Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by ndrew1
My girlfriend and I are staying here in July for 5 nights (on points), then a 2-night trip down to Providence, RI, and then back up here for a night (weekend certificate) before heading back home. Diamond member here and looking forward to our visit. Sounds like a nice hotel. I was able to book a King Corner Room for the same amount of points as a regular King room.
We did a 5-night award stay in a king corner room recently. I was able to select a room on a high floor with river view using online check-in the day before. FYI corner rooms ending in 05 on high floors have a river view while rooms ending in 17 have a city view. I don't know what views are available from other corner rooms.

Diamonds currently get breakfast in the Diamond Lounge M-F and the full buffet in the restaurant with no upcharge on weekends. We were able to order omelets in the restaurant on weekend days at no extra charge. The Lounge is open 24/7 for water, soda, juice, milk and light snacks. Some of this differs from prior reviews in this thread so their policies may change from time to time.

Hope you have a nice stay.

ETA: During our stay we had a fire alarm one evening that got us out of bed and struggling a bit to understand the instructions coming over their PA system. We eventually got an all clear message and went back to bed. The next morning I found a letter under our door apologizing for the inconvenience and saying that 2000 points would be added to my account as a customer service gesture. Nice that they thought of that. But after the stay when the 2000 points didn't post to my account I emailed the person who listed their contact info on the letter. After 3 emails with no response I figured that they weren't going to follow through and decided to drop it. Just a heads up that this place may have some customer service issues.
Note: I did eventually get a response to my emails and the 2000 points did post. Makes me feel better about the hotel.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jun 30, 2019 at 4:11 pm Reason: Add info regarding missing points
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond | Delta: Gold | Marriott: Platinum | IHG: Platinum
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
We did a 5-night award stay in a king corner room recently. I was able to select a room on a high floor with river view using online check-in the day before. FYI corner rooms ending in 05 on high floors have a river view while rooms ending in 17 have a city view. I don't know what views are available from other corner rooms.

Diamonds currently get breakfast in the Diamond Lounge M-F and the full buffet in the restaurant with no upcharge on weekends. We were able to order omelets in the restaurant on weekend days at no extra charge. The Lounge is open 24/7 for water, soda, juice, milk and light snacks. Some of this differs from prior reviews in this thread so their policies may change from time to time.

Hope you have a nice stay.
Thanks for the review and the tips on river view rooms. That's great about the restaurant on weekends (we are there Friday-Wednesday and then the following Friday night) and that the lounge is open 24/7 if we wanted to grab a water.
Westcoaster likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Will stay here next week on conference rate. Today while checking my reservation I notice something that was not present in the original reservation:

"Daily Mandatory Urban Destination Charge will be added to the room rate and include: Premium guest internet access; daily $20 food and beverage credit for use in all hotel outlets (excluding Corner Pantry); daily $10 self-parking credit."

Oh, and although I won't drive, the daily parking fee was raised from $50 in the original confirmation email to $56. Granted I am not spending my own dime, but this is a terrible look on the hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bearchemist
Will stay here next week on conference rate. Today while checking my reservation I notice something that was not present in the original reservation:

"Daily Mandatory Urban Destination Charge will be added to the room rate and include: Premium guest internet access; daily $20 food and beverage credit for use in all hotel outlets (excluding Corner Pantry); daily $10 self-parking credit."

Oh, and although I won't drive, the daily parking fee was raised from $50 in the original confirmation email to $56. Granted I am not spending my own dime, but this is a terrible look on the hotel.
"Ah, you're here for the Daily MUD!"

David
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:53 pm

When I do a dummy booking now, the same disclosure appears atop the room selection page, but I am pretty sure this wasn't the case two months ago when I made the reservation. Nor does this appear in the confirmation email, so I reckon this is a relatively new enhancement at Back Bay.

I will wait till check-in or check-out to see if they really put this destination fee into the folio, even though it was not introduced when I made the reservation.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:29 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bearchemist
When I do a dummy booking now, the same disclosure appears atop the room selection page, but I am pretty sure this wasn't the case two months ago when I made the reservation. Nor does this appear in the confirmation email, so I reckon this is a relatively new enhancement at Back Bay.

I will wait till check-in or check-out to see if they really put this destination fee into the folio, even though it was not introduced when I made the reservation.
This is a really sleazy hotel and I would not put anything past them. We had lots of problems during a convention we ran in December 2017 or so and the members staying at the hotel for the convention also had a bunch of problems (at least one of which had to be refunded by Hilton Corporate).
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:16 am

For a Diamond staying one Sunday night, which is best: Hilton Back Bay, Hilton Downtown Faneuil Hall (I stayed there when it was called Hilton Financial District and was not impressed) or Hilton Logan Airport?

I will be using a free weekend night certificate, if it matters.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
For a Diamond staying one Sunday night, which is best: Hilton Back Bay, Hilton Downtown Faneuil Hall (I stayed there when it was called Hilton Financial District and was not impressed) or Hilton Logan Airport?

Knowing the intended purpose of the stay and any relevant context would be helpful. The answer is likely to be different if you're getting in late on a flight from Europe and laying over before an early-AM connection versus wrapping up a leisure trip where you'll be spending all Sunday in the city.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Knowing the intended purpose of the stay and any relevant context would be helpful. The answer is likely to be different if you're getting in late on a flight from Europe and laying over before an early-AM connection versus wrapping up a leisure trip where you'll be spending all Sunday in the city.
It's an overnight arriving early Sunday evening and departing 24 hours later.

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Back Bay and loved the area, but was wondering if any of the three hotels provides outstanding benefits for Diamond members.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:28 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by michael_v

sorry for the delayed response. Real life has been busy.

especially if you like the location of the Sheriston , I would suggest the Bac Bay Hilton. I believe it also has the best lounge and breakfast for diamond members of the hotels you mention.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:52 am

Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any stays post-Covid? This hotel doesn’t appear to even have a lounge anymore
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Any stays post-Covid? This hotel doesn’t appear to even have a lounge anymore
I spent two nights there back in June. Lounge closed and no Diamond breakfast benefit offered. Hotel charges a $20 “urban destination fee,” which it returns to you in the form of a dining credit, which you can use to buy breakfast sandwiches or evening drinks from the hotel bar.

The WiFi did not work in the hotel during my stay, which was especially frustrating. The staff were unhelpful and simply referred me to Hilton customer service.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
Hotel charges a $20 “urban destination fee,” which it returns to you in the form of a dining credit, which you can use to buy breakfast sandwiches or evening drinks from the hotel bar..
Sounds like a good enough reason to never stay at this hotel.
DC9 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thanks for the reply; boy has Hilton domestically gone straight down the gutter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.