Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Its True

Originally Posted by marlin
Those award levels are ridiculous. I hope that is true about Papagayo, maybe the rate will be lowered then.
In the next two months, The Hilton Papagayo Resort will no longer be an all- inclusive resort.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:31 am

I am really interested in booking this on points if they become a non inclusive.
I've called HH and they show it to be inclusive until October. Can you give us any further info?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:07 am

October2008

I am really interested in booking this on points if they become a non inclusive.
I've called HH and they show it to be inclusive until October. Can you give us any further info?
Yes, they changed the date to October 2008 to train the staff. I just returned from a six day stay at this resort at 60,000 HHpoints/night.Its a great resort, however check for low rates before booking on points.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:17 am

360guy

I have reservations at the three Hilton/Doubletree properties early next June and I would be grateful if you would share the details of your travel/transfer arrangements/costs from San Jose and/or Liberia; and/or Puntarenas.

Do you have any recommendations/suggestions regarding which room to request?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 360guy
I just returned from a six day stay at this resort at 60,000 HHpoints/night.Its a great resort, however check for low rates before booking on points.
Yes, I just got the DT for ~$150/night which is below the threshold which I use points. I only chose the DT over the Hilton because it is much less expensive for me to fly into San Jose than Liberia, and it is my first trip to CR.

The reviews on the DT on tripadvisor.com look fantastic since Hilton took over.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:22 pm

The rates just keep going down.

Originally Posted by omegadeal
Yes, I just got the DT for ~$150/night which is below the threshold which I use points. .
And I just got the Doubletree Puntarenas for $130 a night (Go for Gold Rate) incl tax.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:23 pm

Hilton Papagayo

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
360guy

I have reservations at the three Hilton/Doubletree properties early next June and I would be grateful if you would share the details of your travel/transfer arrangements/costs from San Jose and/or Liberia; and/or Puntarenas.

Do you have any recommendations/suggestions regarding which room to request?
We flew into SJO and overnighted at the Hampton Inn($168/n), free 24 hour shuttle to the hotel (5 minutes). The next morning we took Sansa Air to Liberia(LIB)30 minute flight ($100). Natureair also flys SJO-LIB for about $70.
At the LIB airport, we rented a Avis Car ($27/day) and drove to the Hilton Papagayo hotel (20 minutes). You need a car at this hotel, it is cheaper than taxis. AA,CO and DL fly direct into LIB daily. US air flies in on Saturday and out on Sunday.Natureair also flies LIB to La Fontona ($45/each way) and then it is a short 20 min ride to the volcano. If you drive from the hotel, it is a 4 hour ride in each direction 70%on dirt road.
Hilton Papagayo Hotel Rooms:The best rooms are the 7 suites with pools.
I think the room numbers are 500-506. You DO NOT want to stay in rooms #200 to#300 . No views and are near the spa.
You might want to rent a cell phone from cellular rentals. Telephone (800) 769-7137. $10/day, free incoming and local calls, $1.25/min outgoing to the US.and Canada.. Well worth it. They deliver to the airport. The Hilton is a great property with a caring staff., however 60,000 points/ night is high.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 7:42 am

I would like to go in early 2009 (to the Papagayo). Do you think it will be a category 6 when it goes non inclusive and when can I book? HHs has no clue. Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by 360guy
We flew into SJO and overnighted at the Hampton Inn($168/n), free 24 hour shuttle to the hotel (5 minutes). The next morning we took Sansa Air to Liberia(LIB)30 minute flight ($100). Natureair also flys SJO-LIB for about $70.
At the LIB airport, we rented a Avis Car ($27/day) and drove to the Hilton Papagayo hotel (20 minutes). You need a car at this hotel, it is cheaper than taxis. AA,CO and DL fly direct into LIB daily. US air flies in on Saturday and out on Sunday.Natureair also flies LIB to La Fontona ($45/each way) and then it is a short 20 min ride to the volcano. If you drive from the hotel, it is a 4 hour ride in each direction 70%on dirt road.
Hilton Papagayo Hotel Rooms:The best rooms are the 7 suites with pools.
I think the room numbers are 500-506. You DO NOT want to stay in rooms #200 to#300 . No views and are near the spa.
You might want to rent a cell phone from cellular rentals. Telephone (800) 769-7137. $10/day, free incoming and local calls, $1.25/min outgoing to the US.and Canada.. Well worth it. They deliver to the airport. The Hilton is a great property with a caring staff., however 60,000 points/ night is high.
Thank you for your comprehensive and helpful advice - especially your mention of Nature Air and the (seemingly VERY expensive) Hampton at the airport.

$168 for a Hampton seems high when compared with the $130 per night (incl tax) at the Doubletree and $159 per night (incl tax) at the Hilton.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:28 am

Crystal

I would like to go in early 2009 (to the Papagayo). Do you think it will be a category 6 when it goes non inclusive and when can I book? HHs has no clue. Thanks!
I have no idea.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond ; Prority Club Platinum; Rapid Rewards A List; OnePass
While these are all inclusive, will my 5-10-15 and BMG certificates work?

Might make those a really great value.

PC
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:36 pm

Costa Rican All-Inclusive Rewards

See

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/.../incresorts.do

Doubletree Resort by Hilton Puntarenas

Guests HHonors Points
1 - 2 adults 50,000
1 supplementary adult 22,500
OR 1 supplementary child 6,000

(children ages of 7 and under are free)

Hilton Papagayo Resort

Guests HHonors Points
1 - 2 adults 60,000

Terms
: Only one supplementary person maximum can be added to the making it a total of three persons (adult and/or child combination) maximum occupying one room at one time. Spouse stays free benefit does not apply for all-inclusive rewards. Children the age of seven and under are free.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:33 pm

February Stay

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
See

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/.../incresorts.do

Doubletree Resort by Hilton Puntarenas

Guests HHonors Points
1 - 2 adults 50,000

Hilton Papagayo Resort

Guests HHonors Points
1 - 2 adults 60,000

Terms
: Only one supplementary person maximum can be added to the making it a total of three persons (adult and/or child combination) maximum occupying one room at one time. Spouse stays free benefit does not apply for all-inclusive rewards. Children the age of seven and under are free.
I stayed at the Papagayo Resort in February.I was the first Hilton Honors Guest. Six nights was 360,000 points (2 people). Great staff and property, however some couples were paying $205/night(2 people).Check the promotion rates first before booking an award stay.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA-1P, HHonors - Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I'm considering booking a trip in the fall at the all-inclusive hilton in costa rica (I can't remember the name right now) but it is near san jose.

Anyone have any experience here? Are the beaches clean? Is it family friendly? I have a 2 year old that will be almost 3 when we travel.

Thanks,
-Kevin
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
San Jose has no ocean beaches. Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...at-resort.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.