Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:31 am
cjd

Had a 5 night Award stay here at the beginning of September. Great value as hotel charges in the region of $500 per night. Arrived late on first night and given a corner room on the 12th floor. This was the room we booked and no upgrade offered to us as Diamond. Room was worn and dated. Next morning, asked if any refurbished rooms available. Moved to corner room on the 17th floor, which was much nicer and very modern, although bathroom did not appear much different to previous room. Rooms on floors 15 and above appear to have been refurbished. Told we could use the Diamond Lounge for evening drinks and canapes. Also took breakfast in the same lounge and found it quite adequate as it included several hot options. Did not eat breakfast in the restaurant, which was a $10 upcharge per person. Hotel is convenient for shopping malls, which can be accessed from the Sheraton across the road. The hop on hop off trolley bus stops outside the hotel and we purchased a 2 day ticket from the concierge in the hotel. The hotel has a small gym and an outdoor pool on the 7th floor. Did not have car, but car parking was $43 per night. All staff were very helpful and very friendly which helped to make a great stay.
boonkoh likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:50 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Does anyone have a direct phone number for the GM at this property (Dominique Marty)? We have an upcoming event with a contract issue an Sales has been stonewalling us.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Had a recent 4 night stay here, and it appears that the hotel has finished renovations. The rooms are dark contemporary look, very modern. Although walls are paper thin. As a diamond, I used the breakfast coupons in the restaurant to order off the menu. If gave me $5.00 off the meal. I will say, the hotel has a pretty good breakfast offering in the restaurant.

I did do OLCI at this hotel. Upon check-in I asked about upgrades, and the manager said she had not looked for any upgrades for me because I did OLCI. Frustrating. I wish there was a way that one could check that they still want an available upgrade when doing OLCI. She did offer a slightly better room, which was nice, bc I only had one neighbor instead of two.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JetSet05
Had a recent 4 night stay here, and it appears that the hotel has finished renovations. The rooms are dark contemporary look, very modern. Although walls are paper thin. As a diamond, I used the breakfast coupons in the restaurant to order off the menu. If gave me $5.00 off the meal. I will say, the hotel has a pretty good breakfast offering in the restaurant.

I did do OLCI at this hotel. Upon check-in I asked about upgrades, and the manager said she had not looked for any upgrades for me because I did OLCI. Frustrating. I wish there was a way that one could check that they still want an available upgrade when doing OLCI. She did offer a slightly better room, which was nice, bc I only had one neighbor instead of two.
It's weird because when you do the OLCI, there's a message that says that this will not prevent the upgrades and they will still look for better rooms for you.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:12 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
It's weird because when you do the OLCI, there's a message that says that this will not prevent the upgrades and they will still look for better rooms for you.
This is a franchise, non-Hilton managed hotel, and IMO really doesn't care.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stc
This is a franchise, non-Hilton managed hotel, and IMO really doesn't care.
I never know when I book a Hilton if it's a franchise, non-Hilton managed hotel but I guess I must have stayed in many of them. In Boston, I only stayed at the Downtown one. They gave us a suite because they thought we were only staying 1 night but my wife had done separate reservations for the first night and then 4 nights because the rate was different. The front desk agent was extremely nice and gave us the suite for the 5 nights.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I am staying at this hotel on July 22nd for one night. I chose the location for proximity to Fenway Park. I have tickets to see the Foo Fighters there that night. I got a decent rate (successful BRG claim) for a standard king room and look forward to the stay. I am a gold on a Diamond challenge so I will report back any upgrades, etc.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, JetBlue, AA, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
I am staying at this hotel on July 22nd for one night. I chose the location for proximity to Fenway Park. I have tickets to see the Foo Fighters there that night. I got a decent rate (successful BRG claim) for a standard king room and look forward to the stay. I am a gold on a Diamond challenge so I will report back any upgrades, etc.
Watch out for the sidewalks when walking from their over to Fenway. Some of them are in really bad shape - I almost broke an ankle last year making that walk.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by JetSet05
As a diamond, I used the breakfast coupons in the restaurant to order off the menu. If gave me $5.00 off the meal. I will say, the hotel has a pretty good breakfast offering in the restaurant.

