Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 6:45 am

Smile Executive/Diamond Lounge access for Back Bay Hilton?

Hi Zap and others,

I am hoping to get the Hilton Surpass card later this year and plan to stay at the Back Bay Hilton in November.

Zap, did I understand you correctly that they have an executive/diamond lounge? I did not see this on their website. You mentioned that you are gold and you still received access. Is this true for others who are gold/diamond? Is the lounge similar to other hilton exec lounges?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Lounge at Back Bay?

Originally Posted by zaf
A follow up.

So I emailed the GM again saying that my flight will arrive very early in the morning and that I am expecting to be at the hotel just after 9 am.
GM replied saying that the hotel is fully booked the night before but that they will do the best they can to accommodate me asap.
To my luck I finished off at the airport pretty early and arrived at the hotel just after 8 am.
Upon check in, I was told that the room wasn't available and they are speculating are 11 or so. But I was given breakfast voucher and was told where the diamond lounge was and was give the free Internet access code for gold and diamond.
To my good surprise the hotel called me on my cell about 20 to 30 min later saying that my room is ready.
This only means that the GM really arranged things around to accommodate me at 9 am. I was up in my room before 9. I was also given a welcome letter from the hotel management alongside the diamond lounge breakfast vouchers.

A1 service by Hilton back bay.
I am heading back to Boston on Friday. In my past trips to Hilton, there was no exective lounge but I am aware that renovations have been done there. Based upon the above post, am I to understand that they now have an executive lounge? Can someone confirm.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by donnak:16660796
Originally Posted by zaf
A follow up.

So I emailed the GM again saying that my flight will arrive very early in the morning and that I am expecting to be at the hotel just after 9 am.
GM replied saying that the hotel is fully booked the night before but that they will do the best they can to accommodate me asap.
To my luck I finished off at the airport pretty early and arrived at the hotel just after 8 am.
Upon check in, I was told that the room wasn't available and they are speculating are 11 or so. But I was given breakfast voucher and was told where the diamond lounge was and was give the free Internet access code for gold and diamond.
To my good surprise the hotel called me on my cell about 20 to 30 min later saying that my room is ready.
This only means that the GM really arranged things around to accommodate me at 9 am. I was up in my room before 9. I was also given a welcome letter from the hotel management alongside the diamond lounge breakfast vouchers.

A1 service by Hilton back bay.
I am heading back to Boston on Friday. In my past trips to Hilton, there was no exective lounge but I am aware that renovations have been done there. Based upon the above post, am I to understand that they now have an executive lounge? Can someone confirm.
I stayed here back in late May and didn't find an executive lounge. The Hilton @ Logan Airport does have a lounge.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:51 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mr27
I stayed here back in late May and didn't find an executive lounge. The Hilton @ Logan Airport does have a lounge.
I think it is the only Hilton in BOS with a lounge.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 10:22 pm

It doesn't have a lounge but there is an area for breakfast for gold/diamonds; you need to get the certificate though based on your profile preferences, or else they don't let you in.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:15 am

Hi EggSS4,

Do you mean to select the upgrade/breakfast option (vs points) in the My Way part of your Hilton Honors account online? Do you receive a certificate at the hotel front desk or do you print one off somewhere?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:28 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by jgallag
Hi EggSS4,

Do you mean to select the upgrade/breakfast option (vs points) in the My Way part of your Hilton Honors account online? Do you receive a certificate at the hotel front desk or do you print one off somewhere?

Thanks!
Yes select room upgrade as your MyWay preference. You will then get vouchers for the breakfast in its own area called the Diamond lounge. At the restaurant's entrance, turn left at the main desk, and you will then enter the Diamond lounge. During my March visit, Eddie worked this area and also doubled as a concierge to the lounge. He is a great guy and provides good info. Upon customer request, the lounge can even cook egg whites for you as part of your breakfast at no extra charge. The lounge breakfast is quite good here unlike some domestic Hiltons where they provide cheap cold cereal and not much else. Enjoy your stay here. The staff is great and the hotel's location is great in the Back Bay.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by jgallag
Hi EggSS4,

Thanks!
Correct - I had 1000 bonus points per stay selected as my benefit, and they didn't give me the breakfast coupons (once they did and once they didn't...depends on who the agent is, I guess).
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:45 am

Thanks ChitownFlyer and EggSS4!! I appreciate the advice. Myway preferences are set and hope for a great stay in Boston!

jgallag
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Encouraged by the comments in this thread - just booked a three night points stay here for next month. It was a bit higher, pointwise, than some other properties, but looks like the right choice for both location and service.

