Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Costa Rica {CRI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:57 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
I think that there are only two Hilton propterties in CR - and both are Hampton Inns at SJO airport. The newer one is the HI and Stuites - and it's the nicer of the two.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 3:21 pm

Programs: QR platinum
stayed in both of these Hampton Inns, they are neighbours, The suites is as tvl4free states the nicer of the two.
Stayed there on points, but got also base and bonus points for these stays as for a paid stay
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
New Hiltons in Costa Rica?

I accidently stumbled upon this press releases dated January 4, 2007:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....311&highlight=

mentioning two properties being acquired and converted to a Hilton and a Doubletree in Guanacaste and Puntarenas, respectively, as of December, 2007. So far though the travel planner on Hilton.com the only hotel to show up is the Airport HI.

Anyone have further scoop on these hotels?

Last edited by Notenut; Apr 6, 2007 at 12:49 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I just read some reviews of the first one on TripAdvisor.com. One of the posters there mentioned knowing about the Hilton conversion. It seemed to get very good reviews, BTW.

I would be surprised if they could get both of them upgraded to Hilton standards in 11 months. It seems that these things always run longer than planned.

I wonder if they will continue on with the "all-inclusive" concept.................
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Well I'll definitely be saving some HH points to redeem an AXON at at least one of them in '08 if all thing go well.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Hilton Papagayo Resort Costa Rica

Any update on Hilton Papagayo Resort Costa Rica?
Is suppose to open in Dec but Hilton Papagayo Resort website is still not open for business. I am planning a trip in March so I was wondering if is worth making plans (i.e., plane tickets) now or should we wait?

Looked at TripAdvisor and there were some recent reveiws that were very negative.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...uanacaste.html

Understanding this is not under the full control of Hilton and they are still renovating, I hope the reviews will get better.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Oct 20, 2007 at 7:43 pm
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Here are links to the new Hilton and Doubletree:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...UPHMCSGBIU222Q

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/h...tyhocn=JAPCRDT

They both look to be "all inclusive." I wonder what the point redemption structure will look like?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
[QUOTE=loomis;7539432]
I would be surprised if they could get both of them upgraded to Hilton standards in 11 months. QUOTE]

They could get them up to Hilton UK standards in about 11 hours
Old Dec 18, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
[QUOTE=Alinlondon;8597487]
Originally Posted by loomis
I would be surprised if they could get both of them upgraded to Hilton standards in 11 months. QUOTE]

They could get them up to Hilton UK standards in about 11 hours
Doubletree Puntarenas, Costa Rica is now accepting reservations starting Jan 1, 2008 (was Feb 1 yesterday), so they must be getting close! I tried to get reservations for January using reward cert, but they have not released reward stays yet, and probably won't until they are very close to opening, according to the Diamond Desk

Cat22
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:54 pm

Award Levels For Costa Rica All-Inclusives

I posted an abbreviated version of this on another thread, but I think it needs its own thread. Award levels are out for the all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica - the following are on a per-night basis:

Doubletree Puntarenas
50,000 for 1-2 people
22,500 for a supplemental adult (anyone over 12)
6,000 for a child (ages 4-12)

Hilton Papagayo
60,000 for 1-2 people
22,500 for a supplemental adult (anyone over 12)
6,000 for a child (ages 4-12)

I called twice and got the same numbers, if that means anything. They also said that there were no GLON-type awards from these properties. I checked some of the rates - in peak season, even at these levels they may be a decent value (if you're looking for at least 1/2 cent per point). I didn't see any mention on the HHonors website, so if you want to book them, you'll have to call (for now).
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Hilton Papagayo

By May 2008, The Hilton Papagayo will no longer be an all-inclusive resort.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 360guy
Is this official, or something you know will be announced?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:35 am

Those award levels are ridiculous. I hope that is true about Papagayo, maybe the rate will be lowered then.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by 360guy

You have my sincere thanks for your post because when I read it I checked the rates for some upcoming dates that I have reserved and found that the rates for the lowest category of room have been reduced from $217+26% tax (or $273.42 per night) to $159 incl tax per night. This represents a fantastic saving of $114 per night.

You are my hero 360guy
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by marlin
Those award levels are ridiculous.
I disagree, but then, I'm not trying to get more than $0.01 per point. I priced out a room at the Papagayo at the end of March for two adults: $579 per night. At that level, 60K points doesn't seem like a bad deal. Whether or not the room and the food are worth $579/night may be a completely different story. I'll be curious to see what the award levels are when it's no longer all-inclusive.

Last edited by singlemalt; Feb 21, 2008 at 9:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.