What happened to the executive lounge? It used to be open 7 days a week.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by BigJC
What happened to the executive lounge? It used to be open 7 days a week.
The exec lounge is still open nearly 24/7. For breakfast I personally just usually prefer to eat off the breakfast menu, if possible. They did have decent appetizers in the evenings in the exec lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:44 am

Thank you NHGail, It's been a long time since I've been there.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:43 pm
stc

I heard a very disturbing story about this hotel over the weekend from a colleague from out of town who is not on FT. We were hosting an event there last December (2017) with about 100+ people and 200+ room nights. The colleague stayed at the hotel. After he and his wife had checked out he received a credit card charge from the hotel for damages. Upon querying the hotel, he was told they damaged the mattress but there were no pictures and no documentation and the mattress had already been replaced. He denies this. Given he and his wife are in their 60s, and not party animals, I fully believe him. Rather than complaining to the credit card company he complained to Hilton Corporate and Corporate eventually sent him a check for the full amount that he was charged for the damages by the hotel.

We had already decided never to hold another event at this hotel (Hilton Boston Back Bay) for other reasons. But, I wanted to warn people to be very careful about this hotel.
san888 likes this.

Last edited by stc; Sep 16, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:27 am

I completed a stay at this hotel on 7/22/18 and thought it was excellent. The hotel is very modern looking with an impressive lobby. Our room was on the 10th floor. I am a gold, didn't request and upgrade and wasn't offered one. We went to a concert and weren't staying in the room long so the upgrade wasn't an issue. Our room had a king bed, sofa, desk and lots of room to move around. My only complaint about the room is this large oval lighted mirror. The oval is completely lit and it is like a flashlight shining in your face the entire time you are looking in the mirror. Free USA today and Wall Street Journal as well as a free bag of ice, as the ice machine was not working. Our breakfast was comped but the comp tickets weren't given to us upon check in. I asked at the front desk and they were given to me and we ate without issue. The breakfast costs $28.00 (for those paying) and consisted of hot eggs, potatoes and sausage. They had toast, fresh fruit (not the canned stuff) and assorted yogurts, pastries, etc. We had a server that brought juice and coffee. The room service is pricey as was the lounge where a beer is $13 or so. Overall, a great stay and within walking distance to nearly everything including Fenway Park.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
I completed a stay at this hotel on 7/22/18 and thought it was excellent. The hotel is very modern looking with an impressive lobby. Our room was on the 10th floor. I am a gold, didn't request and upgrade and wasn't offered one. We went to a concert and weren't staying in the room long so the upgrade wasn't an issue. Our room had a king bed, sofa, desk and lots of room to move around. My only complaint about the room is this large oval lighted mirror. The oval is completely lit and it is like a flashlight shining in your face the entire time you are looking in the mirror. Free USA today and Wall Street Journal as well as a free bag of ice, as the ice machine was not working. Our breakfast was comped but the comp tickets weren't given to us upon check in. I asked at the front desk and they were given to me and we ate without issue. The breakfast costs $28.00 (for those paying) and consisted of hot eggs, potatoes and sausage. They had toast, fresh fruit (not the canned stuff) and assorted yogurts, pastries, etc. We had a server that brought juice and coffee. The room service is pricey as was the lounge where a beer is $13 or so. Overall, a great stay and within walking distance to nearly everything including Fenway Park.
I've stayed here a few times over the past couple years. As a Diamond, I have never been offered an upgrade here.
You got free full breakfast as a Gold? That's surprising. In each of my stays, their policy for Diamond was free breakfast at EL, or $10 to upgrade to full breakfast buffet at the restaurant. I just stayed there less a couple months ago.

I agree that it's a nice hotel. Nice that they have a pool, even if it's really small. You have to stay on 15th floor or higher to be able to see Charles River from rooms on that side of the hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond | Delta: Gold | Marriott: Platinum | IHG: Platinum
My girlfriend and I are staying here in July for 5 nights (on points), then a 2-night trip down to Providence, RI, and then back up here for a night (weekend certificate) before heading back home. Diamond member here and looking forward to our visit. Sounds like a nice hotel. I was able to book a King Corner Room for the same amount of points as a regular King room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.