Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Completed a weekend stay there.

No suite upgrade again. I was told I received a room upgrade, but not sure if I did other than being on a top floor.

Lounge is open 24/7 for water and soda, but they didn't have diet coke. They ran out and didn't get in a new shipment. They have a starbucks coffee machine that grinds the beans while you wait but they only have coffee and hot chocolate available, no lattee drinks.

The appetizers last night was a terrakyi chicken on a stick and tortilla chips with a couple different kinds of salsa and sour cream. Breakfast had bacon and sausage and scrambled eggs.

Something I have never seen before is that they give you a voucher for every day you are there to hand to the attendant at breakfast time allowing you and one guest to have breakfast. Lounge wasn't crowded at breakfast and I wonder if that is what one of the reasons why since someone can't bring in a large family or group of friends. Breakfast time was the only time you needed to have the voucher.

Good location. Convenient to a lot of places to eat and the Green and Orange T lines. I was told there was a $5 shuttle to Logan that runs a few times an hour from the Convention center but I just walked to the Mass. Avenue Orange line and took the T, only $2.65 and takes under an hour.

No problem getting a late checked out. I was told they give gold's a 1 to 2 p.m. checkout and diamonds 3 to 4, depending on how full they are.

I overheard someone complaining about how expensive parking was but I didn't have a car.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Was there for July 4th 2014 and the new lounge was in place, so it's been open for sometime now.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Completed a weekend stay there.

Good location. Convenient to a lot of places to eat and the Green and Orange T lines. I was told there was a $5 shuttle to Logan that runs a few times an hour from the Convention center but I just walked to the Mass. Avenue Orange line and took the T, only $2.65 and takes under an hour.
The Back Bay Logan Express stop is an easy walk (maybe 3-4 minutes at most) from the Hilton up Dalton to the front of the Convention Center. Runs on the :20's from 5 AM to 10 PM. Takes about 20 minutes to get to Logan, but I've only used it in the early morning (before 6). $5 - CREDIT CARD ONLY - no cash accepted (MBTA pass = free). Very convenient and much easier than the T if you've got baggage - the bus has luggage racks similar to the rental car busses.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BigJC
The Back Bay Logan Express stop is an easy walk (maybe 3-4 minutes at most) from the Hilton up Dalton to the front of the Convention Center. Runs on the :20's from 5 AM to 10 PM. Takes about 20 minutes to get to Logan, but I've only used it in the early morning (before 6). $5 - CREDIT CARD ONLY - no cash accepted (MBTA pass = free). Very convenient and much easier than the T if you've got baggage - the bus has luggage racks similar to the rental car busses.
Unfortunately I didn't find out about the $5 service until after I arrived at the airport. I wish the hotel would have told me about it. They told me if I didn't mind walking and since I didn't have a lot of luggage the T was the way to go. I would have rather paid the extra $2.35 and not dealt with having to switch trains and then making sure to get on the correct bus at the Airport T stop (they didn't warn me at the hotel that different busses went to different terminals).

I landed after 1 a.m. and it was a pain getting to the hotel. There is an $8.75 surcharge for Logan trips that also gets charged by Uber (my tolls and surcharges were more than the base fare). I tried several times to get Uber from Logan and kept getting the message no cars were available and try back and there was a long line at the taxi queues and not many taxis arriving. I finally was able to get an uber while waiting in the taxi queue.

If anyone is taking Uber X they have to wait in the limo area not the arrival lane (a Logan employee gave me bad info) and if anyone is on a late flight into logan I would recommend trying to arrange ground transportation in advance.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I landed after 1 a.m. and it was a pain getting to the hotel. There is an $8.75 surcharge for Logan trips that also gets charged by Uber (my tolls and surcharges were more than the base fare). I tried several times to get Uber from Logan and kept getting the message no cars were available and try back and there was a long line at the taxi queues and not many taxis arriving. I finally was able to get an uber while waiting in the taxi queue.
If your schedule permits next time you arrive at Logan you can pick up the SL1 bus to South Station T. There's no charge for the bus ride and no fare if you catch the T at South Station. Last pickup on weekdays is around 12:45 AM - later on Friday/Saturday. Seems like it takes forever especially at that late hour. It's just matter of do you drop forty bucks on a <10 minute, 3 mile cab ride to the Hilton BB or deal with at least an hour plus a walk if using the T for free. I usually arrive at Logan after the BB Express has stopped running for the night so I opt for the T and spending the forty bucks on oysters and Harpoon at the Summer Shack next door!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If your schedule permits next time you arrive at Logan you can pick up the SL1 bus to South Station T. There's no charge for the bus ride and no fare if you catch the T at South Station. Last pickup on weekdays is around 12:45 AM - later on Friday/Saturday. Seems like it takes forever especially at that late hour. It's just matter of do you drop forty bucks on a <10 minute, 3 mile cab ride to the Hilton BB or deal with at least an hour plus a walk if using the T for free. I usually arrive at Logan after the BB Express has stopped running for the night so I opt for the T and spending the forty bucks on oysters and Harpoon at the Summer Shack next door!
It was a ripoff for transportation but I didn't have a choice. The total uber far was around $28 and I tipped the guy $5 since he did put the luggage in his trunk and retrieve it and it was also late at night. $8.75 of that fare was for a logan surcharge and there was another toll on the breakdown. I was told a taxi is around $40 with tip. I have no issues with a small walk and an hour of my time to save that much money
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
First time to Hotel; I am a Gold Member

I am a HHonors Gold member - first time staying at the hotel.

