Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond Status not honored.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Diamond Status not honored.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by DC9
Didn’t I read where the HH Ambassador (William?) had left the building back a while? Maybe we have a new one?
I believe you are correct (regarding William). The account now appears to be maintained by unnamed individual(s).
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:57 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by twitch76
I believe you are correct (regarding William). The account now appears to be maintained by unnamed individual(s).
Ah. I wonder how that will turn out.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:24 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1cairobeller
According to Hilton Customer Service, individual Hotels decide which MyWay benefits will be honored.
This is nonsense.

Did you communication with Hilton Customer Service by email or phone? If by phone I would try email, write up your experience, be specific about the issue that they have a restaurant on-site but refused to honor the food/beverage credit. (One thing not clear to me from your messages, did the restaurant allow for room charges, you mention cash/credit).
DC9 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:28 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JumboJetPilot
What annoys me is that my company uses "Hotel Connections, Inc." to book our hotel rooms. I'm in hotels about 330 nights per year. I don't receive any points or stay credits and this most definitely annoys me! I have to live my life out on the road and I get no benefits from the hotel chains for it.
I understand your frustration, my understanding is that this is pretty much standard though for people in your line of work, airlines (passenger and cargo) get guaranteed availability at relatively low rates, even during peak times (e.g., even during the superbowl airlines get their hotel rooms for crew at the same negotiated rate), and its negotiated that the rooms do not get loyalty benefits.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by 1cairobeller
Yes…I was told I could pay at restaurant & bar with cash/credit card but I would not receive the food/drink credit upon checking-out.
Maybe they are confused about how to implement the change to food/drink credit from free breakfast that was supposed to start early July? Free Breakfast is no longer an option for Diamonds at DoubleTree in 2021 according to an email I received as well as this post but you are supposed to get credit and the points as a diamond...
Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021 - FlyerTalk Forums
Not sure if that's because of COVID or not. They said that they got feedback about people wanting more flexibility. I'm annoyed that free breakfast is gone. I can't get breakfast for the amount they are providing for credit.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JumboJetPilot
What annoys me is that my company uses "Hotel Connections, Inc." to book our hotel rooms. I'm in hotels about 330 nights per year. I don't receive any points or stay credits and this most definitely annoys me! I have to live my life out on the road and I get no benefits from the hotel chains for it.
Do you pay for the room, with a corporate or personal credit card or are the rooms paid directly by the company? If directly paid by the company there are no benefits as you are not paying for the room, even if get reimbursed for your spending. If your company is paying directly with negotiated rates won't get any credit. You should talk to your travel department about it.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.