Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old May 1, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Stickboy46
Does that mean you have had since June of last year to use it? If so, i kinda get their point of view if you had 9 months before the pandemic to use it.
Totally disagree. Everyone's situation is different. My cut-off is April. I have somewhere I like to go in March. I used mine in March 2019 and planned to use the credit expiring April 2020 in March 2020. Now I have lost $250. Saying I had since last April is meaningless; that's arbitrarily saying that you really only have several months, not a year, for the credit. I don't know what they should have done - just saying that it is arbitrary and illogical to say it should be used in the front end of the 12 month period.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Totally disagree. Everyone's situation is different. My cut-off is April. I have somewhere I like to go in March. I used mine in March 2019 and planned to use the credit expiring April 2020 in March 2020. Now I have lost $250. Saying I had since last April is meaningless; that's arbitrarily saying that you really only have several months, not a year, for the credit. I don't know what they should have done - just saying that it is arbitrary and illogical to say it should be used in the front end of the 12 month period.
Eh, not a normal situation. I'm just saying it's not unreasonable to say that someone that had 9-10 months to use their credits is a different situation than someone that is losing the majority of their timeline
Old May 1, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by Stickboy46
Does that mean you have had since June of last year to use it? If so, i kinda get their point of view if you had 9 months before the pandemic to use it.
Yes and no, This card was a product change in fall from HH Surpass card so the account date is technically June but the benefit was availed little later. Also, to Ord Liza's point, this seems just wacky to put arbitrary dates. I (really) did have travel plans to Kona for memorial day and Hilton is the only chain property on Hilo side of the island. It was a no brainer use for me. Now its a 100% loss.
Old May 1, 2020, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Did you mention that was the reason you were downgrading? It would help to know if they gave any more insight as to if and what they might be doing about the resort and airline credits since no one can travel.
I should clarify - I did an online chat and not actually spoke to anyone. No question asked and no no pressure in trying to get me to keep card. I assume they understand that people will downgrade as travel options are pretty limited at the moment.. In hindsight, I should have called in and explained why I was downgrading.
Old May 1, 2020, 3:24 pm

How do I know when my $250 resort credit resets? I signed up for the free Hilton card in 2012 and don't remember the date. I upgraded to Aspire a little over a year ago, and full annual fee is charged on 9/17. Does that mean my $250 gets renewed a little before 9/17? I last used the resort credit in late July 2019. Thanks
Old May 1, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How do I know when my $250 resort credit resets? I signed up for the free Hilton card in 2012 and don't remember the date. I upgraded to Aspire a little over a year ago, and full annual fee is charged on 9/17. Does that mean my $250 gets renewed a little before 9/17? I last used the resort credit in late July 2019. Thanks
I have found that your credit report on CreditKarma has the exact opening day listed.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
i think it will expire end of august then. In my observation it is end of prior month.... however that could be coincidence as well.

best way is to chat with them and ask. They will give you all the dates like when is resort credit expiring, hotel cert... airline credit
Old May 4, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the uncertainty of travel right now, it's a no-brainer to use the $250 credit for restaurant meals this summer. With the economy likely to reopen this month, I suspect the vast majority of us will have little difficulty spending $250 in restaurants June through August even if we make no changes in our normal spending behaviors. It's a better deal, too. It certainly can be fun to have credit for F&B when you're at a resort hotel, but the reality is that this food is generally about 50% overpriced -- so I'd take this restaurant offer even if it were a normal travel year. I'm fairly optimistic that AMEX will get it right so all purchases coded as "restaurants" will automatically be refunded up to the $250 limit.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
Given the uncertainty of travel right now, it's a no-brainer to use the $250 credit for restaurant meals this summer. With the economy likely to reopen this month, I suspect the vast majority of us will have little difficulty spending $250 in restaurants June through August even if we make no changes in our normal spending behaviors. It's a better deal, too. It certainly can be fun to have credit for F&B when you're at a resort hotel, but the reality is that this food is generally about 50% overpriced -- so I'd take this restaurant offer even if it were a normal travel year. I'm fairly optimistic that AMEX will get it right so all purchases coded as "restaurants" will automatically be refunded up to the $250 limit.
The $250 credit can be used against the room rate at said resort.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by geclub1
I have found that your credit report on CreditKarma has the exact opening day listed.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
i think it will expire end of august then. In my observation it is end of prior month.... however that could be coincidence as well.

best way is to chat with them and ask. They will give you all the dates like when is resort credit expiring, hotel cert... airline credit
My renewal fee hits at the beginning of July, which is what my credit reports show as my opening date on the card, but according to AMEX my anniversary date is June 5th. Doesn't really make sense to me, but at least I have a tiny window in which to take advantage for the restaurant credit promo. I will be well fed for 4 days in June!
Old May 6, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by stanj
My renewal fee hits at the beginning of July, which is what my credit reports show as my opening date on the card, but according to AMEX my anniversary date is June 5th. Doesn't really make sense to me, but at least I have a tiny window in which to take advantage for the restaurant credit promo. I will be well fed for 4 days in June!

Did anyone confirm if you renew in July, if your NEW year would be eligible in July-August for the $250 again?
Old May 6, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The $250 credit can be used against the room rate at said resort.
Is it only at that resort? I keep hearing opposite opinions about whether $250 credit can be used towards the room rate even from different Amex/Hilton customer support representatives.
Old May 6, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Is it only at that resort? I keep hearing opposite opinions about whether $250 credit can be used towards the room rate even from different Amex/Hilton customer support representatives.
Please review the wiki as it is hard to follow you. The $250 credit can only be used at one of the properties listed on the Resorts list. It can be used for the room rate, incidentals, or anything else charged by one of those properties. This is very clear.

For a limited time this summer, it can be used at US restaurants.
​​​
Old May 6, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Please review the wiki as it is hard to follow you. The $250 credit can only be used at one of the properties listed on the Resorts list. It can be used for the room rate, incidentals, or anything else charged by one of those properties. This is very clear.

For a limited time this summer, it can be used at US restaurants.
​​​
Thank you for clarifying. I understand that the credit can be used only at the resorts hotels. I was not sure if the credit could be applied towards the room rates since I've heard opposite responses from CS representatives.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Thank you for clarifying. I understand that the credit can be used only at the resorts hotels. I was not sure if the credit could be applied towards the room rates since I've heard opposite responses from CS representatives.
They may have been confused by what you were asking. The wiki at the top of this thread answers the question. To the extent you were asking "Hilton" representatives, they have no reason to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.