I booked directly through hotel web site - for a few extra dollars, paid for a panoramic view.

I am a physician attending the American College of Physicians meeting - staying at hotel for 4 nights from this Wed. This is a conference hotel - but I did not book through the conference hotel booking site (where I might have paid a cheaper rate). Through the conference hotel booking site, the hotel is sold out at those discounted rates, but the hotel can still be booked directly through the Hilton.com web site.

I will be attending the conference at the Boston Convention Center - conference will provide frequent shuttle buses between hotel and convention centre.

I have scanned some of the more recent posts - nonetheless, here are my questions:

a) what is the taxi rate between Logan airport and the hotel (and back). I guess I can take an airporter bus? subway (light rapid transit) - what are the best options in terms of minimal time required between airport and hotel, and least cost (I realize the cheapest option may take the longest time).

b) I may or may not have a personal communication device. In this case, I may wish to use a PC - are PCs complimentary or not, when used at the business center?

c) the reservation says I will get a complimentary continental breakfast. I do see the link in this forum's thread suggests access to an intermediate breakfast in the lounge, if I get access to the lounge - and ? for $10 I would get a full breakfast in the restaurant?

d) will I get lounge access (when I was booking my room several months ago), I did not see a separate executive floor room rate?

e) What is the HHonors floor 17 all about?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I have scanned some of the more recent posts - nonetheless, here are my questions:

a) what is the taxi rate between Logan airport and the hotel (and back). I guess I can take an airporter bus? subway (light rapid transit) - what are the best options in terms of minimal time required between airport and hotel, and least cost (I realize the cheapest option may take the longest time).
Literally the post before yours and a series of posts preceding that.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Literally the post before yours and a series of posts preceding that.

Yes, I did see those posts, which respond to my transportation question.

Where do I find the bus stop at the Logan airport for the Back Bay Logan Express? I will be arriving on an Air Canada flight from Ottawa.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:33 pm

Yes, I did see those posts, which respond to my transportation question.

Where do I find the bus stop at the Logan airport for the Back Bay Logan Express? I will be arriving on an Air Canada flight from Ottawa.
AC will come right into terminal B. Gates B1-B3. You walk about 10 feet and you are out on the curb. Look for the general signs for Logan Express. All the different Logan Express buses stop there on the curb. The Back Bay one is scheduled every 20 minutes.

Terminal B Map.

Official bus website.

I can only imagine the rate you paid for this property! Boston hotels are always insane, and this one in particular has shown some jaw-dropping figures before.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
AC will come right into terminal B. Gates B1-B3. You walk about 10 feet and you are out on the curb. Look for the general signs for Logan Express. All the different Logan Express buses stop there on the curb. The Back Bay one is scheduled every 20 minutes.

Terminal B Map.

Official bus website.

I can only imagine the rate you paid for this property! Boston hotels are always insane, and this one in particular has shown some jaw-dropping figures before.
Thanks, for the information.

Now, I will wait for answers to my other questions.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
What is the HHonors floor 17 all about?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...=hhonors+floor
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:24 pm

Thanks, for the link to the other thread. It seems (from reading that thread) that in most hotels, the HHonors floor has few, if any additional amenities, to the regular floors.

The question is what, if any additional amenities are offered in the HHonors floor than with the regular floors in this hotel.

The question is whether there is a executive level floor in this hotel, separate from the HHonors floor.

The question is as a HHonors gold, will I get access to the lounge (not likely, unless I am upgraded to the HHonors executive floor).

The question is that as a HHonors gold member, what degree of complimentary or minimal cost breakfast do I get, with or without lounge access.

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:26 am

I am a HHonors Gold member - first time staying at the hotel.

I booked directly through hotel web site - for a few extra dollars, paid for a panoramic view.

I am a physician attending the American College of Physicians meeting - staying at hotel for 4 nights from this Wed. This is a conference hotel - but I did not book through the conference hotel booking site (where I might have paid a cheaper rate). Through the conference hotel booking site, the hotel is sold out at those discounted rates, but the hotel can still be booked directly through the Hilton.com web site.

I will be attending the conference at the Boston Convention Center - conference will provide frequent shuttle buses between hotel and convention centre.

b) I may or may not have a personal communication device. In this case, I may wish to use a PC - are PCs complimentary or not, when used at the business center?

c) the reservation says I will get a complimentary continental breakfast. I do see the link in this forum's thread suggests access to an intermediate breakfast in the lounge, if I get access to the lounge - and ? for $10 I would get a full breakfast in the restaurant?

d) will I get lounge access (when I was booking my room several months ago), I did not see a separate executive floor room rate?

e) What is the HHonors floor 17 all about?
A) Taxi will be in the $40 range.
B) "Business Center" is a bank of six or so computers set up in the lobby. No charge and no privacy.
C and D) you will get lounge access. Breakfast has your basic hot items along with the continental. You will get coupons at check in. It maybe be held in Forty Dalton if high demand. I've had breakfast there over Marathon weekend.
E) There is a placard when you get off the elevator that says "Honors Floor". That's it.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:24 am

A) Taxi will be in the $40 range.
B) "Business Center" is a bank of six or so computers set up in the lobby. No charge and no privacy.
C and D) you will get lounge access. Breakfast has your basic hot items along with the continental. You will get coupons at check in. It maybe be held in Forty Dalton if high demand. I've had breakfast there over Marathon weekend.
E) There is a placard when you get off the elevator that says "Honors Floor". That's it.
Thanks.

PS-any PC computers in the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.