Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
$15k spending on the biz card gets you a free wknd cert.
That's for the first one correct? Aspire gets 1 every year with no spend. The 60k is for the 2nd one. From what I see on the business ones it's 15k spend for 1, 60k (45k additional) for the second.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Stickboy46
That's for the first one correct? Aspire gets 1 every year with no spend. The 60k is for the 2nd one. From what I see on the business ones it's 15k spend for 1, 60k (45k additional) for the second.
Yep, that's correct.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You have between now and September to figure it out - is there anyplace in North Carolina or anywhere you could take a weekend? Or suck it up and eat a meal at the place you dislike in Pensacola? I have no trouble blowing through 2 resort credits every year, so I'm always surprised when this is such an issue.
Do you use both resort credits on one stay? I have two Aspire cards, and an upcoming resort stay. If I split the payment at checkout, will both charges trigger the statement credit from Amex?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by George M
Do you use both resort credits on one stay? I have two Aspire cards, and an upcoming resort stay. If I split the payment at checkout, will both charges trigger the statement credit from Amex?
I will be (first year having 2 aspire cards). But I plan on going to the front desk and closing out the folio once I hit the spend on one card just in case they charge the whole thing to one card at the end (which happened to me once when trying to use 2 amex sync offers on 2 different cards).
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:48 am

I will be (first year having 2 aspire cards). But I plan on going to the front desk and closing out the folio once I hit the spend on one card just in case they charge the whole thing to one card at the end (which happened to me once when trying to use 2 amex sync offers on 2 different cards).
Thanks, I'm going to ask at check-in just to make sure I get the hotel policy. I'll see if they recommend doing it during the stay, or at check-out. Of course, the quality of the FDA is relative from day to day.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:51 am

AMEX Hilton Honors Aspire $250 airline fee cr

A seat assignment fee for me would get the credit but if I also use the card for a seat assignment for my companion? Would I also get a credit?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mgiv
A seat assignment fee for me would get the credit but if I also use the card for a seat assignment for my companion? Would I also get a credit?
The system doesn't care who the purchase is for.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by George M
Thanks, I'm going to ask at check-in just to make sure I get the hotel policy. I'll see if they recommend doing it during the stay, or at check-out. Of course, the quality of the FDA is relative from day to day.
I split payment across multiple cards frequently. Never been a problem.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mgiv
Wrong thread. Suggest you post your question in the airline specific thread within the Amex forum.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I split payment across multiple cards frequently. Never been a problem.
Thanks - the payment wasn't my concern just the statement credit to both cards, which it sounds like won't be a problem either.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Two questions. My anniversary is April and I need to find a way to use my $250, but I don't have an actual resort stay booked between now and then.

1 - I *will* have a resort stay in July at a US hotel. I will not book a prepaid rate, but is there any way to phone the hotel and prepay $250 to my account? It'll be a Hilton.com AAA rate or maybe an MVP rate. I seem to have read about people doing this but it's not in the Wiki.

2 - Are there any hotels in the system from which it's possible (and reasonably easy) to buy something from when you are not a guest and have it successfully charge your card as being from the hotel. The example I can think of is a golf resort - I phone up, tell them I want some snazzy and grossly overpriced golf shirts. Or maybe the spa - I phone and tell them I want a robe or some creams or whatever my wife would want from a spa.

Last resort (lol) is that we live about 4 hours from Branson. I know we could actually go down there and spend a night and have dinner and blow $250. But that seems like work. (Last time I was in Branson was about 1982.)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:42 pm

The Aspire credit did pay for an upgrade to Economy Plus on United during seat selection.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:17 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by pinniped
1 - I *will* have a resort stay in July at a US hotel. I will not book a prepaid rate, but is there any way to phone the hotel and prepay $250 to my account?

2 - Are there any hotels in the system from which it's possible (and reasonably easy) to buy something from when you are not a guest and have it successfully charge your card as being from the hotel.
1. There is a data point to that effect in this thread from early last year. Someone contacted the hotel and they emailed him a form, then billed him in advance for a refundable rate. It was directly billed by the hotel (resort) so it triggered the credit.
2. Seems to be YMMV. Several cases of charging golf or meals, but other cases of charging meals which posted from the restaurant. Maybe you could ask them to bill it to you at the front desk despite not having a room? Not sure I'd drive clear to MO for that chance, but you never know.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond, Hertz Five Star
If I’m staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and charge something at the spa that’s technically at the Waldorf Astoria, will it still trigger any remaining credit? I assume so as long as I charge it to the room.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Any New Datapoint/Update on Elara Las Vegas for the $250 Credit

There were several reports in the past (about a year ago) that members didn't receive (or had very hard time) to receive the $250 Resort Credit for stays in HGV Elara at Las Vegas. Is there any update on this? Is stay in Elara still having issue to receive the credit?

I stayed in Las Vegas's Waldorf Astoria in May last year. Although I received the resort credits without any problem, but I had very poor experience with the staffs at the front desk during check-in and check-out. They even billed me $8.xx which was due to the previous guest in my room (as they told me). It was removed from my bill at check-out but then they separately charged it to my card. Everyone I spoke with were inefficient, incompetent, and rude. I had very bad experience staying there. I have stayed in Elara many times in the past. It is not a great property, but it was ok. So if Elara is now processing the $250 resort credit properly on time then I will stay in Elara. Otherwise I might try Tropicana this time. Any feedback?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.