Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The Midtown Hilton has a lounge. But there are better Hilton properties in NYC without lounges I'd rather stay at. I'd rather have the hot breakfast buffet at the Times Square Hilton or the hot breakfast at the Fashion District Hilton (if you can get it) over the lounge at the Midtown Hilton.
Yeah, you are correct they did add that lounge. I haven't stayed there in years though I prefer to stay just about anyplace else.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Unless, something has changed recently none of the NYC Hilton family properties have a lounge.
The Hilton in midtown (55th St and 6th Ave) had a lounge last time I was there, but that was a few years ago and I know they've done some remodeling since. It wasn't that great anyway, but I found the location convenient (walking distance to my office).
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question NYC First Time Diamond Booking

This is my first time booking with Hilton in NYC. I'd like a recommendation for a property that includes breakfast for Diamonds, don't care about upgrades. We will be there Mar 4-6. 2 of us.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:55 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...light=New+York
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:39 pm

Or in the sticky wiki at the top of the forum that details diamond breakfast at Hiltons all over the world.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:24 pm

Alternatively, Hampton serves breakfast for all guests. I stayed at plenty of Hampton before my DM days and still do. Not a huge breakfast but enough to start the day.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I was as Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo (as Gold) for the New Year Eve; breakfast was offered (to all, also to Blue/Silver) but was a poor breakfast (if compared with other Hilton properties).
But, for example, at Hampton in Berlin, breakfast was better that in NYC
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:59 am

OP, with respect to your specific question, I personally would advocate for one of the new HGIs. There are probably a half-dozen scattered across the City. They are better-constructed and better-furnished than many of the full-service properties, and per the HGI brand standard, they all serve a full hot breakfast to elites. Not to mention the prices are often quite good. When I am in NYC they are usually the first place I look (I strayed from that recently and learned my lesson).

Comparisons to European properties (post #5) are sadly not relevant, but we can all dream, can't we?...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hilton Times Square provides a nice breakfast buffet in the restaurant including eggs, bacon et al. I also just have to comment yet again that this is the best Hilton in Midtown and they treat diamonds pretty well.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Miesque
Hilton Times Square provides a nice breakfast buffet in the restaurant including eggs, bacon et al. I also just have to comment yet again that this is the best Hilton in Midtown and they treat diamonds pretty well.
+1. Hilton Times Square offers the best breakfast for diamonds and overall elite treatment in Midtown.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael19887
+1. Hilton Times Square offers the best breakfast for diamonds and overall elite treatment in Midtown.

So, I am looking at these, I want to avoid Times Square, so what do you all think about the list below?

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Downtown-Financial District $107
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District $116
Hilton New York Fashion District $143
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea $143

Millenium Hilton $161

Last edited by djjaguar64; Feb 18, 2016 at 8:21 am
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thanks, i'll have a look at this property as well as the Millennium.
Millennium usually has good weekend rates due to its location and main clientele. Question is just whether you want to stay in the financial district.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Millennium usually has good weekend rates due to its location and main clientele. Question is just whether you want to stay in the financial district.
I actually prefer the financial district as it is quiet and away from the maddening crowds of TS.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I actually prefer the financial district as it is quiet and away from the maddening crowds of TS.
Oh, definitely agree in that regard, though some people like to be up in the 30's, Chelsea, etc for more walkability to restaurants and such.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Oh, definitely agree in that regard, though some people like to be up in the 30's, Chelsea, etc for more walkability to restaurants and such.
I like the Chelsea area as well. I've been to NYC multiple times but never stayed at a Hilton property only IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.