Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond Status not honored.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Diamond Status not honored.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Hilton will not honor your status if you did not book directly with Hilton. How did you make the reservation?
This isn't always true. I recently completed a stay at the Narita Airport Hilton in Japan which I had to book through my corporate travel agency. The hotel recognized my Diamond status when I checked in, upgraded me to a high floor queen deluxe room, and I received the Diamond MyWay 1000 point bonus plus the Diamond Elite 100 percent bonus. I received a free drink coupon, a free continental breakfast, and 25 percent off dining at the only hotel restaurant which was open.
Thysk and 1cairobeller like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by auandagbug
This isn't always true. I recently completed a stay at the Narita Airport Hilton in Japan which I had to book through my corporate travel agency. The hotel recognized my Diamond status when I checked in, upgraded me to a high floor queen deluxe room, and I received the Diamond MyWay 1000 point bonus plus the Diamond Elite 100 percent bonus. I received a free drink coupon, a free continental breakfast, and 25 percent off dining at the only hotel restaurant which was open.
Corporate travel agency bookings retain status perks. Bookings through online travel agents such as Expedia do not. It is all in the terms and conditions.
ORDnHKG, Cymro and 1cairobeller like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Truffles
Corporate travel agency bookings retain status perks. Bookings through online travel agents such as Expedia do not. It is all in the terms and conditions.
I don't understand why you persist with this. Nobody here is claiming to book with OTAs, OP used Hilton app.

Also, to the previous poster, Hilton benefits tend to be different between a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hilton. I don't expect much if anything from a HGI when gold.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by Smid
I don't understand why you persist with this. Nobody here is claiming to book with OTAs, OP used Hilton app. <snip>
I believe Truffles is replying to auandagbug, who mentioned a counter example where he did NOT book directly with Hilton and still got benefits.
Smid likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by smartytravel
that sounds hypocritical.

So breakfast, as part of the diamond benefit, is not available because “covid”. But when paying with cash, it is available?

Yes…I was told I could pay at restaurant & bar with cash/credit card but I would not receive the food/drink credit upon checking-out.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by 1cairobeller
Yes…I was told I could pay at restaurant & bar with cash/credit card but I would not receive the food/drink credit upon checking-out.
Definitely send a complaint to Hilton with details on your stay. Report back.
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Can you bill it to your room?

If you pay cash/card directly to the restaurant, there is no way for the credit to apply at that point.

Can you bill items to your room from the pantry/shop?
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: All of them.
What annoys me is that my company uses "Hotel Connections, Inc." to book our hotel rooms. I'm in hotels about 330 nights per year. I don't receive any points or stay credits and this most definitely annoys me! I have to live my life out on the road and I get no benefits from the hotel chains for it.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Your company may have a central account collecting employee’s points and using them for your business reservations.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Any update on how this ultimately played out?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:09 am
Original Poster

According to Hilton Customer Service, individual Hotels decide which MyWay benefits will be honored. Sadly, HHonors app is not up-to-date for each hotel.
I’ve found calling hotel directly (as suggested by another responder to this thread) and asking about Benefits before making reservation is best way to decide which hotel to book. Have experienced great room upgrades this way.
polinka likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
This used to be a go-to property for me but since Covid, I would say AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I feel the OP's pain with them. I DID get "breakfast benefits" (stayed a month ago), but it was essentially $12 for a coffee and granola bar and tiny yogurt. And they hadn't cleaned the place since pre-Covid (I had bugs, food, and child's toys in my room). Worst of all, it smelled like raw sewage in the hallway from the chicken juice spilling off the carts by the kitchen (which they made worse by spraying lemon something instead of ripping out carpets).

To answer the question, though, I would agree with the poster who said just charge it to the room then find a different front desk agent. All else fails then go to your CC to correct the charges (or call the Hilton Diamond desk, even though they haven't been that helpful for me lately).
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:57 am

I would agree with the previous poster who suggests trying to engage with the FT Hilton Honors Ambassador. He/she seems to have been active recently. Perhaps they can clarify what is/is not a legitimate action by the hotel to deny benefit choices.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:46 am

According to Hilton Customer Service, individual Hotels decide which MyWay benefits will be honored. Sadly, HHonors app is not up-to-date for each hotel.
I’ve found calling hotel directly (as suggested by another responder to this thread) and asking about Benefits before making reservation is best way to decide which hotel to book. Have experienced great room upgrades this way.
Thanks for following up and letting us know. I was already disappointed in the benefit change. However, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in your report that a hotel has simply been allowed to go rogue and operate outside the advertised benefits. The response from Hilton CS further demonstrates a real breakdown in communication and brand standards. Frankly, the agent who told you that is wrong. If hotels can just decide willy-nilly which benefits they will honor, then there's no point in a rewards program.

It's probably not worth any more of your time or stress... but I really wish that Hilton Honors Ambassador would chase this down for you. Assuming that all is as you have described (and I believe your account to be true), neither the hotel nor HH Customer Service have correctly applied the benefit program or acted in a manner consistent with the Hilton brand.

At minimum, you should be due a refund of any expenses that you incurred (up to the stated benefit). Additionally, you should receive an additional CS Gesture to cover any benefit that you didn't use once you learned the hotel wasn't honoring the benefit, and lastly, you should receive an additional CS gesture for your time and energy spent on this. It's simply absurd that you have been treated in this way.
Properties Guy, Cymro, :D! and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:09 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Didn’t I read where the HH Ambassador (William?) had left the building back a while? Maybe we have a new one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.