FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Bangkok {THA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/486794-conrad-bangkok-tha.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Bangkok

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

kapitan Jan 10, 2017 4:19 am

No lounge acess last when I stayed there last week as goldd.

Wozza2404 Jan 10, 2017 4:24 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 27675338)
Except the Individual hotels, ie Conrads, Hilton's etc did not sign up to provide lounge access and free b/f to the 1000's who free status-matched to HHD expiring 2018 between Oct2015-Apr2016 despite only having a CC status with another chain and then not even the top status

This is a real ball ache at the moment. HH Diamond has previously been quite well protected, and not offered for matches, etc. (unlike Gold which was basically available free to anyone who smiled and asked).

I've seen a real drop in service in some Middle Eastern properties as suddenly every guest is Diamond.

Staying at the BKK Conrad this Fri and Sat, so will see if much has changed. I was very impressed with their recognition last time (both as a 'frequent' guest and a Diamond).

oh_lol Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I am both a frequent guest (last stay around 2 weeks ago) and Diamond at Conrad BKK, and the perks are slowly getting worse. No recognition, no upgrades, no care.
Luckily I have status with Hyatt, because I'll be moving my stays to the new Park Hyatt.

Wozza2404 Jan 11, 2017 12:03 am

Does anyone know if a NOR1 generally offers better value than upgrading that the property? Terrace suite being offered for 3500THB a night on NOR1 currently.

gav0106 Jan 11, 2017 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 27741538)
Does anyone know if a NOR1 generally offers better value than upgrading that the property? Terrace suite being offered for 3500THB a night on NOR1 currently.

hi Wozza2404

I went for the Nor1 to Terrace Suite, wife is photographer and likes the outsdie space

Upgrades can be mixed. I have had suite before and also corner room, which is nice and good size, but for the price I felt terrace Suite was good option

Moppuskaft Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

One night stay 24-25.12 as Gold. No upgrade BUT lounge access. No option for late check-out but because i had a flight around 8:30 p.m. was told that i can stay in the lounge as long as i wish.

Matthew_22 Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

I have a visit coming up at the end of the month I am now feeling apprehensive about. I used to stay here as a diamond every couple of weeks and (almost) always received excellent service, frequently with great suite upgrades and also being recognised by many members of staff, which I always feel is a nice, genuine touch. However I haven't been back since the massive dilution of paper HHD's, and it sounds like they've hit this place hard, so it will be interesting to see how things compare now. I have certainly tempered my expectations downward.

If things really go south, are any of the Hilton's worth a shoot? I did always like the sound of that tall one by the river.

eponymous_coward Jan 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew_22 (Post 27746064)
I have a visit coming up at the end of the month I am now feeling apprehensive about. I used to stay here as a diamond every couple of weeks and (almost) always received excellent service, frequently with great suite upgrades and also being recognised by many members of staff, which I always feel is a nice, genuine touch. However I haven't been back since the massive dilution of paper HHD's, and it sounds like they've hit this place hard, so it will be interesting to see how things compare now. I have certainly tempered my expectations downward.

If things really go south, are any of the Hilton's worth a shoot? I did always like the sound of that tall one by the river.

You're in a market (Bangkok) where inexpensive "5 stars" abound. Quotes used because Mandarin Oriental and similar aren't going to be inexpensive, but 5 star business hotels comparable to Conrad for $100-200 USD? Nooooo problem.

Case in point, I did a trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Vie Hotel MGallery, spent for a suite upgrade, net cost to me per night was $125, included buffet breakfast, right on the BTS, easy connection to the ARL.

I'd treat it as an opportunity to be outside the box of loyalty.

Millennium Hilton is nice enough and very convenient for tourist trips up and down the river, but why limit yourself? Also, you'd expect paper HHDs to hit all the Bangkok Hiltons, no?

uggboy Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 27746178)
You're in a market (Bangkok) where inexpensive "5 stars" abound. Quotes used because Mandarin Oriental and similar aren't going to be inexpensive, but 5 star business hotels comparable to Conrad for $100-200 USD? Nooooo problem.

Case in point, I did a trip to Bangkok and stayed at the Vie Hotel MGallery, spent for a suite upgrade, net cost to me per night was $125, included buffet breakfast, right on the BTS, easy connection to the ARL.

I'd treat it as an opportunity to be outside the box of loyalty.

Millennium Hilton is nice enough and very convenient for tourist trips up and down the river, but why limit yourself? Also, you'd expect paper HHDs to hit all the Bangkok Hiltons, no?

Thanks eponymous_coward for your insights, in regards to Hilton hotels in Bangkok, maybe staying first a few nights at the Millennium Hilton for the river, after this a few nights at the Conrad to experience a very different part of the city and style of hotel.

Different locations, Hilton loyalty and benefits without limiting oneself to a certain point/location in the city. :)

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

templar42 Jan 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 27741538)

There's no hurry. I'd wait, and have a look the night before. If you've been pre upgraded, the nor1 price is sometimes reduced.

Wozza2404 Jan 12, 2017 4:01 am

Pre upgraded to a King Exec Corner. Nor1 has gone up 400thb so I'll ask at check in.

mking Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm

We had a 2 night stay here last week 5-7 Jan.

There was no Diamond welcome, no upgrade and no lounge check in.
We asked for a late check out and got a flat no.

We've had 4 stays/8 nights a year here for the last 5 years and have always been treated well, something has definitely changed.

racerxpa2000 Jan 14, 2017 10:38 am

i only got upgraded to a corner room... no lounge access... but 4pm checkout without a fuss

Originally Posted by Moppuskaft (Post 27746015)
One night stay 24-25.12 as Gold. No upgrade BUT lounge access. No option for late check-out but because i had a flight around 8:30 p.m. was told that i can stay in the lounge as long as i wish.

Chang11 Jan 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Corner Room is a very good upgrade, I would be extremely happy with that upgrade if I booked a basic room.