Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Anyone ever stay at the Gran Hotel downtown? We have 2 nights there next week. Looks nice...the property page references an Executive Lounge but no way to directly book an Executive Level room. (I did some test queries in the distant future - no room types reference lounge access.)

Trying to figure out if a lounge actually exists or, if not, what the Diamond breakfast situation is.
I have Diamond and stayed there (pre-covid) but there was Happy Hour 5p-8p and Breakfast Buffet from 6a-10a, both at the top floor restaurant/bar. The happy hour cocktails were probably the best I've had at any property.

James91 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sounds fantastic - I'll report back on the post-covid situation next week.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm pleased to confirm that the process is as still as described above. There is no executive lounge per se. The restaurant, bar, and reception all happen on the top floor of the hotel, which is also where check-in occurs and where other public spaces like the business center, gym, and meeting rooms are.

This is a very good hotel overall. Perfect location if you want to be in the middle of San Jose. Fully modern amenities throughout the hotel, very clean/updated rooms. If this isn't San Jose's top city hotel, it's certainly in the top tier.

The breakfast is a full buffet with a mix of American and local choices with some made-to-order options as well.

One of my better Hilton experiences in the past few years.
Doctorslices and 24.05.2004 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.