FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:43 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I heard a very disturbing story about this hotel over the weekend from a colleague from out of town who is not on FT. We were hosting an event there last December (2017) with about 100+ people and 200+ room nights. The colleague stayed at the hotel. After he and his wife had checked out he received a credit card charge from the hotel for damages. Upon querying the hotel, he was told they damaged the mattress but there were no pictures and no documentation and the mattress had already been replaced. He denies this. Given he and his wife are in their 60s, and not party animals, I fully believe him. Rather than complaining to the credit card company he complained to Hilton Corporate and Corporate eventually sent him a check for the full amount that he was charged for the damages by the hotel.

We had already decided never to hold another event at this hotel (Hilton Boston Back Bay) for other reasons. But, I wanted to warn people to be very careful about this hotel.

Last edited by stc; Sep 16, 2018 at 11:34 am