Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
[QUOTE=
I agree with the commentary about the WA now being here, it was tempting to book there instead, but two of the restaurants i wanted to try are within a stones throw of the Conrad.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, I've stayed at this property over 50 times. What two restaurants were close that you had to try?
Old May 7, 2019, 6:13 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I wouldn't be surprised if there are indeed some snowball effects of the introduction of the W/A into the Bangkok market. When the Conrad was the top dog of the Hilton Honors options, it could command somewhat of a premium, knowing that there are many within the loyalty program, willing to pay it, and redeem the benefits, rather than shop around with non-Hilton properties for a high-end stay.

Now that the W/A has replaced the Conrad as the most premium Hilton property, or at least provided another option, it has created more supply for premium property seekers amongst the loyalty program guests. It has to have some effect based on basic supply and demand laws.
Good point, it is very possible that some guests were previously choosing Conrad simply because they were Hilton loyalists and they wanted the top Hilton option in the city, and this has now changed. The question is to what extent this is having an impact. WA is so far ahead of Conrad and Conrad is not very dissimilar in terms of price level and quality to Millenium Hilton + Hilton Sukhumvit so I think any impact might be modest. Just my opinion though, honestly we'll never know.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:30 pm

Gaggan is a short walk, amazing place, closing soon so I bet that's one of the 2. Can't think what the other might be that's nearby.
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Gaggan is a short walk, amazing place, closing soon so I bet that's one of the 2. Can't think what the other might be that's nearby.
Yes, and it's actually sort of three - I was considering Gaggan to be far enough away to not count

Saneh Jaan and Savelberg are both within a 5 minute walk.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
Good point, it is very possible that some guests were previously choosing Conrad simply because they were Hilton loyalists and they wanted the top Hilton option in the city, and this has now changed. The question is to what extent this is having an impact. WA is so far ahead of Conrad and Conrad is not very dissimilar in terms of price level and quality to Millenium Hilton + Hilton Sukhumvit so I think any impact might be modest. Just my opinion though, honestly we'll never know.
Having stayed at all three (minus the W/A), I'm not sure I think the Millenium or Sukhumvit quite measure up to the Conrad in so far as luxury and quality of service overall, including things like the EL offerings etc.. The other two have their strengths, but mostly based on their locations, and what one is looking to do, IMHO. When I return to BKK, I will probably compare the then current rates between the W/A and the Conrad.

Who am I kidding, need to at least try the W/A for a night if nothing else
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Who am I kidding, need to at least try the W/A for a night if nothing else
I am disappointed that I couldn't try out the W/A (only 5 nights, so I had to pick one).
Old May 7, 2019, 6:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Having stayed at all three (minus the W/A), I'm not sure I think the Millenium or Sukhumvit quite measure up to the Conrad in so far as luxury and quality of service overall, including things like the EL offerings etc.. The other two have their strengths, but mostly based on their locations, and what one is looking to do, IMHO. When I return to BKK, I will probably compare the then current rates between the W/A and the Conrad.
I have been to all 4 and I do not disagree with you, what I mean is that the gap between Conrad and the 2 Hiltons is quite modest compared to WA which is worlds apart from Conrad. And the price reflects exactly that... maybe 1k THB difference between Conrad and Hilton, but 4k THB between WA and Conrad.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:58 am

From my point of view all top four Hilton are different enough to chose the right one.
1. WA: 5*+ luxury, leisure, international
2. Conrad: 5* luxury, business, US American
3. Hilton Sukhumvit: 5* luxury, business, Japanese
4. Hilton Millennium: 4*+ tourists, package holiday, Western/international

And if you can’t decide by that, you can chose the right one by your preferred location.

So even if I agree, that the WA is better than the Conrad, I would always prefer the Conrad or the Hilton Sukhumvit for business meetings and always prefer the WA for a leisure stay with my wife.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Another excellent stay. Upgraded to Conrad Suite. Room ready at 10:30. Lounge staff welcoming as always with my drink ready in evening. Pool staff on hand with towels and water after my run. Can’t go wrong and some days rates are dipping below 4000 again.
Only niggle is why loud people, afraid to say American insist on swearing/cursing in the lounge in the evening. We don’t all need to hear their stories! Ahhh well can’t have it all
NoY and hugolover like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by gav0106
Another excellent stay. Upgraded to Conrad Suite. Room ready at 10:30. Lounge staff welcoming as always with my drink ready in evening. Pool staff on hand with towels and water after my run. Can’t go wrong and some days rates are dipping below 4000 again.
Only niggle is why loud people, afraid to say American insist on swearing/cursing in the lounge in the evening. We don’t all need to hear their stories! Ahhh well can’t have it all
I had another pleasant stay recently. As HH D, upgraded to corner room. I noticed no orchids in room though. Just received 2 bananas as welcome amenity. Executive lounge choices were excellent. Cost for room was 3770 + taxes = 4437 THB a night.
hugolover and gav0106 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I had another pleasant stay recently. As HH D, upgraded to corner room. I noticed no orchids in room though. Just received 2 bananas as welcome amenity. Executive lounge choices were excellent. Cost for room was 3770 + taxes = 4437 THB a night.

Did You not get the rice crackers and plate of macaroons? The fruit normally in room and the extras come later
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Did You not get the rice crackers and plate of macaroons? The fruit normally in room and the extras come later
Usually I do get the rice crackers and plate of macaroons, but not on this occasion. Not a loss really, as I am not a fan of them.

I would complain if the silk elephant were missing though!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Stayed at Conrad this weekend upgraded to the patio garden suite on Mercure side. The patio garden is nice, but of very little use for me, no privacy and the heat. The suite has not been upgraded and on the smallish side, no dining area. Kind of a mix of low end room living area connected to a sleeping room. The room had no walk-in closet, just regular room closet area. No private toilet area in bathroom. Round toilet bowel with large over sized oblong toilet seat/lid that exceeded toilet boundaries by several inches (very home made appearing repair). While suite upgrade was nice, I'd prefer my previous suite upgrades.

The hotel appeared to be full of many US military personnel male/female which made a more colorful cocktail hour atmosphere. Also more than usual US Government (boondoggle) visitors. It appeared many people cuing up very early for prime seating, most seats taken at start of happy hours.

Only mention because years ago asked to conform to dress code while wearing dressy Bermuda shorts, casual button down shirt and tennis shoes. And on another occasion my lady was asked to change her high end dress open toe shoes in the executive lounge . Noticed at breakfast and at cocktail hour people with gym attire, flip flops and sandals (most appearing to be government employees) during my stay.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:11 am

Have they renovated the Exec Lounge yet or is renovation only covering guestrooms for now?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Have they renovated the Exec Lounge yet or is renovation only covering guestrooms for now?
There has been no renovation of the executive lounge that I have noticed. Do you think it needs renovation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.