Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by json343
Looks like they adjusted the credit I didn't deserve today, so I think they are just having issues.
Same for me.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
I prepaid $250 back in June for a stay this month to exhaust my prior year credits.

We now have to cancel. Any idea what will happen when the refund hits? I’ve already used this year’s credits as well. Not sure if the $250 refund will post and Amex will just take it back? Anyone have a similar experience lately? (There must be many COVID related cancellations... just not sure how common the prepay move is.)

i could try to refund to a different card if we know for sure it will vanish regardless - just not sure if it’s necessary. TIA.
I think you are right to worry about any credit card refund being clawed back. When I had some Delta flights that were reimbursed by the airline credit, I told the airline I had no interest in a refund and wanted a travel voucher. Is it feasible to call the property and ask if they will transfer your stay credit to a new date in the future?
I'm assuming this is a place you may visit in the future and not a one-off. I can't imagine the property would object to keeping your money and it prevents any issues with Amex and a potential clawback. Good luck.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Hilton Amex Aspire $250 resort credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.