Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
yes this is an odd criterion for picking a NYC hotel

I believe Hilton TS provides the full buffet for Diamonds

But basically none of the NYC Hiltons offer a particularly good breakfast benefit. Nothing like Andaz 5th or PH NYC.
I stayed at the Hilton TS the past few weeks and yes the buffet is free for Diamonds. It was fine but nothing special. I haven't tried the breakfast at the other Manhattan properties where I've stayed so I couldn't say where Hilton TS might rank.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The Hilton Times Square has the best breakfast (and while its been I while since I have been to Doubletree TS Suites, I recall it being similar offerings, but I like the Hilton restaurant better and the overall service better).

Park Hyatt and Andaz Fifth do have better Diamond breakfast benefits but it is worth mentioning that the Andaz is usually a tier up price wise on average to full service Hilton properties and Park Hyatt prices are absurd.
Old May 1, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BJfly
I want to be in Manhattan but it doesn't matter where in the city.
I'm going to pile on with Kacee and challenge your selection criteria. Are you sure it doesn't matter where? Really? Not better for arriving from the specific airport? Closer to your planned activities: clients, museums, shopping, restaurants? Closer to mass transit? Don't you want to prioritize using your time in NYC efficiently and pleasantly?
Old May 1, 2016, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Miesque
Park Hyatt and Andaz Fifth do have better Diamond breakfast benefits but it is worth mentioning that the Andaz is usually a tier up price wise on average to full service Hilton properties and Park Hyatt prices are absurd.
Agreed (though they are somewhat comparable to Conrad and Waldorf Towers). My point was more that while Hyatt elites might weigh breakfast benefit pretty heavily in choosing a NYC hotel (lemon ricotta pancakes!), none of the Hilton breakfasts are in that league.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:31 am

I post this every time a thread on NYC hhonors properties starts up...go with one of the new HGIs and be done with it. Locations are good, prices are good, breakfast is good. No, they are not fancy, but it is not like the other properties are so truly aspirational as to be worth the price premium they usually charge.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I post this every time a thread on NYC hhonors properties starts up...go with one of the new HGIs and be done with it. Locations are good, prices are good, breakfast is good. No, they are not fancy, but it is not like the other properties are so truly aspirational as to be worth the price premium they usually charge.
Agree, although I would not be afraid of the DT near 33rd or Hampton Inn at 8th Ave if the price and location were right for the same reason-the real difference between the top and the bottom in NYC Hiltons is smaller than one would think.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by IcHot
Agree, although I would not be afraid of the DT near 33rd or Hampton Inn at 8th Ave if the price and location were right for the same reason-the real difference between the top and the bottom in NYC Hiltons is smaller than one would think.
I generally find the Hamptons and the HGIs to be priced the same, or the Hampton properties even pricing out higher. And I personally like the HGI breakfasts. That said, it is definitely wise to weigh cost/benefit of course - a $20 (max) breakfast does not justify a $50 price differential, for example.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
To each their own. I have problems with the noise in the NYC HGIs due to the way all the rooms open directly into the elevator lobby. Also have an issue paying $300+ for one of those rooms, which is where they are often priced during high demand periods.

They are well located and agreed that other Hilton options in NYC are not stellar, particularly if you don't want to be in TS.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We used a Chase free weekend night cert to book a room at the Millennium Hilton, received a very nice room on a relatively high floor, overlooking the WTC site - great view. Had the full breakfast buffet in the AM.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
stayed at both the millenium hilton and DT chelsea W29th st this week. both had the same hot items( eggs, sasuage, bacon, potatoes, waffle/pancakes), the millenium had a better selection of fruits and baked items, a better view, more attentive service. Got vouchers for breakfast buffet as a diamond, hard to believe the list price at the millenium breakfast buffet is $24.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlackBear05
hard to believe the list price at the millenium breakfast buffet is $24.
At a large near-flagship NYC chain hotel servicing mostly business travelers in the financial district, I'm honestly surprised it's not more than $24.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
At a large near-flagship NYC chain hotel servicing mostly business travelers in the financial district, I'm honestly surprised it's not more than $24.
+1
Old May 2, 2016, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My favorite is the DT Times Square. Next would be the Times square Hilton. Then the Fashion District Hilton (just make sure you request the hot breakfast vouchers at check in, they only give continental to gold's now and a lot of check in clerks will try giving that to diamond as well but if you ask nicely they will give you vouchers for the full buffet or any hot item or to use at the Deli anytime down the street).

Worst is Midtown Hilton. It's the exec lounge and the offerings aren't very good.

But like others said that's a weird criteria to use as the sole deciding factor. While the DT breakfast is a lot better than midtown the room rates are usually a lot higher and you'd be better off finding a cheaper Hilton and buying breakfast unless you are paying with points.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:30 pm

yes, paying with free night certs

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
My favorite is the DT Times Square. Next would be the Times square Hilton. Then the Fashion District Hilton (just make sure you request the hot breakfast vouchers at check in, they only give continental to gold's now and a lot of check in clerks will try giving that to diamond as well but if you ask nicely they will give you vouchers for the full buffet or any hot item or to use at the Deli anytime down the street).

Worst is Midtown Hilton. It's the exec lounge and the offerings aren't very good.

But like others said that's a weird criteria to use as the sole deciding factor. While the DT breakfast is a lot better than midtown the room rates are usually a lot higher and you'd be better off finding a cheaper Hilton and buying breakfast unless you are paying with points.
To all, yes, really appreciate all the input. The stay will be with a free night certificate, so price differential between the properties is a moot point. And I don't really care where in the city I stay because we have slowly been exploring different neighborhoods, so we would just explore around the neighborhood of which ever hotel is eventually selected. But I totally agree that if price were a criteria, then the math wouldn't support this criteria, and if I had an actual agenda in the city, then location would trump (no politics intended) all.

Thank you all again.

BJFly
Old May 4, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
HGI Times Square. Full (un-French) breakfast buffet in the French bistro next door. Rooms with street or light well view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.