Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Skimanant

Will be using Amtrack- any nice stops (sure there are lots!) between Boston and New York>
Take your pick from New Haven, Hartford, Mystic, Newport, Providence, and let's not forget Cape Cod (which will be great in August but accomm. will be very expensive - book now for the Cape!).

I would rent a car rather than take the train.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Could you advise a typical rate for Boston and New York in a "cheaper" Hilton/ Doubletree? August time?
Boston > USD 300

NY > USD 200, cheap last minute rates during weekends though. Warning: NY will be full of tourists - I would stay away.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
can anyone advise how does Hilton Back Bay compare to DT Downtown and Hilton Downtown? I am Hilton Gold member traveling as a couple. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:19 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dedeson
can anyone advise how does Hilton Back Bay compare to DT Downtown and Hilton Downtown? I am Hilton Gold member traveling as a couple. Thanks.
That Back Bay Hilton is in a better location for restaurants. Depending on what you want to do for touristy stuff it may be better or worse. On street parking around the Back Bay Hilton is probably better. (Not to say that it is good.) It really depends on what you want.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:22 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Suites?

Does anyone know if this hotel has any actual suites?

I'm asking because my group is looking to put on an event there and we would need a suite for hospitality (even if we have to pay for it). I'm being told we would be comped a suite, but I can find no reference to suites on the website, etc. Something seems fishy.

Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Does anyone know if this hotel has any actual suites?

I'm asking because my group is looking to put on an event there and we would need a suite for hospitality (even if we have to pay for it). I'm being told we would be comped a suite, but I can find no reference to suites on the website, etc. Something seems fishy.

Thanks.
If you're putting on a group event wouldn't you be working with the sales office, and thus able to call and ask?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If you're putting on a group event wouldn't you be working with the sales office, and thus able to call and ask?
The OP said, "my group is looking to put on an event there" he may not be involved in the hotel contracting and a significant requirement is being overlooked by the contracting people. I recall reading somewhere in Flyertalk that this hotel does not have suites or very few.

So maybe not the Gotcha..
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:04 pm
stc

Originally Posted by arlflyer
"It's complicated."

I'm not working with the Sales Office myself. One of my volunteer staff are. I don't even know who they are talking to. This is for a 501c3 and I'm trying not to step on toes here.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by stc
"It's complicated."

I'm not working with the Sales Office myself. One of my volunteer staff are. I don't even know who they are talking to. This is for a 501c3 and I'm trying not to step on toes here.
Ugh, got it. Fun.

FWIW I looked at the hotel materials including their weddings brochure, and it did make a reference to "hospitality suites", so maybe there is something to it...
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:45 pm

This property has at least one suite...top floor. I've stayed in it.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Rookie question but it is standard for this hotel and other central Boston hotels to be booked out in mid July this far out from the date?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:35 pm

Hi all,

Is the breakfast still in the lounge with a small upcharge for the full breakfast for Diamond members?

Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
…Is the breakfast still in the lounge with a small upcharge for the full breakfast for Diamond members?
Yes, and the uncharge is still $10. However, the lounge breakfast was sufficient; eggs, bacon, sausage, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, fruits, decent breads and pastries, Starbucks coffee machine. Lounge attendant was very friendly and helpful. Evening buffet had a few hot items, chips and salsa, etc.

Originally Posted by dw
Have there been room renovations going on at the Back Bay property? My last stay there was 6 months ago... just made a reservation for next week and see that there are photos on the web site now depicting rooms I have not seen before. Not sure how many rooms have the new look, but it's definitely a step up.
Was here a couple of years ago and noted a few changes. Last time my room was generic brown and green (as seen in the website photos). This time was “upgraded” to a Superior room on the 23rd floor that was a more urbane silver and black which we found sophisticated and far more appealing. The clerk checking us in said this was a “newly renovated room” FWIW, while our assigned room on the 15th floor was not. The hallways were in the same style while lower floors were not.

Originally Posted by forextrader
...Bed is enormous and very very very comfy - big walk in shower (much prefer this than bathtub/shower), although somewhat lacking in water pressure...
Agree about the comfy beds. Shower pressure is adjustable. When I moved the switch to full blast it felt like I was in a hurricane. Water could also be set to very hot.

Originally Posted by kawoh
...The leisure facilities are far far FAR better at backbay - large large gym with good views (rather than a small gym in basement), with more equipment choices at backbay. Plus backbay has a pool and jacuzzi which FD lacks.

Oh and as for parking ... the backbay has it's own garage where you can do in/out and also leave very late...
Very nice fitness area, though the pool was way too small for lap swimming. The Jacuzzi was hot enough to be soothing. Parking was expensive but there wasn’t much around that was cheap enough to be worth the hassle of not being attached to the hotel, as easy access to the car and in/out privilege was nice.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend it as a fine basic Hilton option.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Just did a 2 night stay this week and overall a really nice experience. I booked a 2 night standard points booking using the lowest category dbl/dbl and was upgraded to a high floor king on the 24th floor. The hotel is 28 stories.

I was thinking this might be a downgrade from the Fanieul Hall Hilton, but the newly renovated rooms are very nice - very quiet and far better than a std Hilton king. The beds are very comfortable and these floors have obviously had a rip to the studs complete redo.

Service staff were uniformly helpful, especially the front desk staff and concierge who is very experienced in Boston.

I've not been to the DT Boston, but both Boston Hilton options are very solid and far better than average Hilton city properties.

There is a lot of resto/bar options. One gem we found was Lucca Back Bay, which is a short walk from the hotel. They serve until 1 am nightly and its a proper Italian restaurant.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:30 pm

Just stayed here. I'm Diamond. No upgrade, although the room was very nice and modern. Asked for 2pm checkout. Not granted. Had to push hard to get a 1pm. Lounge offerings are decent in the evening and in the morning. However, breakfast items were not replenished frequently enough. And disappointed that the lounge did not have espresso machine (just regular coffee or hot water for tea). $10 to upgrade to full breakfast buffet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.