Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by diver858
Rental goes back to EWR, thought about returning the car Sunday afternoon, but not crazy about dragging (carry-ons) luggage back and forth on the PATH, use the subway / Uber to get around lower Manhattan to visit family. Have a decent rate on an Alamo car (less than $30/day for small SUV), ~$100 is not too bad for the added convenience, less would of course be better.

Similarly, I am not crazy about having to be up and out by 7 or 8 am for street parking.
You are planning on driving around lower Manhattan? As a native New Yorker I can't imagine why someone would drive from EYR to the MH when the PATH stops across the street. I wouldn't consider an SUV convenient, I would consider it an albatross. Parking lots/garages charge surcharges for SUVs including the Millenium which tacks on $15 to the $60 parking fee. The $15 toll at the Holland Tunnel will pay for a couple of Uber or taxi rides around lower Manhattan and the wait at the Holland Tunnel to get back to NJ could easily be 30 minutes or more.

Last edited by BrlDsguise; Feb 22, 2016 at 3:57 am
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
You are planning on driving around lower Manhattan? As a native New Yorker I can't imagine why someone would drive from EYR to the MH when the PATH stops across the street. I wouldn't consider an SUV convenient, I would consider it an albatross. Parking lots/garages charge surcharges for SUVs including the Millenium which tacks on $15 to the $60 parking fee. The $15 toll at the Holland Tunnel will pay for a couple of Uber or taxi rides around lower Manhattan and the wait at the Holland Tunnel to get back to NJ could easily be 30 minutes or more.
That is my perspective as well.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:52 am

Agree completely.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:42 pm

could anyone suggest which of these hotels is better for a redemption for a couple?

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South

It's a single night redemption, our other nights will be in another chain on 49 W 32nd St
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square South before. It's a bit far from anything and has absolutely tiny rooms. I'm not in any hurry to return unless the price is really right.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:10 am

Had a perfectly nice stay at the HGI TS. Nothing amazing, just brand-standard HGI (which makes it pretty good for NYC).
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Anyone have any experience of the HGI Central Park South? Just booked it for a weekend in May, but not sure if the DT at TS would be a better option.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Anyone have any experience of the HGI Central Park South? Just booked it for a weekend in May, but not sure if the DT at TS would be a better option.
Not recent. I stayed there when it first opened and reported back. I like the location and the hard product is new, if a bit cramped. Breakfast is HGI brand standard full, so that goes a long way with me as well.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Appreciate the review. Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Stepping out the front door of a hotel and being in the biggest mass of tourists north of Disney can get old in a hurry.

As a former NYer I would stay at the HGI.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Stepping out the front door of a hotel and being in the biggest mass of tourists north of Disney can get old in a hurry.

As a former NYer I would stay at the HGI.
There's no point trying to talk sense into people who want to stay in or near TS
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:32 pm

Best NYC breakfast for diamonds

Dear FlyerTalk,

Any suggestions for which New York City property gives the best diamond breakfast? I want to be in Manhattan but it doesn't matter where in the city. Other than sleeping and breakfast, we probably won't spend much time in the room. So breakfast is the criteria. Thank you all!

BJfly
Old May 1, 2016, 6:02 am

I suppose the DT Times Square had the best breakfast of the Manhattan hotels I have stayed at.

Not the location I would choose to stay at but breakfast isn't my main criteria when I visit NYC.

You can visit then breakfast thread which is stickied on top to reasearch.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
breakfast isn't my main criteria when I visit NYC
yes this is an odd criterion for picking a NYC hotel

I believe Hilton TS provides the full buffet for Diamonds

But basically none of the NYC Hiltons offer a particularly good breakfast benefit. Nothing like Andaz 5th or PH NYC.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'd take the W=A drink certs over any breakfast offering... they're definitely worth more (2-3x) than a Tall Drip and a Turkey-Bacon Breakfast Sandwich at any corner Starbucks, which I'd consider an acceptable if not opulent breakfast. The Bull and Bear is a great old-school New York bar, or at least does a very good job appearing to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.