Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
June? That is very optimistic IMO.

I guess there is nothing you can do than to monitor rates - and plan to stay at another property unless the rates are lowered to something acceptable to you. Hotel rates in Tokyo are in general very expensive - I'm not sure that the current situation has impacted rates yet (admittedly, I have checked rates at all).
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: AC S100k, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
I stayed there Feb 29 - March 2 and kept tracking the price and points requirement a few weeks before my stay as the coronavirus was going about. The price never really went down unfortunately. The points requirement did eventually slip down to 47000 per night.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:34 pm

I am in a similar position ... I have a stay booked for end of June (53k points per night premium reward) but even though theoretically possible I would probably not go. I am just observing the situation with the flights - it is highly probable that a segment will be cancelled at some point so I will then ask for a full refund and cancel the hotel stay as well (the rate is flexible so I can cancel up to 24h prior to arriving).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:25 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Reviving this thread. Anyone stay here during the pandemic so far? Wondering what it’s like.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Reviving this thread. Anyone stay here during the pandemic so far? Wondering what it’s like.
Stayed for 3 nights end of January. First night self quarantine, the other two nights normal stay. Moved rooms from quarantine floor to normal floor at the evening of the second day. Upgraded to Junior Suite for the last two nights. Standard buffet breakfast as always. As Diamond you were able to chose room service breakfast as an alternative. Room service breakfast compulsory during self quarantine period. Lounge open and serving alcohol. Pool also open. You need to reserve your entry to the pool beforehand due to pandemic crowd control measures. Lots of US airline staff staying at the hotel.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:15 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Stayed for 3 nights end of January. First night self quarantine, the other two nights normal stay. Moved rooms from quarantine floor to normal floor at the evening of the second day. Upgraded to Junior Suite for the last two nights. Standard buffet breakfast as always. As Diamond you were able to chose room service breakfast as an alternative. Room service breakfast compulsory during self quarantine period. Lounge open and serving alcohol. Pool also open. You need to reserve your entry to the pool beforehand due to pandemic crowd control measures. Lots of US airline staff staying at the hotel.
Self quarantine was required, or you just did so? So Marble Lounge breakfast buffet was full blast like always? Was it crowded at all?

Was the fitness center open? Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Self quarantine was required, or you just did so? So Marble Lounge breakfast buffet was full blast like always? Was it crowded at all?

Was the fitness center open? Thanks!
I came back from overseas and spent my last (ie 7th) night of the quarantine period at the hotel after staying 6 nights at a government designated facility.
Marble lounge breakfast was full blast. It was quite crowded.
Didn’t check the fitness room but I assume it is open.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:24 am
formerly wunderpit

Any recent stays by anyone in here? I am FINALLY going back in May! Are all facilities up and running? Or rather, it might be easier to list any limitations.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Any recent stays by anyone in here? I am FINALLY going back in May! Are all facilities up and running? Or rather, it might be easier to list any limitations.
The hotel is posting information on its website, the information is month to month basis. Currently, April information is posted and May information is not posted yet. For May information has to wait till the end of April.

Hilton Tokyo April 2022 Facility Information

P.S. The free shuttle bus between Hilton Tokyo and Shinjuku station is not operating currently. No information on when the hotel is planning to resume the shuttle bus operation.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent reviews?
Updates to Executive Lounge and Titanium benefits?
Has shuttle resumed?
On hotel website I can't find an update to the Facility Information link above.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:54 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent reviews?
Updates to Executive Lounge and Titanium benefits?
Has shuttle resumed?
On hotel website I can't find an update to the Facility Information link above.
I think you mean Platinum? What update on the lounge are you speaking of? Lounge was open in May and still is. You can always email the hotel and they respond within a few days with updated info. Things have been pretty normal except maybe the shuttle.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:00 pm

Probably diamond, actually. 😂
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:08 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by Cynicor
haha now the heat is really getting to me. What I get for responding in the melee of Disneyland.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Yes, Hilton Diamond, sorry.
When I stayed here several years before covid I thought there was very plentiful and varied food and beverage service for more than just 2 hours at night and throughout the day. Very nice offerings as I recall.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:12 am
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Yes, Hilton Diamond, sorry.
When I stayed here several years before covid I thought there was very plentiful and varied food and beverage service for more than just 2 hours at night and throughout the day. Very nice offerings as I recall.
Once again, I was there in May and everything felt very normal. Marble Lounge full on food, very busy. Just wear a mask and use the gloves when amongst the food. Not sure if that has changed or not. But everything was pretty normal. Email [email protected] for the specific info you need.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.