Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond Status not honored.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton

I booked two nights DoubleTree by Hilton Boston - Bedford Glen, 1BR Suite.
Front desk staff member refused to honor free breakfast and $12-$15 food/drink credit even though their restaurant is open and serves breakfast. Their bar also serves light meals such as sandwiches. I was told I would receive 1,000 points instead….which is not my choice.
Anyone else experienced a Hilton property refusal to honor Hilton status?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hilton will not honor your status if you did not book directly with Hilton. How did you make the reservation?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Honors

The reservation was made on Hilton app.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:17 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Charge food/breakfast to your room and try and find a more intelligent front desk agent, try messaging the hotel through the app to fix the issue.
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The hotel failed to provide your benefits correctly. Perhaps the hotel thought that your status is Gold, not Diamond.
Gold gets 1000 points or food credit, depending on what you choose on the web site as your My Way benefit..
Diamond gets both - 1000 points and the food credit.
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help.
I explained to front desk agent about Diamond status but he blew me off…said they don’t offer free breakfast or meal credit for any status and that I could buy food and drinks in the bar or restaurant.
All My Way benefits are marked Breakfast /Food & beverage credit/Water/Upgrade Room.
The other four Hilton’s we’ve stayed this trip have honored Diamond status correctly.
I messaged hotel on app and FB messenger but no response. Message HHonors Customer Service and no response. I’ll call HHonors customer service.

Thank you again for all your quick responses and advice.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Back in memorial day weekend some other hotels had the same response, my way points only. Calling the hotel ahead made it easy to decie where to stay and get benefits.
ceebee100 and 1cairobeller like this.

Last edited by ovacikar; Jul 20, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by 1cairobeller
Thank you all for your help.
I explained to front desk agent about Diamond status but he blew me off…said they don’t offer free breakfast or meal credit for any status and that I could buy food and drinks in the bar or restaurant.
All My Way benefits are marked Breakfast /Food & beverage credit/Water/Upgrade Room.
The other four Hilton’s we’ve stayed this trip have honored Diamond status correctly.
I messaged hotel on app and FB messenger but no response. Message HHonors Customer Service and no response. I’ll call HHonors customer service.

Thank you again for all your quick responses and advice.
Tweet Hilton support, and if you're up for it complain to the manager directly.
1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Assuming you booked through Hilton and have selected the appropriate MyWay benefit, that is simply unacceptable.

Please keep us posted. You shouldn’t have to stress about this while traveling. IMO, at this point the hotel needs to honor the advertised benefit, and HH customer care should give you an additional customer service gesture for your troubles.

You should call the diamond desk and email customer care.

Maybe Hilton Honors Ambassador can intervene on your behalf.
Leonvomp and 1cairobeller like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
It does say right on their website that breakfast is currently not available.

1cairobeller likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Finkface
It does say right on their website that breakfast is currently not available.
OP says restaurant is open and breakfast is available.
Thysk and 1cairobeller like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by DiverDave
OP says restaurant is open and breakfast is available.
Not disputing that. Was just showing that it said on their website that breakfast is currently not available.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Website says their restaurant, Sora, is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Not disputing that. Was just showing that it said on their website that breakfast is currently not available.

that sounds hypocritical.

So breakfast, as part of the diamond benefit, is not available because “covid”. But when paying with cash, it is available?
VRFast likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 1cairobeller
I booked two nights DoubleTree by Hilton Boston - Bedford Glen, 1BR Suite.
Front desk staff member refused to honor free breakfast and $12-$15 food/drink credit even though their restaurant is open and serves breakfast. Their bar also serves light meals such as sandwiches. I was told I would receive 1,000 points instead….which is not my choice.
Anyone else experienced a Hilton property refusal to honor Hilton status?
Same scenario happened to me at the Anchorage HGI last summer. I was told prior to arrival that the restaurant was serving, but in fact it was open only for full pay guests -- I would have to settle for points. When I complained to the one person who appeared to be managing the floor, he apologized and disclosed that he was a longtime Hilton employee who recently arrived in Anchorage and found the whole operation not up to Hilton standards. He went to the kitchen and ordered our breakfasts to go. No charge. After all that, the food was inedible. We took a few bites, threw the rest away, and made a beeline for the Fire Island Bakery.
1cairobeller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.