Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: I sign up for programs so they have my preferences on file.
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Yes I'm with Eujeanie on that - I'm not on the spectrum and Times Square is too overwhelming for me with people. The Conrad Downtown is in a much quieter area and is the only other "nicer" property in the Hilton portfolio, so that'd be a much better match. Possibly the Millennium Hilton? I'd check out the property specific threads for those but these are in less crowded areas and more "business"-y hotels (Millennium is next to UN Headquarters, Downton Conrad is closer to Wall Street). They're also both close to the water, so you're not just surrounded by buildings and people.

In general, I'd recommend probably SoHo (maybe also the Garden Inn Tribeca if you want to take a look at that) / East Village neighborhoods for being still very connected but not in the thick of it, while having an amazing array of restaurants nearby. (garden inn Tribeca has a great location here, and it's next to Canal St for metro access to the rest of NY)

I'd consider all NYC Hilton Hotels family friendly, indeed. For better and worse. There are non-Chain hotels that I'd generally consider more "adult" - e.g. I was just at the Dominick in SoHo for 5 nights and didn't see a single child (just a couple teenagers )
That’s definitely super helpful! I have heard of a number of hotels in Chelsea and the Financial District which is farther from Times Square too! I have eyeballed the Millennium Hilton a little bit too due to brand familiarity and usual ease of getting TMTP rates.

Seriously, y’all are helping me with pointers on where to narrow my search (Manhattan that’s not Midtown/Times Square).

Whenever I make the trip I will update y’all on where I pick and how it goes.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:34 am

Best Hilton Hotel in NYC under $300/night

Good afternoon, Hilton Honor's ladies and gents.

I'll be in NYC for a couple nights in early January with the (arguably) better half. It has been a long time since I've stayed in NYC, I've seen lots of Hampton Inn, Garden Inn and Double Trees for around $175 a night. Does anyone have anything especially outstanding to say about any of them? Location doesn't really bother me.

Many thanks and have a blessed day.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:54 am

Do you have a few examples of properties? Depending on the time, any property in NYC can be over 300 a night
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:24 am

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:01 am

i have seen some pretty bad reviews about the Home2 which recently opened.

What type of hotels do you typically like? Free breakfast vs restaurant?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:05 am

I haven't stayed at any of those since I avoid Times Square like the plague but I've stayed at the other Motto and a bunch of other places. None really stand out but none have been awful. The Motto is lovely but the rooms are small and the doors are so loud. Location is great, though.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 5:48 am

I stayed at the new Home2 Suites in Times Square last weekend; not my ideal choice of location but due to varying factors that's where we ended up!

First of all, to address some of the reviews that currently exist online:

1. I've seen some reports that the room is small, but for two people we found the Queen Studio Suite more than adequate and actually some of the roomier quarters we've had in NY. We'd travelled HBO so didn't have a lot of stuff, but I can understand how space would quickly run out if you did. Bathroom was small but perfectly adequate. Kitchenette was well equipped and it was nice to have a proper fridge! Everything was clean. Bed was on the smaller side but absolutely fine for us. USB ports by the bed.

2. The AC in the rooms is loud when it's switched on, and when it's off there is a constant whistling sound. I didn't have the issue some report of the AC kicking on and off throughout the night, so it acted as white noise for me which is fine to drown out city sounds. We were on the 20th floor facing 48th St and it wasn't completely soundproof. I can understand how this could ruin a stay if you are sensitive to noise - it is a very loud system!

3. The lifts use the system where you select your floor on a screen and it assigns you a lift. For the best part this worked well, and in such a high traffic hotel it was quietly nice to not have to deal with people rushing in when the doors are closing! The system was flawed in peak times (i.e. breakfast) - I was assigned a lift that already had 10 people waiting for it, so I had to wait for that to go before I could request another. Which I suppose is the same as a normal lift system, but slightly frustrating that a "smart" system doesn't seem to account for capacity.

You can also end up waiting a while for a lift in peak times, but I think that's pretty common in large NY hotels.

4. The free hot breakfast was a decent offering. Typically it consisted of one egg option, a meat option and a potato option. On top of that there were pre-packaged hot English muffins/ciabattas available to grab, toast, croissants and muffins, a waffle maker, plus some cereals. Complimentary tea and coffee is available in the lobby all day.

We used the Digital Key so can't speak for the check in experience or any status recognition. Any staff we did encounter throughout our stay were friendly.

The rooftop bar wasn't open yet, I understand it might be opening this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.