Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
a) what is the taxi rate between Logan airport and the hotel (and back). I guess I can take an airporter bus? subway (light rapid transit) - what are the best options in terms of minimal time required between airport and hotel, and least cost (I realize the cheapest option may take the longest time).
As stated earlier, taxi is about $40.00. Subway is $2.10 - $3.00, safer (with a better Governor in office), secure, and efficiently fast. Concierge can show you the subway - bus option.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I will probably take the Back Bay Logan Express for $5.

It is an express bus, or does it make stops on the way.

When it stops near the hotel - is the stop within 1 block of the hotel - ie can one see the hotel from the bus stop?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:15 pm

When it stops near the hotel - is the stop within 1 block of the hotel - ie can one see the hotel from the bus stop?
I looked it up for you at the following link:
https://www.massport.com/logan-airpo...ress/back-bay/

Yeah, when you leave the hotel, walk up toward Boylston Street ('bout 40 meters), turn right, Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston Street (opposite Gloucester Street) is where you want to go about 100 meters. I never took it, but thanks for letting me know 'bout it. It says it makes one stop, but Copley Square is just down the street.....no biggie at all.

I agree, take this instead the Subway. LOL
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:42 am

It is an express bus, or does it make stops on the way.

The bus will stop at each terminal. First stop after leaving the airport is Hynes. You can't actually see the hotel from the bus stop but Google Maps has it at .2 mile/4 min walk. The bus will pass by the Hilton on Dalton, turn right on Boylston and pull in to the Convention Center and you can backtrack from there. Very easy.

Quote:Thanks. PS-any PC computers in the lounge?
I never noticed any but have only used the lounge twice since they remodeled it.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:17 am

Problems with reservation at Hilton Boston Back Bay

Background: Qualified for the Boston Marathon, made reservations through an agent, then did best rate guarantee.

When I made the BRG reservation through Hilton, I deselected "Advanced Purchase."

The fine print on the reservation says, "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $2,443.51 USD which will be charged to your card. If you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is non-refundable.

If you use a debit/credit card to check in, a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check-out and such hold may not be released for 72 hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer.
"

The BRG price is significantly less that the amount stated in the fine print.

What does "a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount" mean to you? That you will be charged the full amount now -- eight months prior to you stay? Which full amount? That this amount will be listed as "pending" on your credit card?

To me, this a hold means that they either have your card on file or similar. The full anticipated amount is the BRG rate. None of the management of the hotel has not returned calls and when we have had them on the phone, they have been less than friendly.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by jmkizer
What does "a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount" mean to you? That you will be charged the full amount now -- eight months prior to you stay? Which full amount? That this amount will be listed as "pending" on your credit card?
A hold is the amount for the room after the rate. If you just spent a non-refundable $2,443.51 USD, then (let's assume) the hold for the use of the room is $500.00. That would be additional to the amount of credit you have. After your stay and you check out with a receipt, that $500.00 would be released back. Like renting a car, same philosophy.

I wouldn't spend $2,443.51 USD as an "Advanced Purchase" rate for anything. A hotel, if nice, can cancel that rate and return your cash, even if it is non-refundable,
depending on how nice the "Faulty Towers" staff is.

If it were a hotel in Japan, and you contacted them, it would be likely the individual hotel would refund the non-refundable.
If it were Boston, the land of the monsters, forget it.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The first part of the fine prints reflects an ADP rate where the full amount will be charged now/prior to check-in.

When the hotel decides to charge the amount (it is entirely up to the hotel when this happens) it will be as a full (completed) charge rather than a hold/pending/reserved/blocked amount.

The second part is the usual wording reflecting that an estimated amount for incidentals etc will be reserved/blocked on whatever credit card you hand over at check-in. It is entirely up to the hotel to set this amount and it i.a. depends on the length of your stay. Upon check-out the unsued part of it will be released.

I understand that the new BRG rate is significantly less than $2,443.51. If $2,443.51 is charged to your credit card now, I would contact/write to the hotel and ask them to adjust the rate and make a refund as your BRG rate is less than this amount charged. The ultimate remedy is to dispute the charge with your credit card issuer but then the hotel will cancel your reservation for sure - I assume that this is not what you want.

There is no reason to pursue this now when no charge has been made. If the incorrect amount is charged to your credit card, you should complain as outlined above.

Last edited by SK AAR; Aug 4, 2015 at 2:20 am
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR

I understand that the new BRG rate is significantly less than $2,443.51. If $2,443.51 is charged to your credit card now, I would contact/write to the hotel and ask them to adjust the rate and make a refund as your BRG rate is less than this amount charged. The ultimate remedy is to dispute the charge with your credit card issuer but then the hotel will cancel your reservation for sure - I assume that this is not what you want.

There is no reason to pursue this now when no charge has been made. If the incorrect amount is charged to your credit card, you should complain as outlined above.
The Hilton Back Bay will definitely charge your card the entire amount of the stay within 24 hours of making the reservations. I stayed here before on a pre-paid rate and they charged my card about 6 hours later and the stay wasn't for 3 months. You will have to request a refund from the hotel after your BRG has been approved.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:06 am

Thanks for the advice!
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just booked a 2N C+P stay here for a convention next month. Have not seen any reports on the post-renovation rooms. Hopefully they are better than what was reported in the first few posts about 15+ years ago! As a Silver not expecting much in the way of upgrades... just a quiet room.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just booked a 2N C+P stay here for a convention next month. Have not seen any reports on the post-renovation rooms. Hopefully they are better than what was reported in the first few posts about 15+ years ago! As a Silver not expecting much in the way of upgrades... just a quiet room.
The rooms are OK. In fact as most N. American hotel rooms come; nothing new or fancy for sure.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Just after some advice from regulars.

Hoping to visit next summer- August. I know prices will be higher. Am I better booking now or waiting for the sale do you think, prices are $110 upwards at the moment.

Will be using Amtrack- any nice stops (sure there are lots!) between Boston and New York>
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Just after some advice from regulars.

Hoping to visit next summer- August. I know prices will be higher. Am I better booking now or waiting for the sale do you think, prices are $110 upwards at the moment.

Will be using Amtrack- any nice stops (sure there are lots!) between Boston and New York>
I'm looking to being there in the same period next year. Where are you seeing prices of $110?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can book a room at USD 110/nt - grab it now!! That is very very reasonable for Boston. I doubt you will get a lower rate later at this property.

Anyway, often US Hiltons hotels are excluded from the sale/promotions.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Could you advise a typical rate for Boston and New York in a "cheaper" Hilton/ Doubletree? August time?
I know that's a bit tricky, and as long as a piece of string, but trying to gauge the trip cost, excluding airfare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.