Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I stayed at the Conrad earlier this year and was not happy with the service (I did get upgraded to a suite though, and it was quite large by NYC standards). I'm still trying to find a NYC Hilton I can actually stomach.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:06 am

I am looking to burn some Hilton points for my wife and I, and we're trying to decide the best option. We are going to be staying through New Year's Eve, so that's one caveat to consider. We are not going to try to watch the ball drop - probably on NYE we'll go to Central Park for fireworks or something like that.

We are leaning toward the Conrad, Hilton Times Square (42nd), or Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West (54th St). I know the Conrad is the nicest property, but it's not nearly as conveniently located as the other two. We'll probably do several Broadway shows at least. But, with NYE, I don't know how crazy HTS or HGICPS will be. The HTS has a good room size, and the Central Park HGI looks a little more cramped. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by striker1064
I am looking to burn some Hilton points for my wife and I, and we're trying to decide the best option. We are going to be staying through New Year's Eve, so that's one caveat to consider. We are not going to try to watch the ball drop - probably on NYE we'll go to Central Park for fireworks or something like that.

We are leaning toward the Conrad, Hilton Times Square (42nd), or Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West (54th St). I know the Conrad is the nicest property, but it's not nearly as conveniently located as the other two. We'll probably do several Broadway shows at least. But, with NYE, I don't know how crazy HTS or HGICPS will be. The HTS has a good room size, and the Central Park HGI looks a little more cramped. Any thoughts?
I would probably go with the HGI, I would rather stay away from TS, especially for NYE.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
While we're on the topic of Hilton frustrations in NYC, the next time I'll be in the city will be in January and part of me wants to try the brand new Hilton Brooklyn but they don't seem to have included an exec lounge and the weekend rates are still a lot higher than what's available in FiDi. Now I realize nobody want's to spend the weekend in fiDi, but I'm not going to argue with $100/nt rates

Also as is the trend, there are remarkably few NYC Hilton properties that extend decent benefits to Diamonds. Luckily for Hilton, the SPG properties tend to overcharge like crazy relative to the market, based off the times I've been there.

In the past year(ish) I've stayed at the Hilton Fashion District (wouldn't return, tiny rooms, essentially no elite benefits), Hilton Times Square (good sized rooms, good location, would return), and the DT Metropolitan (meh, all round decent stay, but nothing great, would stay again at a cheapo rate).

Last edited by krazykanuck; Oct 23, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I would be shocked if any new hotel in NYC for either Hilton or Hyatt had a lounge, both have had opportunities to do so and have not. In fact you can expand that to Chicago (notice none of the recent openings have a lounge, its the older properties) and I am sure other big U.S. cities executive lounges in new properties are a vanishing breed except for some airport hotels and smaller markets.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:36 am

By the way that Brooklyn Hilton looks like the type of property that is going to have to go through an adjustment period regarding rates, where high ambitions and reality meet.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:18 am

The wife and I are headed up the first full week of December. Between the Conrad, Millennium, and the Hilton TS, whats the best pick. Staying on awards and also a Diamond.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Since you're coming in December I'd rather be Midtown, closer to all the Christmas lights/windows/shows/activities.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Can anybody offer any up to date advice as to the Diamond benefits at the Conrad?

I'm staying in New York for 5 nights in Feb and was thinking of a couple of splitting the nights to experience staying in different areas. I was thinking of 2 nights at the Conrad and then 3 nights in the Midtown area so was thinking of the Hilton Time Square.

The breakfast thread mentions Diamond getting a $20 voucher at the Conrad. Can anybody confirm this is still current and what you can get for this (I'm assuming it's less than the buffer breakfast cost?).
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:41 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by sbiddle
The breakfast thread mentions Diamond getting a $20 voucher at the Conrad. Can anybody confirm this is still current and what you can get for this (I'm assuming it's less than the buffer breakfast cost?).
Definitely untrue. During the past three years, I've stayed six times at the Conrad. The last time was just two weeks ago. For years, Diamonds have received a special menu with about five hot and cold à la carte items to choose from, no matter which day of the week. I liked it a lot, but if you stay longer the choice can get a bit boring.

During our last stay we arrived on a Saturday night and were surprised to be able able to help ourselves at a full hot and cold buffet the next morning. Was told that this is a new offer only on weekends. Diamonds can use it for free, on weekdays they still get the aforementioned limited offer of items to choose from.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by jreichel
Definitely untrue. During the past three years, I've stayed six times at the Conrad. The last time was just two weeks ago. For years, Diamonds have received a special menu with about five hot and cold à la carte items to choose from, no matter which day of the week. I liked it a lot, but if you stay longer the choice can get a bit boring.

During our last stay we arrived on a Saturday night and were surprised to be able able to help ourselves at a full hot and cold buffet the next morning. Was told that this is a new offer only on weekends. Diamonds can use it for free, on weekdays they still get the aforementioned limited offer of items to choose from.
I was there a couple weeks ago with my wife and we had a full buffet on a Saturday and Sunday morning.

My wife stayed there as a diamond a couple months ago and it was a voucher for a dollar amount off breakfast, I believe it was $20. Our weekend stay was booked under my diamond HH number and not sure if they give gold's the weekend buffet or not.

I was impressed with the weekend breakfast buffet.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Thanks for the comments.

How busy is the area of Manhattan around the Conrad during the weekend? I'm making the assumption it's going to be pretty quiet compared to weekdays. Are nearby restraurants and so on open?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:18 pm

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm making the assumption it's going to be pretty quiet compared to weekdays. Are nearby restraurants and so on open?
Compared to Times Square, it's dead.

I love it. Just spent a week there and could have dined at a different place on every evening (including weekends) without walking for longer than one minute. And there's something for every budget and taste:

El Vez (Mexican)
Wei West (Asian)
Parm (Italian diner)
North End Grill (upscale)
Harry's Italian
Shake Shack
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

I love it.
This is the paradox of asking where to stay in Manhattan.

If you want wall to wall tourists stay in TS but as a former NYer I stay downtown or midtown east almost every trip,
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:57 pm

I love it. Just spent a week there and could have dined at a different place on every evening (including weekends) without walking for longer than one minute. And there's something for every budget and taste:

El Vez (Mexican)
Wei West (Asian)
Parm (Italian diner)
North End Grill (upscale)
Harry's Italian
Shake Shack

And now there are a ton of options over at Brookfield Place right across the street. I much prefer it to Midtown. If I do stay Midtown, I go Hilton Times Square. The other thing I have to emphasize is you are very close to the Hudson and walking brisk up and down the Hudson is a great way to burn off some of those calories from those dining establishments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.