Hopefully, since I'm taking my family on this business trip, we can get some Diamond-love for a larger suite...

Look forward to seeing Boston - haven't been there for years and it's the little Deathmerchants & the wife's first time to New England.

TDM
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:36 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Encouraged by the comments in this thread - just booked a three night points stay here for next month. It was a bit higher, pointwise, than some other properties, but looks like the right choice for both location and service.

Hopefully, since I'm taking my family on this business trip, we can get some Diamond-love for a larger suite...

Look forward to seeing Boston - haven't been there for years and it's the little Deathmerchants & the wife's first time to New England.

TDM
The Back Bay Hilton does NOt have suites, just regular rooms. I would recommend the Hilton Financial District if having a suite is a neccesity for you. The Back Bay Hilton has a better location and good staff, but the Financial District Hilton has larger rooms and suites. Read the reviews on tripadvisor to get an idea of the two hotels.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
The Back Bay Hilton does NOT have suites, just regular rooms. I would recommend the Hilton Financial District if having a suite is a neccesity for you. The Back Bay Hilton has a better location and good staff, but the Financial District Hilton has larger rooms and suites. Read the reviews on tripadvisor to get an idea of the two hotels.

Appreciate the heads-up - when you say "better location" if you're talking sightseeing, the FD sounds like it's walking distance to Faneuil hall and the Freedom Trail stuff... I don't care about Fenway, as I'm not going to a game - what did you have in mind when you mentioned location?

I *did* read Tripadvisor - Back Bay wins, FD sounds a good bit run down from the Tripadvisor posts, many reports of broken amenities, etc., but... looking at the googlemap, I'm quite torn that I might have made the better hotel/worse location choice with Back Bay. As I mentioned, bringing wife and two pre-teen kidlets with me, they've never been to Boston, and it's been a few years since I've been, so I'm catching up on the what-to-do-with-family Boston angle via web. I could change properties, but still researching what would make a good family sightseeing trip this go-round.

Thanks for anyone's Boston interjections into the thread!

TDM
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Appreciate the heads-up - when you say "better location" if you're talking sightseeing, the FD sounds like it's walking distance to Faneuil hall and the Freedom Trail stuff... I don't care about Fenway, as I'm not going to a game - what did you have in mind when you mentioned location?

I *did* read Tripadvisor - Back Bay wins, FD sounds a good bit run down from the Tripadvisor posts, many reports of broken amenities, etc., but... looking at the googlemap, I'm quite torn that I might have made the better hotel/worse location choice with Back Bay. As I mentioned, bringing wife and two pre-teen kidlets with me, they've never been to Boston, and it's been a few years since I've been, so I'm catching up on the what-to-do-with-family Boston angle via web. I could change properties, but still researching what would make a good family sightseeing trip this go-round.

Thanks for anyone's Boston interjections into the thread!

TDM
Boston is a very compact city. Everything is just a short "T" (subway) ride away. You should be able to access Back Bay Station.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:00 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
You have it all here in a nutshell. Both have good access to the T (the only way to travel). Best to buy a 7 day pass for $15. Otherwise $2 per ride on a Charlie card.

All you say about the FD is true. But I think the location is far superior. The gym is much better at BB, and it has a pool (may be relevant for kids).

Rooms are noisy at BB - you can hear doors crash, toilets flush, young adults.......

Enjoy.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Appreciate the heads-up - when you say "better location" if you're talking sightseeing, the FD sounds like it's walking distance to Faneuil hall and the Freedom Trail stuff... I don't care about Fenway,

TDM
Don't care about Fenway!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.