Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by steve64
Hi,

I made an AXON7N award last week for an upcoming stay in Waikiki.
The award certificate, points deducted from my acct and hotel confirmation emails all corrected reflect the 145,000 "price" (4 nites at cat 7).

But I log onto HHonors, check this reservation and the resulting webpage shows a different award code from AXON7N and a "cost" of 200,000 points (the price of a standard award).

I called the Diamond line, and she told me not to worry, the website doesn't recognize the AXON, show displays standard award prices. I told her I was worried that the hotel had rejected the award and was insisting on the full point price. She kept trying to assure me that only 145,000 points were deducted from my acct. I could not convince her that the points deducted were not my concern; I was worried that the hotel would not accept the certificate for only 145,000 points.

Can anyone confirm the Diamonds Desk's explanation ?
Steve
This is how my AXON's have shown up in the past. I would not worry.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Flyer737
This is how my AXON's have shown up in the past. I would not worry.
+1
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by steve64
Hi,

I made an AXON7N award last week for an upcoming stay in Waikiki.
The award certificate, points deducted from my acct and hotel confirmation emails all corrected reflect the 145,000 "price" (4 nites at cat 7).

But I log onto HHonors, check this reservation and the resulting webpage shows a different award code from AXON7N and a "cost" of 200,000 points (the price of a standard award).

I called the Diamond line, and she told me not to worry, the website doesn't recognize the AXON, show displays standard award prices. I told her I was worried that the hotel had rejected the award and was insisting on the full point price. She kept trying to assure me that only 145,000 points were deducted from my acct. I could not convince her that the points deducted were not my concern; I was worried that the hotel would not accept the certificate for only 145,000 points.

Can anyone confirm the Diamonds Desk's explanation ?
Steve
Steve,
Do not worry. That's just a display issue.
Just as you said,
The award certificate, points deducted from my acct and hotel confirmation emails all corrected reflect the 145,000 "price"
That's the price you pay.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Smile

Thanks everyone for the quick assurances !!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
When I called HIlton to book 8 nights stay at Conrad Maldives, they said that AXON award was not available, and used VIP award, so 8 nights cost me 300K points. Please explain me how AXON is different from VIP points stretcher awards?
Is this a hotel specific thing? Is AXON subject to different capacity controls than VIP?

I also would like to book at the Conrad Maldives.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Perhaps it's the property, perhaps it's the idea of booking two AXONs back to back? You'll just have to attempt it... I know I have spent AXONs for Conrad stays, and I believe they come out of the same capacity controls protocols as other awards.

Originally Posted by beachfan
Is this a hotel specific thing? Is AXON subject to different capacity controls than VIP?

I also would like to book at the Conrad Maldives.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm going to book an AXON7 (or is it AXON7N) for the first time when I get home tonight. It seems that only the Diamond desk knows how to do this?

I'm gold and would never want to use something I am not entitled to use. How should I go about making sure I get someone who knows what they are doing? Calling back multiple times is quite annoying...I already had to do that to get my star alliance reward tickets for the trip in the first place. Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by airb330
I'm going to book an AXON7 (or is it AXON7N) for the first time when I get home tonight. It seems that only the Diamond desk knows how to do this?

I'm gold and would never want to use something I am not entitled to use. How should I go about making sure I get someone who knows what they are doing? Calling back multiple times is quite annoying...I already had to do that to get my star alliance reward tickets for the trip in the first place. Thanks
AXON awards are open to anyone who has a HHonors Amex. You do have to call to book them though.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by airb330

First post in this thread provides a number to call for AXON awards.

If you tell the agent that you want to book award code AXON7N, they should be able to book it for you. As travelinfoo noted, you do have to call to book, can't be done online. If the agent doesn't know what to do, ask to be transferred to someone that can help you.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I am looking at a return trip to the Paris ADT. It is a cat 7 property now. We're looking at a 5 night stay.

A 5 night VIP reward at a cat 7 is 200,000 points.
An AXON7N reward for 4 nights is 145,000 points, and a 1 night stay is another 50,000 points.

I mean, I could save 5k points, but is it worth it? I guess this is one of those "only you can say" questions.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I am looking at a return trip to the Paris ADT. It is a cat 7 property now. We're looking at a 5 night stay.

An AXON7N reward for 4 nights is 145,000 points, and a 1 night stay is another 50,000 points.

I mean, I could save 5k points, but is it worth it? I guess this is one of those "only you can say" questions.
What do you mean "is it worth it"? There should be no difference in your stay whether you book it as 4-night AXON + 1 night reward stay vs 5 night GLON. Chances are high you will be allowed to stay in the same room for your entire stay with the 2 rewards strung together. I would book it with the 5000 point savings. It's only slightly more work since you have to book the AXON via HHonors but you can book additional 1 night online.

If you are asking if you should stay there, check out the Hilton ADT thread to make your decision.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:24 am

Do you like getting 5,000 points for am unearned bonus at a property? Well, why would you look a gift horse in the mouth and not save 5k points by using a normal one day award and an AXON? What's the downside here?

Some of us would do an AXON there and move on , perhaps to another AXON in BRU or Antwerp - though Brussels can be had pretty reasonably when the Eurocrats are taking time off, e.g. weekends and holidays. Now, that takes making a choice...

Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Do you like getting 5,000 points for am unearned bonus at a property? Well, why would you look a gift horse in the mouth and not save 5k points by using a normal one day award and an AXON? What's the downside here?
None, really. Thanks for the kick in the butt.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:18 am

Enjoy! Your only penalty will be you are now required to carry two pieces of paper (certs) instead of one. That's about as soft a burden as the alleged kick in the butt.

None, really. Thanks for the kick in the butt.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:04 pm

Hadn't heard of the AXON reward, so thanks for this thread. For a nine night stay, still seems like VIP is better. 337.5 vs 340 (145*2+50). Anything I'm missing? thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.