Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:48 am
Original Member

I had read in other searches that the BMG certificate was like presenting cash as it looks like a check and that you would get point credit for such a stay. I just used one and the hotel deducted the entire room rate off as a free stay and my bill only had parking on it. Any advice?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sggolf
I had read in other searches that the BMG certificate was like presenting cash as it looks like a check and that you would get point credit for such a stay. I just used one and the hotel deducted the entire room rate off as a free stay and my bill only had parking on it. Any advice?
Nothing you can do at this point. Maybe that hotel had a different way of processing them.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
Yeah the wrong way

Originally Posted by holtju2
Nothing you can do at this point. Maybe that hotel had a different way of processing them.
This hotel did it wrong. They basicly adjusted off your room & tax revenue when they should have billed Hilton and been reimbursed.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:10 am
Original Member

I mentioned this to the supervisor at check-out. I then asked for his card and on the back of it, asked him to detail his promise to adjust for points for room rate...My account initially showed the incidentals, so I emailed him and a few days later the points show correctly on my online folio. Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP, Air Tran Elite, CO SE
Originally Posted by sggolf
Its quite possible that the hotel didnt "adjust" the rate but instead moved it to a direct bill folio to be billed out. In any case, they didnt do anything wrong. You received a free stay and shouldnt be entitled to points. Thats like double dipping on the compensation.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
Originally Posted by ITravelForWork
Its quite possible that the hotel didnt "adjust" the rate but instead moved it to a direct bill folio to be billed out. In any case, they didnt do anything wrong. You received a free stay and shouldnt be entitled to points. Thats like double dipping on the compensation.
When I have my room and tax direct billed on a separate folio, I still get points for the room and tax paid.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Package rates allowed?

In previous threads, it's been mentioned that you can use these certificates with packages/special rates (Romance Package or double miles, etc.).

How does it work? I've found a rate at the Beverly Hilton next week that includes one spa session and breakfast, but the rate is about $90 higher than the unrestricted rate. Will the rate be covered, or will I owe the difference between the two? And when should I let the hotel know I'm using the certificate?

Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, AA PPro, Amex Plat
Blackouts?

So I have read so far that you make a standard reservation, then present the card at check-in just like cash. Are there blackout date restrictions? I would like to use one for my Hampton Inn stay in Clarksville, IN for the KY Derby next year. Will I have issues?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Suggest making a copy of the certificate before turning it over to the hotel at check-in. In using my certificate, I made a reservation on-line for a "standard" room and checked in with someone who had never seen one of these before and had no clue what to do. A manager cleared things up. One week after my stay, 30K HHonors points were deducted from my account. Turns out the hotel lost the certificate and thought my stay was an award stay. Diamond Desk eventually straightened this out, but it took about two weeks and a few phone calls.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:22 pm
nsr

Question participating hiltons in Hawaii ?

The back of the certificate states specifically that "The Waldorf=Astoria in NY" doesn't participate, as well as Hilton Grand vacation hotels. It doesn't say anything about the Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa in Hawaii. Anyone know if the certificate works there too?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by nsr
The back of the certificate states specifically that "The Waldorf=Astoria in NY" doesn't participate, as well as Hilton Grand vacation hotels. It doesn't say anything about the Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa in Hawaii. Anyone know if the certificate works there too?
Because it is not a Hilton technically but a Waldorf Collection property I would say no.
But don't take my word as the final answer either.
I challenged it too when I saw that confusing disclaimer on the back.
If I understand the customer service folks who went back and forth on the issue it has to be a particpating actual Hilton branded property not a hotel represented by Hilton or partnership brand.
In my case I wanted to use it at the Conrad which ended up a no go
You have to get an experienced trained agent at Hilton to get the right answer.
And that can be very challenging these days to say the least.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Because it is not a Hilton technically but a Waldorf Collection property I would say no.
But don't take my word as the final answer either.
I challenged it too when I saw that confusing disclaimer on the back.
If I understand the customer service folks who went back and forth on the issue it has to be a particpating actual Hilton branded property not a hotel represented by Hilton or partnership brand.
In my case I wanted to use it at the Conrad which ended up a no go
You have to get an experienced trained agent at Hilton to get the right answer.
And that can be very challenging these days to say the least.
I used mine fine at a Conrad(Called property prior). A matter of fact they must have flagged the reservation because I had never had a better stay with Hilton (I was given three BMG in total for my HELLACIOUS experience at another property). Upgraded to one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen in a city property. They apologized for my TERRIBLE experience at another property and said they wanted to make it right for our continued loyalty to Hilton.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 6:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by bdw1989
I used mine fine at a Conrad(Called property prior). A matter of fact they must have flagged the reservation because I had never had a better stay with Hilton (I was given three BMG in total for my HELLACIOUS experience at another property). Upgraded to one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen in a city property. They apologized for my TERRIBLE experience at another property and said they wanted to make it right for our continued loyalty to Hilton.
Thanks for the heads up
I have a few words for the Hilton Customer service folks if that is the case.
However I will remain polite
Their training and knowledge are generally horrendous.

So if I understand correctly you used a Hilton Be My Guest Certificate at a Conrad
Just want to make certain on that.I do thank you for that information

My advice to the above poster then changes ignore the Hilton contact center and call the front office manager or reservations manager at the hotel directly and see if they will accept it
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the heads up
I have a few words for the Hilton Customer service folks if that is the case.
However I will remain polite
Their training and knowledge are generally horrendous.

So if I understand correctly you used a Hilton Be My Guest Certificate at a Conrad
Just want to make certain on that.I do thank you for that information

My advice to the above poster then changes ignore the Hilton contact center and call the front office manager or reservations manager at the hotel directly and see if they will accept it
That is correct. The DD will tell you no. But call the property directly. The Conrad I went to said yes. Don't expect a yes. My key was telling my story of what happened that got me the cert in the first place.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:41 am
nsr

any experience in extending the expiration date?

I might not be able to use my cert before it expires. Is it worth trying to call HH and extend it by another 2 months? Does any of you have experience in doing so?

any info will be appreciated, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.