Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by sarrisa
So the card anniversary year is when you first got the card??? It doesn't change if the card is upgraded? I got my card 1-31-12 and have since upgraded/downgraded etc. I upgraded to the aspire 12/2018 but they say I'm not eligible for this credit until 1-31-20. Just want to make sure the agent was right. Thanks.
The resort credit is per card anniversary year, which in your card makes more sense that it's 1/31. Otherwise, what's to stop someone from playing upgrade/downgrade games in an effort to maximize the credit somehow. Consider the following: 1) use my $250 credit today; 2) in week, downgrade to vanilla HHonors; and, 3) in March, upgrade to Aspire. Do I get another $250 in March on that upgrade?

Airline credit is calendar year, regardless of anniversary and/or upgrade/downgrade dates.

PS - Main reason for anniversary year is to stop a churner from maximizing both before cancelling the next year. Otherwise, apply 12/1 use credit, and use credit again Jan of new year, then cancel, etc.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:09 pm

I have never used the $250 resort credit before. I just booked a 1 night stay at a resort that counts. 100% of the stay is being charged as a deposit even though I booked the flexible rate. Will this trigger the credit?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by churning
I have never used the $250 resort credit before. I just booked a 1 night stay at a resort that counts. 100% of the stay is being charged as a deposit even though I booked the flexible rate. Will this trigger the credit?
Pure speculation and while there can be no assurances (should just use this as my sig) and in my prior experience and what I know if this card, yes.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Pure speculation and while there can be no assurances (should just use this as my sig) and in my prior experience and what I know if this card, yes.
Thanks, I did see a post in this thread about 1 year ago that suggests I will get the credit on the deposit, just was looking for other thoughts.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post30649422
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:28 pm

Thanks, I did see a post in this thread about 1 year ago that suggests I will get the credit on the deposit, just was looking for other thoughts.
Oh, please don't misunderstand. My "should use as my sig" wasn't directed at you per se, but my concern/hedge that what may be true today may not be so tomorrow. And, if that were to happen, I'd never hear the end of it from the FT nitpicking semantics fetish clique.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:42 am

It triggered it for me.
My card anniversary is 12/28. On 12/9 I booked a Jan one-night refundable stay at Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego). A week later I looked at my Amex acct, saw the $380 charge, but saw the $250 credit too. I thought I had accidentally booked a non-refundable so I called HH, and was told some resorts charge your card when you make the reservation (huh?). Anyway it worked out b/c I was trying to figure out if calling the hotel and asking them to charge $250 in advance would work, but in the end didn't need to.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Does anyone know if the Hilton Baker's Cay Resort in Key Largo restaurant charges and/or jet ski rentals will be billed by the hotel itself so as to be eligible for the $250 Amex credit? Are points nights and the Chase weekend certificate eligible for using the $250 fee? Do points nights have to pay the resort fee?
I've never been in a hotel (Hilton, or otherwise) where any onsite affiliated restaurants couldn't be charged to the room, so no idea why this property would be any different (so yes, it should be no problem to put restaurant charges on your room).

As to the jet skis, I would just call the hotel and ask if that's a deciding factor.

For nights booked with all points you don't pay the resort fee. Not sure what the Chase weekend certificate is? Regardless, the answer is always the same: anything charged directly by a qualifying hotel to your Aspire will trigger the credit.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:52 pm

Queenstown Hilton

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to book one night at the Queenstown Hilton and I was wondering if the $250 Resort Credit would trigger if I booked it under advanced purchase? I read the initial part of the thread stating that this resort does trigger the Resort Credit but I wasn't sure if it would trigger it if I paid for the room via advanced purchase rather than paying at the hotel.

Thank you
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Not sure what the Chase weekend certificate is? .
Considered a reward stay and resort fee is waved.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was the deposit charged by the resort itself? If so, that should count (as long as the deposit is charged during the qualifying year, which it clearly is in this case). The whole reason that "true" prepaid rates for resorts in the USA don't count is because "true" prepaid rates in the USA are charged by Hilton central, not by the resort itself, and thus Amex doesn't see it as a resort charge.

I mention the "qualifying year", because in case someone had had the card for close to a year, had already used up the $250 credit for the current anniversary year, then before their anniversary date they booked a hotel which charged such a deposit, in that case the deposit, even if charged by the resort, might not count because in that case the deposit would have happened in the same year in the which the $250 credit had been already used up, not in the second year where the $250 credit was still available.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 5, 2020 at 9:05 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by actionjackson4729
Can you confirm if you did an Advance Purchase or Flexible Rate?
honors discount rate
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by sorrywereclosed
honors discount rate
I believe honors discount rates can be for AP and Flexible.

Were you charged when you made the booking or after you checked out?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:07 am

i think after checked out
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:31 pm

[QUOTE=JJeffrey;31911057]I've never been in a hotel (Hilton, or otherwise) where any onsite affiliated restaurants couldn't be charged to the room, so no idea why this property would be any different (so yes, it should be no problem to put restaurant charges on your room).

My question is for specific experience at Baker's Cay. Upthread there is an incidence at a Hilton resort where even though the restaurant bill was charged to the room, it was coded to the restaurant as a different entity so the Aspire credit was not triggered. But thank you for your general info.

Anybody actually used the Aspire credit at Baker's Cay for food and beverage?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
My question is for specific experience at Baker's Cay. Upthread there is an incidence at a Hilton resort where even though the restaurant bill was charged to the room, it was coded to the restaurant as a different entity so the Aspire credit was not triggered. But thank you for your general info.

Anybody actually used the Aspire credit at Baker's Cay for food and beverage?
Can you please point me to that example upthread? I don't remember any such issues like that being posted, but could be wrong.

By default, anything you charge to the room will get billed by the hotel, so I'm not even sure how that would be possible to charge something to your room and also have the restaurant code as something different to not trigger the credit? Doesn't make any sense.

As mentioned, there's a 99.9% chance you will be able to charge an on property restaurant at a Hilton resort to your room, no reason to believe otherwise. In any event you're looking for a very specific data point if you must have confirmation, so I'd recommend asking over in the dedicated Bakers Cay thread, or just call the hotel and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.