Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
I've been getting the MAJOR run around trying to use one of these at the Waldorf Astoria New York. The cert clearly states that it's valid at any "standard room" at any hotel within the Worldwide portfolio of brands (and lists out Conrad, Waldorf, etc.).

Well, the Waldorf doesn't offer a "Standard Room"... so the lowest room is a Deluxe Room (at $600 a night). I've called the hotel and spoken to 4 different people, all of whom say that night would not qualify so I don't want to risk it by just booking a room and a prayer. They couldn't find me a single room that WOULD qualify over the next 2 months... I know they are probably busy, but that seemed a little odd to me.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by nsfw
I was offered a Be my Guest or 50k Points. After reading this thread, I think I'm taking the 50k. Points won't expire as long as there is some sort of activity. Points are good world wide on almost any property. 50k can almost get you a Waldorf with a VIP multi night stay.
This is a great thread, thank you for all the information. I probably will do the same and request for points instead of a BMG certificate
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by alecheverry
This is a great thread, thank you for all the information. I probably will do the same and request for points instead of a BMG certificate
Take pts over BMG anytime. Mine BMG expired after 2 years so I contacted HHonors to check if they can exchange it for points but it was not possible. However they asked me to send it back, so they will issue me a new one which is nice.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by stiwi
Take pts over BMG anytime.
However remember that (in my experience) you get points for the full folio with a BMG... I know someone who generated >15k points with a recent BMG stay during the Q4 double points promo.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
However remember that (in my experience) you get points for the full folio with a BMG... I know someone who generated >15k points with a recent BMG stay during the Q4 double points promo.
Maybe. But when it comes to reward or mixing BMG with pts stay, it's too much hassle. That's the reason for example why I was unable to use the certificate for 2 years despite having reward stays for pts.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't understand the problem w mixing, it's just like mixing paid and award stays ie book them separate and then call hotel direct to combine.
BMG works just like cash, with caveat that it's much easier if you note in res/advise FD at checkin that you're using one...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:43 pm

@Stewie Mac: I tried to do that with Hilton Iru Fushi Maldives. Impossible. Their phone line condition seems so weak, that you can hardly hear them. They were not very responsive on the emails either and HHonors call center said that only hotel can combine pts with cert. Maybe it was me, but I had no luck in doing this, so I booked for pts eventually.

As Hilton sent me a new certificate, I decided not to wait for the expiration time this time. So I booked a standard room at Hilton Vienna Plaza (€199 / night) and showed the certificate. They looked at me like I would came from the moon and said it is most probably not possible to pay with this piece of paper. They had to call US to check with them to finally let me know it is possible to pay with this... piece of paper.

I prefer points. At least this is hassle free experience.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:26 am

I just noticed that I earned points for BMG stay as I would normally pay the full rate. So for the night above I got 7,000 pts including Q4, Diamond and HHonors bonus. I didn't know it works like that.

@Stewie Mac: I might reconsider my view regarding certificates, especially if it works like that for other certs as well, not only BMG.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:20 pm

Woot! First post!

Thanks all for the great info. I will, some day in the next 4-8 weeks, be receiving (2) BMG certs for a Waldorf Collection property. Your comments in this thread have helped prepare me for using them! Safe travels!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Advice using a "Be my guest certificate"

Excuse me if this has been covered somewhere else on here, but I wonder if anyone can help with a query.

Last year I received a "Be my guest" certificate due to a problem with one of my stays, which says:

"Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any Hilton Hotel worldwide"

There are no other conditions on the certificate or how to use it (I tried to do it on hilton.com but although it has a serial number it wasn't possible). I phoned Hilton reservations and tried to use it for the new Conrad in New York and the lady was very nice but it sounded like she had never heard of a "be my guest certificate" before and said she would make a note on the reservation that I was using it. I asked if it was certain it would be accepted she said she would have to check. After a short while, she said her supervisor had said it could not be used in a Conrad as it was not a Hilton and the Conrad was a suite hotel and didnt have standard rooms.

Although I can see the reasoning behind it, but what if I wanted to use it at a Hampton Inn or Doubletree etc. I have never had one of these certificates before so have no idea how they work and just want to make sure that what I have been told is correct? I just want to use it for 1 night in May (on a Monday night) and they have special opening rates available for $299.00 but I'd like to use the certificate for something nice as it supposedly can be used in any Hilton worldwide.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by platinumstar
Excuse me if this has been covered somewhere else on here, but I wonder if anyone can help with a query.

Last year I received a "Be my guest" certificate due to a problem with one of my stays, which says:

"Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any Hilton Hotel worldwide"

There are no other conditions on the certificate or how to use it (I tried to do it on hilton.com but although it has a serial number it wasn't possible). I phoned Hilton reservations and tried to use it for the new Conrad in New York and the lady was very nice but it sounded like she had never heard of a "be my guest certificate" before and said she would make a note on the reservation that I was using it. I asked if it was certain it would be accepted she said she would have to check. After a short while, she said her supervisor had said it could not be used in a Conrad as it was not a Hilton and the Conrad was a suite hotel and didnt have standard rooms.

Although I can see the reasoning behind it, but what if I wanted to use it at a Hampton Inn or Doubletree etc. I have never had one of these certificates before so have no idea how they work and just want to make sure that what I have been told is correct? I just want to use it for 1 night in May (on a Monday night) and they have special opening rates available for $299.00 but I'd like to use the certificate for something nice as it supposedly can be used in any Hilton worldwide.
It's my understanding that BMG certificates must be used at the brand in which they were obtained. So you'd need to use it at a Hilton Hotel.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some relevant info and experiences here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ht=be+my+guest
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:25 am

so the rate pt.s post w/o incidentals?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:07 pm

I had one of these specific to HGI from one of their Facebook contests, just used it at the HGI Hollywood...super stoked to get points on value of room + AMEX booking bonus + Q2 promo, my free night and earned almost 8,000 points
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Got one of these Be My Guest certificates after a bad stay at Hilton property earlier this year. Booked a night at the Conrad Koh Samui using it. All worked quite well at the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.