I'm very interested in hearing what the differences are between the Marriott's and the Conrad. Can you please describe in detail what you feel makes the Marriotts "have better offerings than Conrad".

Then you say "Can't comment on the alcohol selections." For me this is a major aspect of the lounge experience. So if you could say any of the Marriott's served real Champagne (Champagne alone would gain top marks) or some nice French wines.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm sure this may have been answered in the 400+ posts above, but can a Diamond staying in a Conrad Residences unit use the lounge in the main hotel? Thinking of booking a 2-bedroom suite for our family...paid rates for it are oddly reasonable.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm sure this may have been answered in the 400+ posts above, but can a Diamond staying in a Conrad Residences unit use the lounge in the main hotel? Thinking of booking a 2-bedroom suite for our family...paid rates for it are oddly reasonable.
No afraid not. Maybe book joining rooms in main hotels. Some good rates available at moment.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Executive Lounge renovations begin today, August 4, 2019. According to a letter delivered under my door, during renovations, breakfast to those entitled to lounge access will be available in the third floor Kisara Restaurant from 06:00 to 10:30 M-F and 06:00 to 11:00 Weekends. Afternoon tea will be in the temporary executive lounge on the third floor from 14:30 to 16:30. (It's not clear from the note whether Kisara will be serving as the temporary lounge, but I would be surprised if it is). And evening canapes will be in the temporary lounge on the third floor from 17:30 to 19:30. The temporary lounge will serve coffee, tea, juices, soft drinks, cookies and fruit in the temporary executive lounge from 11:30 to 23:00. There letter did not indicate when the 29th Floor Lounge will reopen and I didn't have a chance to make further inquiries before my flight this morning.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Unfortunately not. Have look here.

But: Bangkok is a paradies for food and a safe city. For a family a suitable room is much more worth than a lounge access.
Dad to Rei and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Executive Lounge renovations begin today, August 4, 2019. According to a letter delivered under my door, during renovations, breakfast to those entitled to lounge access will be available in the third floor Kisara Restaurant from 06:00 to 10:30 M-F and 06:00 to 11:00 Weekends. Afternoon tea will be in the temporary executive lounge on the third floor from 14:30 to 16:30. (It's not clear from the note whether Kisara will be serving as the temporary lounge, but I would be surprised if it is). And evening canapes will be in the temporary lounge on the third floor from 17:30 to 19:30. The temporary lounge will serve coffee, tea, juices, soft drinks, cookies and fruit in the temporary executive lounge from 11:30 to 23:00. There letter did not indicate when the 29th Floor Lounge will reopen and I didn't have a chance to make further inquiries before my flight this morning.
Interesting. Probably due a refurb (inline with ongoing room refurbs) - I am due to checkin this week (against my better judgement, but MrsNOY insists ) & will report back, although I assume it will be business as usual...
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just received this - doesn't sound great if Exec Lounge is now going to be in a function room.....

Warm Greetings from Conrad Bangkok!

We are delighted to see that you will be staying with us from XXth August to XXth August 2019.
Conrad Bangkok is performing maintenance in selected areas of the hotel and with minimal disruption to offer improved facilities.

Due to this plan, the location of Executive Lounge relocated to Willow rooms on 3rd floor starting from 4th of August 2019. Please see attached a welcome letter of Executive Lounge for more information.

In anticipation of your arrival, we would be delighted to offer you our assistance to make your stay in Bangkok a memorable and in order to ensure a smooth arrival process, we would suggest you book a limousine airport transfer which we can arrange for you.

We attached herewith the price list for your information. If you wish us to make a booking for you, kindly revert with the car model that you prefer. However, if you arrive the hotel with your own vehicle - during this time we recommend you to use our valet parking service where is available at the hotel entrance.

In addition, when you stay with Conrad Bangkok, please enjoy complimentary access to thousands of newspapers and magazines by connecting to our Wi-Fi network and downloadingPress Reader application through attached QR code.

Furthermore please reply to this email directly if we may assist with any further preparations to ensure your comfort during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us[email protected]

We are looking forward to welcoming you and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:56 pm

Maybe the Conrad could serve some Champagne to take the edge off of the temporary lounge.
NoY, hugolover, teemuflyer and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Looking forward to a review/ some pictures of the new EL setup.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:22 pm
NoY

I just did a pre-visit (I arrive tomorrow) as I was concerned (still am a little ).

Basically Executive Lounge breakfast is served in the Japanese restaurant KiSara.

Everything else is being served in the Willow event/conference rooms. The old Executive Lounge furniture etc has been moved into this space. It's basically a small number of connected rooms - quite pleasant but absolutely NO windows/natural light. That's not great to be honest. I have asked for alternative options - such as a couple of rounds of drinks in lieu of lounge access - but this request was declined.

I took a few quick snaps on my phone - I'll try to upload them (apologies for the quality!)

KiSara

KiSara

KiSara

Willow

Willow

Willow

Willow

Willow - perhaps the nicest space in the Willow setup

I'll give more feedback tomorrow after arrival.
JJeffrey, Ripper3785 and Chang11 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:30 pm

Part of the charm of the executive lounge is the ambience created by the panoramic skyline views of Bangkok. Slightly overstated but the windowless temporary lounge has all the charm of a padded cell. I have a stay in a little over a week and have not been notified of the lounge change and have noncancelable reservation. I feel that the Conrad should allow us to cancel our reservations due to this event or serve champagne in our little padded cell, I mean lounge.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I just did a pre-visit (I arrive tomorrow) as I was concerned (still am a little ).

Basically Executive Lounge breakfast is served in the Japanese restaurant KiSara.

Everything else is being served in the Willow event/conference rooms. The old Executive Lounge furniture etc has been moved into this space. It's basically a small number of connected rooms - quite pleasant but absolutely NO windows/natural light. That's not great to be honest. I have asked for alternative options - such as a couple of rounds of drinks in lieu of lounge access - but this request was declined.

I took a few quick snaps on my phone - I'll try to upload them (apologies for the quality!)

KiSara

KiSara

KiSara

Willow

Willow

Willow

Willow

Willow - perhaps the nicest space in the Willow setup

I'll give more feedback tomorrow after arrival.
Thanks for the photos. Ambiance looks good.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:28 pm
NoY

Evening cocktails last night were ok - canapés nothing special - felt like a conference room buffet, probably because thats what it has become, sadly.
Breakfast today at KiSara was adequate - the service was somewhat off & the bakery, in particular, was very disappointing. Will try the main restaurant brekkie tomorrow & hoping for something better.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I've seen some conflicting information on whether kids are allowed in the Executive Lounge. We have a pair of ten-year olds. I don't care if they're only allowed to come in, get some food and go somewhere else, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't even allowed to set foot in the lounge.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mikeef
I've seen some conflicting information on whether kids are allowed in the Executive Lounge. We have a pair of ten-year olds. I don't care if they're only allowed to come in, get some food and go somewhere else, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't even allowed to set foot in the lounge.

Thanks,
Mike
I was there with my 11 year old daughter in May - she was allowed in. Without question for a 5 day stay - we were on average in the lounge 2-3x a day.
There was a couple of times they asked us to go to the 'other side' of the lounge, but she was for sure allowed in to get food, and i believe we were only asked to go to the other side of the hall during the periods where drinks were out. Breakfast was never an issue. They were often over-the top looking after her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.